Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Hey everyone

I'm also new here and am trying locate anyone who’s had any prolonged real time success with flag trader. I haven't used it myself (I currently trade FX) but have reviewed illuminati trader from guy cohen which is his options based system. From what I can see flag trader was born out of illuminati using the tradefinder software to identify and trade continuation patterns on bull and bear flags (a prerequisite for an illuminati set-up) but on spread betting account which is a fair bit simpler than having to calculated options prices etc.

From everything I have read flag trader seems to be a simple and profitable system you can manage outside 9-5 hours which is good for a newbie.

Just to clarify – I thought the illuminati system was very comprehensive and the only reason I didn’t keep it was I just can’t seem to get my head around options! The methodology is sound though.

What I can comment on is my experience with guy himself. After writing an email to the support team regarding the illuminati system guy personally called me himself to answer the question. It was a nice gesture from someone who really didn’t have to take time out of his day to do that. He was as helpful and genuine as they come. I appreciate that I was a client but he must have many.
Anyway back to topic. Everyone still having success trading the flag patterns...?
Many thanks

Hi

I was looking at trying the FT out but have failed to find answers to some simple questions:

Can I fit this around my work i.e. when do you seek out to trade. If the system spots a trade is it likely that you have to execute that trade there and then or can you set it up to seek out and execute trades when you're not there? Sorry I haven't any experience yet of trading stocks so my questions might seem a bit obvious to some.

Is it US or UK stocks the system targets?

It seems that it is very simple to use but after reading here it sounds like quite a lot to understand or is it quite easy to pick up?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi

I was looking at trying the FT out but have failed to find answers to some simple questions:

Can I fit this around my work i.e. when do you seek out to trade. If the system spots a trade is it likely that you have to execute that trade there and then or can you set it up to seek out and execute trades when you're not there? Sorry I haven't any experience yet of trading stocks so my questions might seem a bit obvious to some.

Is it US or UK stocks the system targets?

It seems that it is very simple to use but after reading here it sounds like quite a lot to understand or is it quite easy to pick up?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I believe that most if not all your questions can be answered from the Guy’s FT web site at Flag Trader Stock Consolidation Chart Pattern Trading Home If not the web site has contact details for you to post question about the product.

Please note this is not a recommendation or endorsement for any of Guy’s product(s) as I have never used any of them

Richard

Hi Guys Im back

Thanks for a lot of private messages asking where I was. Im still trading flag trader and its still going well. I dont think its possible not to. Have been seriously ill so been out of things for a while. Anyway flag trader is going well and I have had many successful trades with only a few losses.

***************************Need to Read This****************************

Had a great opportunity to trial something that isnt even out yet. I was in the right place at the right time and was asked to trial a new trading system. It works a treat and makes on average 20 points a day so a £5 per point is making me £100 per day. It actually compliments flag trader as I find with flag trader its check it once in morning, set any traps you see and wait. This one is sort of intra day trading and is working a treat. They really do well together but this is based on the FTSE. This one is good because the stop loss is very small but the gains are very good. It isnt released yet but it is only going to be sold as a training day with the first one soon. There is no website yet, its that new. If anyone wants more info let me know. I believe the training day price is aimed at normal people expectations not the £3k to £5k ones you see advertised just like the roxy trader one that floating around at the moment. Im using both systems now and its making me a lot of money.

Paul
HI,
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS INTRADAY SYSTEM + HOW YOU ARE GETTING ON WITH THE FLAG TRADER SYSTEM

Oh I was just generalising about the lack of feedback from users of this new system, not getting at anyone. Thanks for your response. I am going to give the system a 30 day trial because I am curious about it and have not traded before so might like it. I do like working with computer systems and work in IT so might enjoy doing this as a way of building up capital.

Oh I was just generalising about the lack of feedback from users of this new system, not getting at anyone. Thanks for your response. I am going to give the system a 30 day trial because I am curious about it and have not traded before so might like it. I do like working with computer systems and work in IT so might enjoy doing this as a way of building up capital.

Andy,
For what its worth, my understanding is that the new intra-day system (not FT) is not even in beta testing- as at start Feb. It would be very interesting to have some more info about it and how it’s performing from pjchalmers. However, I’m not holding my breath, Guy’s customers only manage at most two or three posts on the board before they seem to be snuffed out. I personally have this image of them all making so much cash they just have no time to drop by and post updates for the rest of us :D– I hope I’m right.

Rich – just not at the moment.

Andy,
For what its worth, my understanding is that the new intra-day system (not FT) is not even in beta testing- as at start Feb. It would be very interesting to have some more info about it and how it’s performing from pjchalmers. However, I’m not holding my breath, Guy’s customers only manage at most two or three posts on the board before they seem to be snuffed out. I personally have this image of them all making so much cash they just have no time to drop by and post updates for the rest of us :D– I hope I’m right.

Rich – just not at the moment.

What I can't get is that Cohen says trading volatile markets is what this system does best at but his blogs stated (around about sep-oct 08) stated that the market was in a bad way and people would need to sit tight. Is this not exactly the ideal opportunities to use this or is it that he mean't 'bad way' as in they had just bottomed out?

He didn't say bad way specifically but it was words to that effect.

I also think you need to trade a bit more than he says (20 mins a day). Maybe you can once you have really mastered it but how do you recognise opportunities throughout the day - as we all know the market continually changes - and do all this in 20 mins.

Mind you he did state that sometimes you only have 3 or 4 top notch earning opportunities per week so maybe that is what he means. The crux of the system seemed to be that the system selects only the best of the best looking trades so you might only have a few per week or none at all.

Andrew

Andrew

From my experience the illuminati system is better suited to volatility as there is no bias to market direction. There just needs to be a fairly decent move either way to make a strangle options trade profitable (placed during earning's season).

After speaking with Guy and also having read those blogs it would seem that it is better for flag traders to have a clearer picture of the wider market direction (up trending or down) in order to know whether to favour bull or bear flags.

I want to thank the guys who were using the system and were kind enough to post their thoughts on here but it would be really helpful if they could give a quick update on things. If they are still trading and what are the markets looking like at the mo. Are the favouring bull or bear flags? Or are they staying out all together?

Cheers

Craig

Hi All, Has anyone spot and suspect that "pjchalmers" could be Guy himself or his representative OR Am I just paranoid? Plz dont asnwer this one "pjchalmers". Thanks and a bit of lol too.

What I can't get is that Cohen says trading volatile markets is what this system does best at but his blogs stated (around about sep-oct 08) stated that the market was in a bad way and people would need to sit tight. Is this not exactly the ideal opportunities to use this or is it that he mean't 'bad way' as in they had just bottomed out?

He didn't say bad way specifically but it was words to that effect.

I also think you need to trade a bit more than he says (20 mins a day). Maybe you can once you have really mastered it but how do you recognise opportunities throughout the day - as we all know the market continually changes - and do all this in 20 mins.

Mind you he did state that sometimes you only have 3 or 4 top notch earning opportunities per week so maybe that is what he means. The crux of the system seemed to be that the system selects only the best of the best looking trades so you might only have a few per week or none at all.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Illuminati Trader System
Please note I am not an options trader in anyway. I also currently have none of Guy’s Trading system (I’ve just read a number of books on the subject). My understanding from Guy is that now is not a good time for Illuminati Traders – as the market is very high volatile. Illuminati traders, trade options in the main and option prices are directly related to volatility. So I would say, because of market volatility options are currently over priced. So, it would be difficult to find a set up where a low risk profit can be made from them.

For instance, a key option strategy for any Illuminati Trader is to buy a non-volatile stock option (low priced) before a news event hits. Once the news hits, sell the now volatile option (high price) for a profit. Basically the aim is sell volatility to the market. This is impossible to do when the whole market is as volatile as a hive of drop kicked bees. So, I would assume that options are just over priced for, a low risk, Illuminati Trader strategies at the moment. This will eventually change when market back down.

Flag Trader System
There is a Flag Trading section in Guy’s original Illuminati Trader system(s). Which is where the standalone FT system evolved from. In Guy’s FT system spread betting is used instead of options. Market volatile appears to have a much lower impact on the cost of placing a spread bet. So FT is very much in play at the moment.
That’s my understanding fwiw.

FT's 20min a Day Claim
Guy’s FT system uses EOD data to generate a list of possible trades (bets). Lets say, in the evening you manually filter and evaluate the list (according to Guy in around 20mins - once you know what you’re doing). You then place your chosen bet(s) then sit back till next evening (alternatively if you wish you can or watch/interfere during the trading day – its up to you).

Your bet is either:
1, Not triggered. You loose no money – either close or roll over the bet.
2, Triggered then reverses and hits your stop. You loose your stop loss and any slippage.
3, Triggered then reverses and closes at or below breakeven but above your stop. You have a decision to make – either close for a small loss or rollover the bet.
4, The bet is triggered and closes positive for you. Your trade is winning and you have a decision to make – either close for a profit or rollover the bet.

So, very easy for a simple, single bet per-stock approach.

However, just placing bets in the Evening while perfectly possible would mean probably missing out on a number of trading opportunities:

Stock regularly gap up and down at the open. If this were to happen to one of your bets and it gapped beyond your trigger point it simply wouldn’t be triggered. Your bet wouldn’t be placed – no loss but no opportunity to make money either. To avoid this you may well want to watch the open to place such “Gapped” bets manually. I think this situation is explained in much better detail in one of Guy’s free videos on his web site.

Also manually adjusting trailing stops and early closing of more complicated multi-bet strategies would also probably require some level manual intervention during day. Again I think this is shown in one of Guy’s free vids.

I would say the bottom line is that the system can quite conceivable be managed just as Guy indicates. However, if it were my money on the line I think I would be spending rather more time watching. It is quite possible though that that time would be very unproductive and possibly even counter productive.

I hope the above helps

Please note none of the above is intended as a recommendation or approval for any of Guy’s (or anyone else’s) trading systems or other products.

Rich – I wish

Guy Support

Hi i was googling to find out a blog to explore more about this product. I bought this one, currenty doing the course, however could you please tell me, which chart you use to make consolidation, i am using IG index, can i use their chart, if so how do you set up this.

To me its looks like a nightmare, buying additional chart software etcc.. also i sent many mails to guy [email protected], no reply at all. very poor support.

I still have 30 days trial period, i am really thinking of any use of this product.
I would appreciate if you could explain little more since you have already bought and experianced.
Many Thanks
Nordi

Hello everybody, i have been researching Guy
and as others seem to be saying, he seems
to be very genuine.

Nordi, just a thought...if you spelt the Flag
Trader address on the email as you have
here, it will be the reason you got no
answer. Check it out mate and let us know
as this is a very important point.

Thanks to all for your comments they are
very helpful to me and others.

Paul.

Hello everybody, i have been researching Guy
and as others seem to be saying, he seems
to be very genuine.

Nordi, just a thought...if you spelt the Flag
Trader address on the email as you have
here, it will be the reason you got no
answer. Check it out mate and let us know
as this is a very important point.

Thanks to all for your comments they are
very helpful to me and others.

Paul.

Me again,

Regarding Nordi's post, sorry, i am not
experienced and i stupidly saw the mistake and
wrote too quickly. I started at the begining of
this, and commented on an old post when i got
to it, without thinking what might be mentioned
further along. Obviously i have now gone back
and continued reading, and immediately i can
see its already been mentioned.

Paul.

Hi All

Let me try and encapsulate all the questions with a detailed answer. I have now been using flag trader for a number of months after going to Guy's seminar end of last year. I can say without any doubt that this is about as simple a trading method as you can get. Does it work well the answer to this is a definate yes. Do you need any trading knowledge the answer is NO. Can you fit this around work then YES you can. It is so flexible yet has an ability to seek out trades and pin them often with significant gains. You dont need a large bank to start and I have had many winning trades since day one and very few loosing trades its that good. To answer another question no you dont find a trade and immediately have to act. This is easily something you can fit around any job and there is time to place your trade to be successful. Sometimes a trade takes a few days from first spotting to activate, but when it goes boy does it go. I would recommend flag trader to anyone who wants to do well at trading. This can easily with little practice take over from your day job with the financial rewards to whoever wants to do it. As for Guy and support I have found both second to none. Guy is a down to earth person who really wants you to achieve and he will give support through his team to ensure you get this. I have tried many business opportunities over the years and Flag Trader is the best.
I realise this is high recommendation but its well deserved and I am proof to what flag trader claims to be able to achieve.
Just saw a note wondering whether I was Guy thanks for the compliment but no im not Guy lives in London and I live in Wales. If anyone wants to speak with me privately then send me a private message and I will give you my phone number and call you to give you more info. This way any thoughts of me being Guy will be instantly quoshed.
Regards
Paul

Last edited:
To Stevensri

I have not posted for a while as I have had a serious operation in the Princess of Wales hospital in Bridgend so have been out of action on the forum for a while. Hope this answers your question re posting.
Regards
Paul

I am aware the intra day trading software is on the go but I also believe that it is still in the software design stage so will be a little while before testing. If I get more info I will let you know as soon as possible. I hope its as good as flag trader but time will tell.
Paul

Hi there

This is Guy. The last time I posted here was many months ago, and today I was prompted to take another look by one of my new students.

In this note I thought I’d fill in a few gaps about Flag-Trader for anyone who’s interested. Flag-Trader is a stock trading package.

First, please let me address Nordi’s (UK-JAC) message, which perplexes me because I personally exchanged several emails with him concerning his issues with spread-betting. Even before I stepped in to help, my support team responded to his enquiries promptly. My students know I’m very hot on supporting them as best we can.

Nordi also mentions having to buy other software. This is not the case. However, some of our students do have TeleChart as they can import the scanning results and view the charts quicker that way.

Ok, onto some details …

The Flag-Trader package is a breakout trading method, and includes a detailed trading plan which is crucial. The CDs show you exactly what I’m looking for, and precisely how to trade the pattern. The magic is in the software which helps you filter the stocks for candidates. From there you use your discretion as taught on the CDs, so you hand-pick your opportunities. I’m pretty specific about what I like and in the CDs we run through over 40 examples of the good, the bad and the ugly. So you use the combination of the education and online software, and it’s fair to say I have a lot of very successful students doing this.

Flag-Trader is for stocks, though I also utilize my options expertise to help with filtering the best opportunities. The online software enables me to search for what I want in seconds. If the markets are ugly there’s nothing to do. I only like neat, compact patterns.

For me, flags have become part of my DNA so it never occurred to me to create a course specifically on it until early last year. In January 2008 I started to get concerned that options premiums would rise. I wrote a blog to my Illuminati students in March 2008 stating that late summer / early autumn could be a bumpy ride, and with all this in mind, I had added a “Lite” version of Flag-Trader into my Illuminati software. Literally within days many of my students were writing in to say they were doing really well with these flags. However, I knew they could do even better if they had more information and specialized software, so I created Flag-Trader specifically for trading stocks. The results have been very good and the positive emails keep streaming in.

In October we saw the biggest crash since 1929, and the aftershocks continued for some time after. As Flag-Traders we prefer to avoid the impact of news, and we do so by way of filtering it out and avoiding stocks about to report earnings. By November 2008 the market had become highly sensitized to even the tiniest of news announcements. Even with that, many students were still doing pretty well, but being a cautious guy, I emailed everyone to be super-vigilant as I didn’t want my students to be whipsawed to death. Fortunately that didn’t happen.

It’s worth noting that I only create the tools that I personally need to use for myself. Everything I do revolves around flag patterns and that will continue into the future. One of the great benefits with flags is that I can construct various strategies around them using stocks, spreadbetting or options. But just to make it clear, whatever I do solely revolves around this specific pattern. More improvements are on the way – that’s something my students are accustomed to.

As I mentioned in my previous note here, my publisher is the FT and my software clients include NYSE Euronext. And while I reluctantly accept that some of our sales letters are "aggressive", my students know I'm pretty relaxed in general.

I hope this addresses any questions adequately. As mentioned, I'm pretty down-to-earth and approachable within reason. I love hearing about people’s success and that’s a great motivator for me.

If you want to contact me directly I'll try my best to answer your questions. Email me on [email protected].

All the best

Guy

PS - I don't expect to visit T2W for another few months, so please direct any questions to my email address rather than here.

Last edited:
guy cohen information

Hi I just thought I'd give everyone a quick update on my enquiries about Guy Cohen's flag trader system.

I enquired about his various programs and workshops direct to his website stating what I was looking for and asking a few detailed questions about his systems.

In direction communication I was not only surprised but refreshed by his honest answers and his relaxed replies as to what may be the best course of action for somebody in my situation.

Not only did he not push me towards his most expensive offering he explained what would be advisable as a new beginner to srart with to get your feet wet.

At no point did he try a hard sell he only offered his guidance and honest answers to my direct questions.

The dialogue was open and frank and I was certinly left with the impression that this was one guy who was doing his best to help somebody who wanted to learn.

After thinking through his answers to the questions I posed to him, I opted to purchase his flag trader system with the standard guarantee of 30 day money back, if I didn't like the system or it just wasn't for me.

To cut a long story short, he seems very honest, straight forward,knowledgable, willing to help and to date a man who seems trustworthy and honourable.

Obviously at this stage I cannot vouch for the quality of the product, but I do believe there are still good honest people out there who have got something to offer people who are looking to learn and earn money out of trading.

I will report back in a month and let you all know how I have progressed with the course.

Martinl

Hi there

This is Guy. The last time I posted here was many months ago, and today I was prompted to take another look by one of my new students.

In this note I thought I’d fill in a few gaps about Flag-Trader for anyone who’s interested. Flag-Trader is a stock trading package.

First, please let me address Nordi’s (UK-JAC) message, which perplexes me because I personally exchanged several emails with him concerning his issues with spread-betting. Even before I stepped in to help, my support team responded to his enquiries promptly. My students know I’m very hot on supporting them as best we can.

Nordi also mentions having to buy other software. This is not the case. However, some of our students do have TeleChart as they can import the scanning results and view the charts quicker that way.

Ok, onto some details …

The Flag-Trader package is a breakout trading method, and includes a detailed trading plan which is crucial. The CDs show you exactly what I’m looking for, and precisely how to trade the pattern. The magic is in the software which helps you filter the stocks for candidates. From there you use your discretion as taught on the CDs, so you hand-pick your opportunities. I’m pretty specific about what I like and in the CDs we run through over 40 examples of the good, the bad and the ugly. So you use the combination of the education and online software, and it’s fair to say I have a lot of very successful students doing this.

Flag-Trader is for stocks, though I also utilize my options expertise to help with filtering the best opportunities. The online software enables me to search for what I want in seconds. If the markets are ugly there’s nothing to do. I only like neat, compact patterns.

For me, flags have become part of my DNA so it never occurred to me to create a course specifically on it until early last year. In January 2008 I started to get concerned that options premiums would rise. I wrote a blog to my Illuminati students in March 2008 stating that late summer / early autumn could be a bumpy ride, and with all this in mind, I had added a “Lite” version of Flag-Trader into my Illuminati software. Literally within days many of my students were writing in to say they were doing really well with these flags. However, I knew they could do even better if they had more information and specialized software, so I created Flag-Trader specifically for trading stocks. The results have been very good and the positive emails keep streaming in.

In October we saw the biggest crash since 1929, and the aftershocks continued for some time after. As Flag-Traders we prefer to avoid the impact of news, and we do so by way of filtering it out and avoiding stocks about to report earnings. By November 2008 the market had become highly sensitized to even the tiniest of news announcements. Even with that, many students were still doing pretty well, but being a cautious guy, I emailed everyone to be super-vigilant as I didn’t want my students to be whipsawed to death. Fortunately that didn’t happen.

It’s worth noting that I only create the tools that I personally need to use for myself. Everything I do revolves around flag patterns and that will continue into the future. One of the great benefits with flags is that I can construct various strategies around them using stocks, spreadbetting or options. But just to make it clear, whatever I do solely revolves around this specific pattern. More improvements are on the way – that’s something my students are accustomed to.

As I mentioned in my previous note here, my publisher is the FT and my software clients include NYSE Euronext. And while I reluctantly accept that some of our sales letters are "aggressive", my students know I'm pretty relaxed in general.

I hope this addresses any questions adequately. As mentioned, I'm pretty down-to-earth and approachable within reason. I love hearing about people’s success and that’s a great motivator for me.

If you want to contact me directly I'll try my best to answer your questions. Email me on [email protected].

All the best

Guy

PS - I don't expect to visit T2W for another few months, so please direct any questions to my email address rather than here.