Has anybody ever set up a relative to trade? If so using what structure?

No idea what he's doing, he only has to report to me once a quarter with a performance report or when he draws a salary/raises a div.

jeez Random, once a quarter! I'd want updates each week, until i knew he was capable..then monthly, then quarterly. He could come back to you in a quarter with nothing left!

No idea what he's doing, he only has to report to me once a quarter with a performance report or when he draws a salary/raises a div.

I suppose it's best you don't know what he's doing really.

How long can he live off the capital for by not trading?

jeez Random, once a quarter! I'd want updates each week, until i knew he was capable..then monthly, then quarterly. He could come back to you in a quarter with nothing left!

I honestly can't be bothered to scrutinise his trading or even discuss it with him. A single quarterly p or l figure suits me fine.

Total ruin could indeed be a possibility. I figure he'll at least be left with the margin!

Weekly reports will put a pressure on the kid so he wont be able to make any money , Quarterly reports will give him a chance to chase losses , average-down ... etc !

You must have a lot of love for your b-in-law, Random

Did you train him up or just let him loose?

.......funny

Train him up how? He's a bit thick for algos and I have no decent sample size of discretionary trading working as something to pursue for a living so I wouldn't know what to teach him. Get a job, sir!

you've been played; it turns out the "loser" has found himself an income with little work........YOU!

and i wouldnt be so hard on discretionary trading, some do it quite well

Train him up how? He's a bit thick for algos and I have no decent sample size of discretionary trading working as something to pursue for a living so I wouldn't know what to teach him. Get a job, sir!

you've been played; it turns out the "loser" has found himself an income with little work........YOU!

and i wouldnt be so hard on discretionary trading, some do it quite well

Haha well I'm not sure I was played as such...? Did I seem innocent in this regard to you?

I wasn't being hard on discretionary trading, I just said that *I* cannot teach it as a way to make a living. I only like things that can be well measured when it comes to food, shelter and compounding wealth. I agree with everything William Eckhardt says (apart from a few things that have changed around actual algo functionality) in New Market Wizards as a shortcut to this conversation. (y)