Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Hi all,

I first heard of FT through an ad (from Agora) this afternnon, did a bunch of Googling, found this blog, and read the whole blog tonight, trying to decide whether to buy FT or not. I think I'm in--have to sleep on it first, though. Thank you all so very much for the time you spent posting and the care you took---this blog has been incredibly helpful!

BTW, where did everybody go between June 26 and July 24 and after July 24 to now? Did everybody get some good money and take a nice vacation (I hope)?

Happy trading,

Marcia

Last edited:
Hi all,

Well, I slept on it and am still thinking I'll probably try this. I'm concerned about the silence on the Board though. Did the conversation move to the FT website or is everyone on vacation or is the market not good for this right now or did everyone change their minds about FT? Is this is still looking solid to you after some more time has gone by? Also I wondered how many tradable flags you've been finding per week/month through the current earnings season and if there is a difference between recently (due to economics or earnings season) and earlier in the year?

Does anyone know of a way to link incoming messages on this board directly into my personal email so that I'll know when someone has posted something on the board?

Thanks for your ideas.

Best,

Marcia

Last edited:
In response to Smudge [post #120 above]: as you can see from previous posts in this thread, I’ve been trying to get some sort of members’ forum off the ground for a while now. The more I think about this, however, the more I think it should be for the exclusive benefit of bona fide FlagTraders who have paid for the privilege to access Inner Circle Resources – and the TradeFinder™ system in particular. To do otherwise – that is, holding discussions in the public domain – is potentially exposing any genuine inter-membership discussions to abuse – even sabotage – from the mischief-makers and the nutcases ‘out there’ .. and ‘in here’.

[For instance, see my Post Script at the bottom of my post #100 of this thread; which is just an example of the idiots that might try and hi-jack a perfectly reasonable exchange of views and ideas amongst genuine FlagTraders]

Furthermore, I’m also not entirely happy with the prospect of FT non-subscribing lurkers sniffing around an open forum – like this one – in the hope of picking-up tips and clues regarding which particular FT filtered flags to trade and/or avoid.

In short, I see potential trouble with discussing the system's flags in full public view.

It really is down to Guy C to get an exclusive forum off-the-ground, ideally as an extension to his site’s Inner Circle facility. Dunno why he doesn’t arrange this? .. as it seems the logical thing to do in not only my own, but also in others FTers’ opinions, as is clearly indicated earlier throughout this thread. In addition, I know of at least one other potential FTer who would be mightily encouraged to sign-up to TradeFinder™ if he thought there was more inter-member support & discussion on offer.

Over to you Guy [.. who I am sure will be picking-up on this post].

KEITH

PS – Guy, contact me privately if you want by way of a PM or an e-mail .. via this forum. I for one would be more-than-happy to act as a moderator on any private FT forum.

Keith, not been a visitor to this thread before, but setting this up as a social group should be a piece of cake. You can manage your own membership, delete inappropriate posts and eject unruly types.

Yes TheBramble, I'm sure you're right, although apart from a typical Yahoo! Forum [.. yuk! ..(n)] I personally wouldn't know where of how to start a social group. Could one be established here for instance? NB - I'm a relative newbie to the site .. as no doubt you can tell from my posting history .. :innocent:

BUT a private forum, through the FlagTrader Inner Circle, would guarantee common ground and exclusivity, as only subscribing FTers can access Guy's Inner Circle by way of a typical 'User Name' & 'Password' login process .. and you can't login at the IC unless you're already a paid-up subscriber! The set-up for restriction is practically in place already.

I would encourage any other subscribing FlagTrader to post his or her views here .. TheBramble, would this include you? After all, you might already be a successful FTer for all I /we know.

Another member (hwsteele ) has recently set up a social group here on t2w so perhaps you can PM him and ask how he did it.

Me, a successful FTer? - LOL, lord no, I'm just being uncharacteristically helpful.

I automatically take a cynical view of any packaged trading systems and most commercial offerings in this business, but I have to say, I’ve yet to find any bad press on your mentor. Notwithstanding the posts from its users that I’ve read on this thread not quite gelling with the marketing hype for the course in terms of size and immediacy of profits and frequency of trading opportunities (which is about par for the course) GC does come across as a fairly genuine character. As always though, the cynic in me asks why anyone with a killer of a system would go to the trouble of marketing it and running seminars rather than just trade it. However, none of my business.

Good luck with your thread and possibly even your new social group.

.. lord no, I'm just being uncharacteristically helpful.

HA! .. :LOL: .. Thanks for your candid reply! .. (y)

FWIW .. I believe most (me included) are inclined to think along the same lines as you .. and I'm referring to all your remarks in your main paragraph above.

In other words, we'll see .. time will tell, one way or another. Like Abe Lincoln said .. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." (I wish I'd said that BTW) ..

.. BUT, from what I can tell, FlagTrader is nearly a year into its launch .. in what has been a very unpredictable and non-conforming market place. IMHO, FT will either (a) get-off-the-ground properly within the next few months with drum-beating success reports /individual blagging - of the non-marketing variety - or; (b) it might very well die a natural death through too much doubt, scepticism, suspicion and downright failure. Needless to say, I hope it turns out to be (a) above .. for GC's sake too, as I can clearly see how much effort he has put into the project thus far. He certainly comes across as a decent fellow .. and not a shyster. I guess what I'm wishing for is just a bit more collective enthusiasm and momentum for all concerned. It doesn't seem to be happening here at the mo.

Oh well, as I say, time will tell. AND the whole wide world can read what's being said - or not being said - on this particular thread .. if ya get my drift?!

Thanks again for your candour.

KEITH (the impatient one .. :whistling)

Keith, I'm not going to trawl through the entire thread as it's not a topic that massively interests me, but if it's simply a case of you lot receiving a bit of ‘robust scepticism’ from some quarters then perhaps a private forum isn’t the answer. Sure, if you’ve been getting more than your ‘fair share’ of thread derailers or posts which significantly transgress site guidelines, then simply hit the ‘report post’ button and that post will likely be removed – as will the poster if the instance is sufficiently serious.

After all, all you guys/girls on this thread benefit (or are able to benefit should you wish) from ALL of the stuff on t2w and from the facility to participate in an on-line BB. It’s perhaps appropriate that your thoughts and comments, albeit on a very narrow topic such as this, may be of interest to others too which they would not be able to were you to take it private. Quid pro quo.

Wise words TheBramble ..May The Force Be With You!

.. any thoughts, comments, my fellow fledgling FlagTraders?

Well, I still wonder how people are doing with this. Do you still feel it's solid and worth doing? Could some of you address that? I am in now, and am about halfway through the CD's. What he's saying makes perfect sense. Has anyone been making some good money with it also, or at least staying in the black and getting some extra pocket money?

One thing that made me quite nervous is the 30-day refund policy. Should be 60 or 90 days. 30 days isn't enough for busy people, which is most of us, and smacks of a possible rip-off of the stout money they're asking for up front. There's no need for them to be paranoid about someone stealing the ideas. The software can't be stolen, and that's what's critical here.

Keith-H, I agree with your ideas about the private blog. However, it brings up other serious concerns, such as if critical/negative/frustrated posts will be allowed to be posted or if those posters might even be banned from the software. Neither way is perfect. I benefitted immensely from the public blog before getting in, and will reread the whole thing carefully again in another month or so--there's a lot of good information here. A private one would be better for talking details, narrowing down who's who, etc., i.e. probably on balance a better help to those who are using the program.

In the meantime, since we have just this one for now, could someone address my questions? Thanks.

MarciaS

Keith-H, I agree with your ideas about the private blog. However, it brings up other serious concerns, such as if critical/negative/frustrated posts will be allowed to be posted or if those posters might even be banned from the software. Neither way is perfect. I benefitted immensely from the public blog before getting in, and will reread the whole thing carefully again in another month or so--there's a lot of good information here. A private one would be better for talking details, narrowing down who's who, etc., i.e. probably on balance a better help to those who are using the program.
MarciaS

Agreed Marcia - could always do both of course. For instance, I visit a US-based traders' forum on a fairly regular basis .. as a non-subscribing member, I must add. There's the majority "Rabble", like me, who visit the site in the hope picking-up info and maybe post the odd uncontroversial message. Then there's the 'gold' subscribing members - at US$150 pa - who are more-often-than-not very serious traders that have rights over-and-above the Rabble to enter the inner "Sanctum Sanctorum" [my label] where they hang out and exchange views, ideas & 'privileged' info. Maybe a 2-tier forum along similar lines would work for FlagTraders?

Saint, you need a system or method of some kind by definition, homegrown, borrowed or learnt - or usually, an amalgam of all three. Even if, as in your case, you just toss a coin - that's still a system. That the bods on this thread are choosing to pay for a polished commercial offering is their thing. They have access to the same info as we all do and they can make their own choices. As we all do.

Keith H - I have been deliberating about getting a private forum for bonafide FT traders for a while now. I am happy to lend a little advice on here however I feel uncomfortable posting anymore technical or specific info on the methodology and live trades.

Marcia S - Hope you're getting to grips with things ok. The 30 day refund policy is nothing more than an industry standard on these types of systems and is just in place in case you want to return it after review - you won't know if it’s successful for you for 12 months min.

TheBramble - agreed. People need to start somewhere. I would hope they've done a fair bit of free reading and research before considering purchasing a 'retail' system and that they have done similar due diligence before selecting which one. From my experience FT promotes a complete trading methodology and sound money management which if picked up by the purchaser is half the battle.

Dear Friends,

Since this forum is about Guy Cohen's illuminati trading system. I have a related question to ask. Guy has written a book called "Volatility Markets Made Easy" which was released in June this year.

My question to anyone who has read this book is, does the book teach readers how to look for stocks to trade their volatility? Does the book contain enough information to help the readers to trade for profits or is it a book written like many books written by trainers to impress their readers about how great the trainer is and use the book to upsell or advertise his training seminars and other products.

In Guy's case he has products like flag-trader.com and illuminati-trader.com to market. For those who have read the book, do you have the opinion that the book is used to promote his 2 products?

Any reply will be greately appreciated. Thank you.

CheeSL

Proposed FT Forum

Hi Everyone - but especially:

- Jchohan (June)
- Pjchalmers (Paul)
- Chris_P_D (Chris)
- Martinl (Martin)
- Andys280176 (Andrew)
- Swisdom
- catpurley (from NY)
- MarciaS (Marcia)
- smudger21

You may be interested to learn that I very recently held quite a lengthy and useful telephone conversation with Guy Cohen. As a result he has agreed, in principle at least, to work on setting-up an exclusive forum for bona fide FlagTraders providing there is sincerity and honesty of intention for all those who participate.

I genuinely think - and so does Guy - that if such a discussion forum is properly supervised and moderated, then it could be hugely beneficial for all concerned. He is a little reluctant at this stage, however, to put a timescale on the forum's establishment - but reading between the lines I don't think it should take too long .. in other words, we're talking probably just a few weeks at most, rather than months.

An interesting chap is our Mr Cohen - and I very much enjoyed our conversation together. Indeed, I found his enthusiasm for FlagTrader (+ his other trading systems) really quite contagious!

In summary, I have a good feeling about this proposed new development .. :)

Regards

KEITH

Hi there

Just to confirm Keith's post.

I'm happy to do this and Keith has kindly offered to moderate and police for us. Ultimately it's a good idea for everyone. Smudger's post on Page 15 here demonstrates how it could work very well as he's made a couple of key observations, which I'm going to assume you're ok with me paraphrasing into my next Flag-Trader blog!

We have a pretty intense development schedule right now with further improvements and supplementary products in the pipeline. Just for one example I've given Keith a glimpse of an indicator I've been developing called the OVI Index. This is an oscillator that is derived from options and volume data, not price data. The correlation with the underlying price is significant but there are numerous occasions where divergence with a price pattern can give a serious edge provided you have the correct entry/exit plan.

Back to the Forum, we have to determine how it will be juxtaposed with with regard to multiple financial sites and a non-trading website that I run for people with serious intestinal issues.

So, in terms of a timeline, I did tell Keith in an email later that we should be able to have the Forum up by the end of the year - hopefully sooner. The process should be straightforward once we've decided on the appropriate forum software for us and where to place it. The delay is purely down to the other commitments that have already been scheduled beforehand.

While writing, here are a couple of the other developments we have scheduled.

1. Live data module for Flag-Trader. We haven't forgotten it and we're well on the way with this. Hopefully by the end of the year.

2. I'm testing a new strategy effectively derived from raw elements of the OVI. Initial tests are encouraging but it needs continued observation in battle conditions! Obviously everything I do has to do with trading breakouts, and for various reasons this cannot be tested automatically, so it's a time-consuming process. For the record, I only create strategies that I personally want and need for my own trading. These are not cheap to research, create, produce and maintain, so it's only smart to run it along commercial lines. For many years I didn't and that was soul-destroying and financially damaging. But I think it's fair to say we're more committed than most to looking after our subscribers with real quality and proper strategies/software/support.

3. I'm going to create a CD11 for Illuminati-Trader which will include an alternative Pre-Earnings entry/exit strategy to take advantage of the pre-earnings implied volatility (IV) run, and avoid the post earnings IV crush. We've already added an implied volatility filter and charts to the application and we'll eventually have new filters for the IN-OUT pre-earnings strategy. All I-T Inner Circle members will get this for free, and it'll probably come with a fresh re-launch. The straddle market has been challenging for the last 12 months and therefore an alternative strategy is desirable. If and when the equities market dumps there'll be a lot of fun to be had again as IVs have dropped nicely.

Many thanks if you're still reading - I'll shut up now and get back to work!

All the best

Guy