Hang Seng Bubble ?

Hook Shot

http://futuresource.quote.com/charts/charts.jsp?s=%24HSI.X-HKG

Hong Kong made it's ALL TIME high one trading day ago. On Wednesday 28th it got whacked due to US weakness probably....

IF there is more downside in the works for global stock markets ... I'm not sure that Hong Kong will escape ... and so provides a fantastic opportunity for bearish trade ...

It may rally a bit depending on how US closes but I think it's skating on very thin ice...
I'm not calling the top :)cheesy: ) but I know it's inevitable :LOL:

Watching and waiting........ cos when Hang Seng falls it really falls..

One day outside reversal..is powerful stuff ,but I'd be more inclined to short without the gap behind me.

if we see a retest of 12500 on the dow then i dont see how the seng can hold out , theres potential for a 5000 point drop, deffo worth a punt -would only need a small stop , if it breaks out to new highs just let it run then go short again.

Chump - agree regardng gap at my back... :cheesy: It's the all time highs which got my attention .... so I'm happy for it to make new highs this week and next if it wants to :)lol:) ..since I'm not compelled to pull the trigger just yet.

Midnight - glad you saw the potential ...... like I say I'm happy for it to keep rising to get a better short price :cheesy:

Interesting to see what happens at 24000 I think that's an interesting number for the Chinese

everything's got potential..but not with a vacuum behind me..after the dow made a two day rail I'd be even more worried about the gap behind me.....a guy who made a lot more money than me got it right that the amount of money lost trying to find tops and bottoms was incalculable..perhaps he might have had a view on this chart. ;) along the lines of let it show weakness first ?

Not looked at that instrument before...god is it gappy...not to my taste...sensitive to gaps comes of having one between my ears.

Be a little careful guys.

Although I agree that it will generally follow the US move (but with better swings) there is another influence currently. Chinese players were permitted to play in HK starting about a week ago. Since then the spreads have increased and the market has been a little wild.

These are players in the big swinging dick - lets gamble a little and see who we can break down - mold. Maybe they'll behave. ;)

http://futuresource.quote.com/charts/charts.jsp?s=$HSI.X-HKG

Ok,wide bar breakout,some stops have been covered in that bar. Now I don't know what happens after this ,BUT now we have a breakout I'll be looking for weakness that might be signalled by a one day reversal ,or more likely if it comes it will be 2 or 3 narrow bars where a break on the down side will catch tight stops and create MOM enough to form a pull back to the breakout. If it busts through with MOM watch all those gaps below. It may also attempt a rally,if it breaks the pivot you're out on half to the PB and B/e on the rest. If it fails and makes a lower high buy back the half and move your stop up.

If of course it zooms off into the nethersphere wish allboard a good journey and leave it alone unless you want to chase price

http://futuresource.quote.com/charts/charts.jsp?s=$HSI.X-HKG

Ok,wide bar breakout,some stops have been covered in that bar. Now I don't know what happens after this ,BUT now we have a breakout I'll be looking for weakness that might be signalled by a one day reversal ,or more likely if it comes it will be 2 or 3 narrow bars where a break on the down side will catch tight stops and create MOM enough to form a pull back to the breakout. If it busts through with MOM watch all those gaps below. It may also attempt a rally,if it breaks the pivot you're out on half to the PB and B/e on the rest. If it fails and makes a lower high buy back the half and move your stop up.

If of course it zooms off into the nethersphere wish allboard a good journey and leave it alone unless you want to chase price

Nice update Sir ...... interesting(?) it closed a tad beneath 24000 after hitting 24089.... we'll have to see next week how interesting it really is :cheesy:

If I'm very lucky we'll get a strong day in US which keeps the fire burning under the Hang Seng so that we get a real overbought situation going.... then we can hope for a reversal during trading hours .... wishing my life away..

i dont have the balls to daytrade the seng or any of the indices for that matter:eek: , i much prefer long term trades , and i'm confident we'll see 19000 on the seng before xmas.

none of my posts are about day trading it...it's really about not caring what direction it goes in ,but having options for what might be happening that you can trade with low risk and a high probability of a win if they occur..trading from the points that you 'see' in terms of options and managing them until you see further, be that 19000 ,or 29000.
Remember the wise words of sunny woo...plan only in outline and then react to what you find...so he was saying I've got enough noodles and veg defrosted for 20 no 9's tonight ,but I have more in reserve just in case a football coachfull of supporters stop in on their way back from the match.

Let's catch up with our old friend.....and see what a bit of distance does to our perspective.... ;)

Attachments

• HANGSENG.jpg
    HANGSENG.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 353
The old ones are best.....

Let's catch up with our old friend.....and see what a bit of distance does to our perspective.... ;)

Hence the old adage: "Trade what you see - not what you think."
:cheesy:

The Trend is our friend...let me think about that..... I know

Attachments

• Chinese Investors.jpg
    Chinese Investors.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 323