Guy Cohen - Illuminati Trading System

Hi All
This can easily with little practice take over from your day job with the financial rewards to whoever wants to do it.
Paul

Your feedback is very interesting, Paul. On your point above, are you confident that the system can produce a reliable long term income stream of decent size? I am working in IT, making an income which most people I think would be pretty happy with. Trouble is, I no longer get any satisfaction from my job, which makes for a miserable life. The thought of doing trading full time has a lot of appeal, but am I being realistic? Getting trading profits tax free obviously helps a lot, but I would want to make typically £1000/week before jacking in my IT job. What do you think?

regards
Nick.

Hi AmateurTradersOnline,

Any recommendations on educational sites then?

Regards - Brogden

Hi, I'm new to these forums, having come here to see if Flag Trader has proved successful. Against my wishes, I had to return the software within the 30 day trial period, but hope to return to it in the future.

I recently had a site recommended to me that not only offers some very straightforward educational information and some free intraday and daily trading systems absolutely free. I hope it's of interest.

http://forexmoments.com/forums/

I'm a newbie on here but I’ve been a Flag-Trader subscriber since January. Although I personally haven’t traded much with it as I'm more into FX, I’ve had a good experience of Flag-Trader and can certainly vouch for Guy Cohen being open and amenable.

Something of a wacky coincidence, I happened to be sitting in the seat in front of him at a conference recently and recognised his voice behind me. I introduced myself and we’ve since struck up a good banter (football related of course!) but I’ve also been liberally asking him all sorts of trading questions.

What prompted me to make a post here is that this weekend I asked him specifically what his new indicator, the OVI was saying about the US markets. The OVI isn’t yet released officially but here was his response:

“The OVI is pointing down, so a break of the low for the last few days is a trade, however, be ultra conservative with your first profit target ...”

I have to say I'm impressed that Guy gave me an unambiguous answer, and even more that the answer was right on the money. He also won’t mind me saying that he actually suggested I make the post here too, which I'm very happy to give.

Guy’s methods are completely authentic, no question about that. He’s obsessed with improving his applications and I think the OVI looks like a very promising addition to his impressive stable of applications.

Like all will Ask, r u Guy Cohen No2? If not, could you or possibly ask your Guru, Mr Guy to create a webinar and show some concrete proof of how he is making his living on IG INDEX? Trust me, he WILL never be able to. All he possibly can is to cherry pick some charts and trail the stop loss- hey he speaks very well and he is a smart Guy left right center- PERIOD! He will be a teacher in my University anytime.
# Back to the main issue, OVI, AMBUSH or whatever Bushes he will try for next October (2010), kindly show the strenght of your charisma on your IG AC (plz plz)... If he can I cud possibly consider to pay around £10-15k for this course, unlike the £1997+VAT- which is very fair, but paying £2K to entertain him climbing mountain n enjoying life at my expense, U must realise that I am one of not the Gullible mate- sorry for thise who fall for Mr Cohen and many others.

Waiting for the Statement.

Hi leritz,
I certainly am not Guy 2 but have met him once. I mainly trade forex for a living but every month i take a look at US shares for which i use Flagtrader. The indicators generated are excellent but still need individual interpretation and an overall consideration of the general market condition. When i bought Flagtrader Guy did show his IG statement, unsure if he does now though. Once filtered the indicators give me a good view and i have had a lot of winning bets. Equally i have had losing bets but these have been small and quite a few down to me getting stop losses wrong. I don't believe any system will be infallible and you must generate your own instincts to make any tool work. If you are looking for a black box system which will generate cash without you having to do any work it doesn't exist, but if you are keen to get indicators then this has worked for me. You should visit Guy's OVI webinar (it's quite long though) as it is well worth watching, particularly the Goldman Sachs prediction. I don't know of many who will stick their neck out to short the mighty GS.

Like all will Ask, r u Guy Cohen No2? If not, could you or possibly ask your Guru, Mr Guy to create a webinar and show some concrete proof of how he is making his living on IG INDEX? Trust me, he WILL never be able to. All he possibly can is to cherry pick some charts and trail the stop loss- hey he speaks very well and he is a smart Guy left right center- PERIOD! He will be a teacher in my University anytime.
# Back to the main issue, OVI, AMBUSH or whatever Bushes he will try for next October (2010), kindly show the strenght of your charisma on your IG AC (plz plz)... If he can I cud possibly consider to pay around £10-15k for this course, unlike the £1997+VAT- which is very fair, but paying £2K to entertain him climbing mountain n enjoying life at my expense, U must realise that I am one of not the Gullible mate- sorry for thise who fall for Mr Cohen and many others.

Waiting for the Statement.:devilish:

Just a quick message to say we are working on the Forum and will slot it into the new site design where we're integrating everything. We've chosen the Forum software and shouldn't be too long now.

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone.

Regards

Guy

Hi Guys Im back

Thanks for a lot of private messages asking where I was. Im still trading flag trader and its still going well. I dont think its possible not to. Have been seriously ill so been out of things for a while. Anyway flag trader is going well and I have had many successful trades with only a few losses.

***************************Need to Read This****************************

Had a great opportunity to trial something that isnt even out yet. I was in the right place at the right time and was asked to trial a new trading system. It works a treat and makes on average 20 points a day so a £5 per point is making me £100 per day. It actually compliments flag trader as I find with flag trader its check it once in morning, set any traps you see and wait. This one is sort of intra day trading and is working a treat. They really do well together but this is based on the FTSE. This one is good because the stop loss is very small but the gains are very good. It isnt released yet but it is only going to be sold as a training day with the first one soon. There is no website yet, its that new. If anyone wants more info let me know. I believe the training day price is aimed at normal people expectations not the £3k to £5k ones you see advertised just like the roxy trader one that floating around at the moment. Im using both systems now and its making me a lot of money.

Paul

Hi Paul, i am researching Flag trader, but also interested in this other sustem you mention could you send any info on it? thanks, Duncan

Hi Paul,
Like you i also trade Flagtrader and do rather well out of it. I should do more but tend to Flagtrade monthly and between earnings seasons, however i do trade Fx daily. Would be interested in some information on the new system you have been trialling.
Regards,

Marc
Hi Guys Im back

Thanks for a lot of private messages asking where I was. Im still trading flag trader and its still going well. I dont think its possible not to. Have been seriously ill so been out of things for a while. Anyway flag trader is going well and I have had many successful trades with only a few losses.

***************************Need to Read This****************************

Had a great opportunity to trial something that isnt even out yet. I was in the right place at the right time and was asked to trial a new trading system. It works a treat and makes on average 20 points a day so a £5 per point is making me £100 per day. It actually compliments flag trader as I find with flag trader its check it once in morning, set any traps you see and wait. This one is sort of intra day trading and is working a treat. They really do well together but this is based on the FTSE. This one is good because the stop loss is very small but the gains are very good. It isnt released yet but it is only going to be sold as a training day with the first one soon. There is no website yet, its that new. If anyone wants more info let me know. I believe the training day price is aimed at normal people expectations not the £3k to £5k ones you see advertised just like the roxy trader one that floating around at the moment. Im using both systems now and its making me a lot of money.

Paul

Hi I'm interested in the Intraday system that Paul mentions as well. Paul, would you send me some details please/ point me in the right direction

Also, on Flagtrader, can anyone tell me where to buy his seminar/buy the system. i can see numerous websites but one of them that all 89 places have been booked. Any info/website would be useful

I bought Flag-Trader at the beginning of September '09 and started virtual trading with it on 11 September.

My first impressions were that the method was easily understandable, logically sound and emotionally manageable. I had emailed Guy Cohen and his team beforehand, and they were enthusiastic but not pushy. The method relies on finding clearly identifiable (or "clean") flag patterns with the software, then following a strict trading plan as taught by Guy.

For each prospective trade, the plan's most important elements are a "breakout" entry point, together with an automatic "stop loss" exit point (if the market moves against you), combined with a two-stage profit taking strategy (if the market moves in your favour). Knowing in advance exactly what action to take at any time, removes the element of emotion from the trading, and the first-stage profit taking effectively turns the trade into a "risk-free" one.

For the first two months I only made a very small profit, and my frustration was echoed by Guy who was commenting on the steep retracements in the markets being counter-productive. This was mildly reassuring as at least I had avoided major losses, and my account had made a slight profit, even in those tough market conditions.

Then in late November I attended Guy’s webinar where he introduced a small adjustment to his first-stage profit target. I followed this to the letter, and in the next two months (to Friday 22 January), my profits have soared - even with the markets being choppy.

I have to say I'm impressed, not just because of the method itself, but also because of the fact that Guy is prepared to introduce adjustments in line with the market’s behaviour. Yet he stays completely true to the method.

I’ve also introduced another way of exiting my trades using a combination of the 5 and 12 period Exponential Moving Averages, which seems to work very well in determining the trade's final exit point, and thus the second-stage profit.

Overall I'm very pleased, and I'm managing to be utterly mechanical with it.

J.

Thanks J,
Can you tell me what you mean by 'soared' - i am trying to get a realistic idea if i can, with this system, first of all earn back the cost of the program and cover charting etc , and then make a good profit.. i mean really!.. so difficult to know what 'reviews' are real... ande what kind of return on might expect.. i can only start with about £3K... and are you able to trade just 'end of day'?
hope to hear from you soon
thanks again
D

I bought Flag-Trader at the beginning of September '09 and started virtual trading with it on 11 September.

My first impressions were that the method was easily understandable, logically sound and emotionally manageable. I had emailed Guy Cohen and his team beforehand, and they were enthusiastic but not pushy. The method relies on finding clearly identifiable (or "clean") flag patterns with the software, then following a strict trading plan as taught by Guy.

For each prospective trade, the plan's most important elements are a "breakout" entry point, together with an automatic "stop loss" exit point (if the market moves against you), combined with a two-stage profit taking strategy (if the market moves in your favour). Knowing in advance exactly what action to take at any time, removes the element of emotion from the trading, and the first-stage profit taking effectively turns the trade into a "risk-free" one.

For the first two months I only made a very small profit, and my frustration was echoed by Guy who was commenting on the steep retracements in the markets being counter-productive. This was mildly reassuring as at least I had avoided major losses, and my account had made a slight profit, even in those tough market conditions.

Then in late November I attended Guy’s webinar where he introduced a small adjustment to his first-stage profit target. I followed this to the letter, and in the next two months (to Friday 22 January), my profits have soared - even with the markets being choppy.

I have to say I'm impressed, not just because of the method itself, but also because of the fact that Guy is prepared to introduce adjustments in line with the market’s behaviour. Yet he stays completely true to the method.

I’ve also introduced another way of exiting my trades using a combination of the 5 and 12 period Exponential Moving Averages, which seems to work very well in determining the trade's final exit point, and thus the second-stage profit.

Overall I'm very pleased, and I'm managing to be utterly mechanical with it.

J.

Thanks J,
Can you tell me what you mean by 'soared' - i am trying to get a realistic idea if i can, with this system, first of all earn back the cost of the program and cover charting etc , and then make a good profit.. i mean really!.. so difficult to know what 'reviews' are real... ande what kind of return on might expect.. i can only start with about £3K... and are you able to trade just 'end of day'?
hope to hear from you soon
thanks again
D

Hey D,

I will call myself R in this process... I understand you have asked J a question and I am sure HE (J) will reply shortly.

He will prob write a long lecture to please you and a slight balance of realistic approach to impress you (prob my wild guess,well...). All I am going to ask you is to request for his trading statement which I am sure is not asking for too much if one is willing to help. But but but, I cannot see him coorperating as all those people are GUY himself posing as ... ok u get it...

Everyone, pls stop bothering with Guy Cohen as he simply cannot make it work himself in practice, simple, PERIOD ( ME N EINSTEIN)

Hi Duncmac,
I'm away from home (and the internet) for the next six day. I'll be happy to respond in full to your question when I return from the UK next Sunday. Sorry to keep you waiting, but unfortunately I have no further time at present.
In the meantime, I'll leave our friend from Hayes (perhaps with some much needed help from Einstein), to ponder a little further on the meaning of the two words in the first sentence of my earlier post "virtual trading".
I can confirm to you however, that I am not Guy Cohen, nor am I anyone associated with any of his companies. I simply bought his Flag Trader system, and I've used it in my virtual trading (that's simulated, or paper trading Einstein), every trading day since September 11th. for end of day trading analysis. More when I return.
In the meantime I'll leave the honourable member from Hayes to enjoy his (or should it be her) PERIOD. I'm not a doctor, but I suppose that PMT can produce such attacks of very noticeable skepticism and cynicism - and obviously cases of mistaken identity. Someone needs to learn that what they eventually receive (or not), is simply the fruit of what they believe (or not).
Best regards for now Duncmac, and I'll write again next Sunday.
J.

Hi Duncmac,
I'm away from home (and the internet) for the next six day. I'll be happy to respond in full to your question when I return from the UK next Sunday. Sorry to keep you waiting, but unfortunately I have no further time at present.
In the meantime, I'll leave our friend from Hayes (perhaps with some much needed help from Einstein), to ponder a little further on the meaning of the two words in the first sentence of my earlier post "virtual trading".
I can confirm to you however, that I am not Guy Cohen, nor am I anyone associated with any of his companies. I simply bought his Flag Trader system, and I've used it in my virtual trading (that's simulated, or paper trading Einstein), every trading day since September 11th. for end of day trading analysis. More when I return.
In the meantime I'll leave the honourable member from Hayes to enjoy his (or should it be her) PERIOD. I'm not a doctor, but I suppose that PMT can produce such attacks of very noticeable skepticism and cynicism - and obviously cases of mistaken identity. Someone needs to learn that what they eventually receive (or not), is simply the fruit of what they believe (or not).
J.

HAHHAA

Good EgO massg n boost eh>>>>

Sing in your tune...... "Brinnnnngggg outttt the Staattteementtttt"... (Virtual willl doooo)

Einteinnnnnnn

(Also by the way MR NOT COHEN, dont forget to add your address in your personal details so that all your good friends can also know where you are from)-

W****r

HAHHAA

Good EgO massg n boost eh>>>>

Sing in your tune...... "Brinnnnngggg outttt the Staattteementtttt"... (Virtual willl doooo)

Einteinnnnnnn

(Also by the way MR NOT COHEN, dont forget to add your address in your personal details so that all your good friends can also know where you are from)-

Hi Duncmac,
J.

Jewells,

Thank you for your objective comments on this thread. I would be interested to hear about your exponential averages strategy to top off Guy's methods.

Regards

Paul

Last edited:

U mean "WINNER", plz dont use STAR when you want to express yourself, be my super guest... Thanks for the appreciation

NB: Trust yourself and come out your cave and say with pride that you have lost too and learnt your lesson.

Oh, I also notice you are after some Lines (MA) to sort out your Tesco shopping? hmmm

U mean "WINNER", plz dont use STAR when you want to express yourself, be my super guest... Thanks for the appreciation

NB: Trust yourself and come out your cave and say with pride that you have lost too and learnt your lesson.

Oh, I also notice you are after some Lines (MA) to sort out your Tesco shopping? hmmm

Oh yeah, I've taken some hits, but I've been taught how to control them. We all take (relatively) tiny losses don't we? I'm in profit. Do you actually trade? Put YOUR results up here and I'm sure that Guy's disciples will tell you exactly where you are going wrong.

Unfortunately I don't normally do 'flaming', so having failed already you won't be hearing much more from me on this issue. :)

I therefor aplogise for the 'w****r' remark.

Cheers

Paul

Hi everyone
Haven't posted for ages but have had a lot of messages that I now need to answer to a number of people. I have been seriously ill for most of 2009 and have not posted or done mutch apart from bed and rest. Anyway hopefully im now properly on the mend and getting going again.
Its interesting to see comments about Guy. I know him well, he posts himself sometimes on this blog. For those sceptics he doesn't use any other names to write on this blog. He doesn't need to he is one of the most upfront, say it as it is people i know and very helpful. I have even been classed as GUY when I first started so gave my name and number if anyone wanted to talk to me about flag trader.
Anyway down to how its doing. I didnt trade (or do anything for that matter) from Jan to September last year due to serious ill health but started again in October. Flag trader has continued to do well even under difficult situations. Guy himself recognised this and modified slightly his method. This has worked great. By the way he immediately sent out a message to all his customers and did a webinar to explain everything in detail. This again is not a surprise for this man. At this precise moment there are opportunities but is a very unsure time on the market, but using his exact method you keep out of most false moves, and get into good ones.
Look forward to being active on this forum again and answering those messages
Regards
Paul Chalmers

Hi Nick
If you read my post above you know why im late in replying.
Now lets get down to business.
I am totally confident this system produces a long term sustainable future. (Im relying on this, I have taken a massive step and now trade full time). I understand dis satisfaction in your job, it happens to many people but it takes someone brave and dedicated to do it. There are so many rubbish systems out there that don't do what it says on the tin. Flag trader is different, it is one of only a handful out there that actually works. The problem is people keep going after the next big thing and never actually do what they already have. Its becoming an internet disease which robs people of their money constantly on the buzz of something even better.
With flag trader you have in your situation the best of both worlds and a very easy transfer from IT guru to trading expert. Let me explain. Flag trader is not something you need to be glued to the screen with every hour of the day. You can spend a small amount of time in the evening checking for your flags with the help of the flag trader software and set your traps. Each day repeat the process or adjust stops or take profits on those that are running. It doesn't take long when you are competent and competency doesn't take long to achieve. When your up and running about 1 hr a day is all it takes maximum. Then you can watch your trading grow until it is at a level that you can decide your future path. But then its with knowledge and success not a hasty plunge now .With good money management from the off say starting at £1 a pip gradually build up your bank to £10 a pip. Now to make £1000 per week say at £10 a pip you need 100 pips a week which is very achievable, this is only 20 pips a day.
Hope this helps you
Regards
Paul Chalmers

Your feedback is very interesting, Paul. On your point above, are you confident that the system can produce a reliable long term income stream of decent size? I am working in IT, making an income which most people I think would be pretty happy with. Trouble is, I no longer get any satisfaction from my job, which makes for a miserable life. The thought of doing trading full time has a lot of appeal, but am I being realistic? Getting trading profits tax free obviously helps a lot, but I would want to make typically £1000/week before jacking in my IT job. What do you think?

regards
Nick.

Last edited: