Has anyone here read Martin Zweig's "Winning on Wall street"?

maurice1

If so, what did you get from it?

I just borrowed it from the Libray, it is very old and I am just wondering if his method is any better than William o'neil's method CAN SLIM.

I just turned 21 and I have been reading books on investing so I can brighten my financial future. I read O'neil's book and I am now reading Zweigs.

Zweigs method seems a little weird, but I heard he was one of the most successful men on Wall street and wealthiest.

Any experiences friends?

Cheers:D

Yes Zweig`s systems are old, free and still working. For me even better than CANSLIM. You can check a comparison at AAII.

Regards

Hittfeld

Zweig's approach is a more macro one than CANSLIM as I recall it. They are actually probably mutually supportive in that CANSLIM includes analysis of the general market environment.

Any of you guys used his methods?

I ask because I have read both. Both seem good. I have heard many good things about CANSLIM but cant seem to find anyone who read Martin's book or "used " his methods.

You probably won't for a couple reasons. One is that, as I recall it, his is more of an intermediate to longer-term methodology and you've got a lot of shorter-term trading types here. The other is that the book is 20+ years old now, and I'd venture to say most folks you come across have never even heard of it.