Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dog

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Pig

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wasp

Legendary member
Alternate of the Western zodiac poll..... and happy new year (again) good excuse for a **** up!)

I think these work better than the Western signs.

1. Rat (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Water): Forthright, disciplined, systematic, meticulous, charismatic, hardworking, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, shrewd. Can be manipulative, vindictive, mendacious, venal, selfish, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, scheming.
  2. Ox (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Water): Dependable, calm, methodical, patient, hardworking, ambitious, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.
  3. Tiger (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish.
  4. Rabbit (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Gracious, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, astute, compassionate, flexible. Can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic, lazy, horny.
  5. Dragon (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, zealous, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, ambitious, generous, loyal. Can be arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, eccentric, grandiloquent and extremely bombastic, prejudiced, dogmatic, over-bearing, violent, impetuous, brash.
  6. Snake (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, ambitious, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful. Can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious.
  7. Horse (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile mentally and physically, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, arrogant, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn.
  8. Ram (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, determined, peaceful, generous, seeks security. Can be moody, indecisive, over-passive, worrier, pessimistic, over-sensitive, complainer, wise.
  9. Monkey (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual. Can be egotistical, vain, selfish, reckless, snobbish, deceptive, manipulative, cunning, jealous, suspicious.
  10. Rooster (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible. Can be over zealous and critical, puritanical, egotistical, abrasive, opinionated.
  11. Dog (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, dogged. Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome.
  12. Pig (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water): Honest, simple, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naive, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.

Wasp, you're finding trading too easy.

The bit with the bird at the beginning's very good, by the way ;)

An interesting read is it not? Did you finish the journey yet?

An interesting read is it not? Did you finish the journey yet?

No, definitely not. Appreciate it a lot more after desperately staring at a screen for a few thousand hours though...

Yes, its not for the uninitiated. Also note much more substantial discussions regarding analysis and market behaviour then too. Shame not as much effort goes in these days.

you need to break down each chinese sign into the various elements - wood, fire, metal, air etc (I'm a wood snake) - at least that gives you 48 variants compared to traditional western zodiac.......

then combine that with western monthly signs so you can see there is a broader range - still billions of people but more variety

for example, i'm a Wood Snake Cancer ie totally fooked up ars-wipe

Fire Dragon Taurean!

In Chinese thought Fire is associated with the qualities of dynamism, strength and persistence; however, it is also connected to restlessness. The fire element provides, warmth, enthusiasm and creativity, however an excess of it can bring aggression, impatience and impulsive behavior. In the same way, fire provides heat and warmth, however an excess can also burn.

people born in the year of the dragon have a natural charisma and are certainly gifted with power and luck. It is unlikely for them to escape unnoticed from a party or to take second place in a competition. The dragon person has an active mind and shows an unfeigned interest in the world around him/her. This person is also self-confident enough to know how to create a necessary impression. Because they are larger than life themselves, dragon people like to do everything on a grand scale. They are egotistical self-aggrandizing and just as ambitious as the Rat, almost to the point of megalomania. They will stop at nothing to get what they want. A person born in this year wears the crown of destiny, and is capable of great achievements if he or she knows how to harness his or her tremendous energy, intelligence and talent. While these people enjoy being the center of attention, they also have a brave and charitable side to their personality. If a dragon's friend faces a problem or dilemma, he or she will be there to offer help, and when others leave the field of battle the dragon takes a step forward to solve the problem with authority and dignity. Dragons set a high standard of actions for themselves as well as for other people and are surprised when others cannot cope with a task; they are so carried away by the process that they fail to see other people's weaknesses.

Ideal jobs for dragons include kings, military officer, politician, musician, buffers, poet, artist, biological and environmental engineer, stockbroker, athlete, trade union leader, company director, explorer, and attorney.

* Stubborn,however prefer thinking of themselves as patient, sensible and firm.
* Dedicated, willing to work hard for what they enjoy.
* Determined.
* Disciplined, methodical
* Sensible, practical
* Conservative, traditional
* Artistic / creative Often musical.
* Relaxed, laid-back, generally cool and self-possessed
* Slow to anger, but can become furiously mad
* Sensual, greatly enjoys food
* Loving
* Romantic and affectionate.
* Resentful
* Prudent, cautious
* Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
* Tenacious, steadfast
* Stable, steady
* Patient
* Loyal, faithful
* Overindulgent
* Very strong
* Good taste

I should be brilliant.... oh, wait, I am! It is all right!!! :cheesy:

Last edited:
so you've set your sights on becoming a King ?

would Princess count ? I hear Harry's back in the market ?

I am a Taurean Wood Snake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_(zodiac)
People born in the year of the snake are considered mysterious, attractive, wise and enchanting. He or she can become an Ambassador, a Mediator or a talented musician. Such a person is a thinker who also likes to live well; affluence. The Snake person loves books, music, clothes, fine food and wine; but with all their fondness for the finer things in life, their innate grace and elegance gives them a dislike for frivolities, small minds and foolish talk.

Some Snakes may have a slow or lazy way of speaking but this does not reflect in any way their speed of deduction or action. It's just that they like to ponder things, to assess and formulate their views properly. Generally speaking, Snakes tend to be very careful about what they say.

Snake people like communicating, particularly interesting and challenging conversations; if the conversation becomes repetitive their attention may soon wander. It is almost impossible to fix their attention for long talking about mundane everyday habits as they prefer to focus on new, interesting and evolutionary ideas in general. The Snake needs mental exercise in a conversation or relationship.

In relationships with others, Snakes are possessive and very demanding. And yet at the same time, they view their associates with a certain distrust. They will never forgive anyone who breaks a promise. They are also prone to being neurotic, even paranoid, where pet fears and suspicions are concerned. Once offended, however, Snakes will always seek revenge.

These people have a special talent that enables them to judge situations correctly. They are alert to new possibilities: when they have an idea of what to do and how to do it, they will pursue it persistently and energetically. The Snake is at home in any social situation, able to adapt and converse on all levels. In Chinese astrology it is believed that they are self-confident, driven, focused and willing to listen to someone else's opinion, but don't necessarily take it 'on board'. Refusing to listen to constructive advice; intelligent and headstrong. They treasure their privacy and will have many a dark secret locked up within. Females born under this powerful sign are beautiful and elegant to members of the opposite sex.

Although it is difficult for such people to take advice, they are patient and compassionate with others when it comes to giving a helping hand, and their ability to look at a problem from a variety of angles is extremely useful. When faced with a dilemma, Snake people, as a rule, act with speed and conviction, since they believe intensely in what they are doing and rarely waste time or energy on projects lacking in good potential.

Positive Traits: Wisest of all the chinese horoscopes, profound, clever, charming, logical, intelligent, creative, compassionate, discreet, honorable, pretty.

Yep, that about sums me up. (profound, clever, logical (oh so logical), creative.)

This person is also self-confident

almost to the point of megalomania.

I should be brilliant.... oh, wait, I am! It is all right!!! :cheesy:

we're not worthy
we're not worthy
we're not worthy
we're not worthy
we're not worthy

so you've set your sights on becoming a King ?

would Princess count ? I hear Harry's back in the market ?

I don't live in Brighton for the nice beaches!

I am a Taurean Wood Snake.

Yep, that about sums me up. (profound, clever, logical (oh so logical), creative.)

Did it mention discipline for not posting on t2w till, Wednesday I think you said! :cheesy:

Did it mention discipline for not posting on t2w till, Wednesday I think you said! :cheesy:

snakes are renowned for their flexibility of thought and reactiveness to situations. :whistling
have time on my hands. morning move taken. waiting for afternoon session.

if you believe in all this stuff, have you tried the I-Ching??

you need to break down each chinese sign into the various elements - wood, fire, metal, air etc (I'm a wood snake) - at least that gives you 48 variants compared to traditional western zodiac.......

then combine that with western monthly signs so you can see there is a broader range - still billions of people but more variety

for example, i'm a Wood Snake Cancer ie totally fooked up ars-wipe

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Arial,Helvetica]WOOD SNAKE Horoscope[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Arial,Helvetica]Feb 4, 1905 to Jan 24, 1906
Feb 2, 1965 to Jan 20, 1966
[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Snake[/SIZE][/FONT] people enter a room and there is Music, Music, Joy! Everyone dances! Such high spirit! The Snake is so intense and passionate, just as likely to take out the castanets as to climb mountains of snow. Snake year people are charming and romantic, often planning delightful hideaway surprises. Possessing tremendous wisdom, they are deep, quiet thinkers, calm by nature, but most intense. They often get involved in great causes, bigger than life, and often serve as mentors to the young. To paraphrase Confucius, they have a kind of inner beauty that arises, hovers, then comes to nest. They will have an abundance of good fortune and a long and prosperous life.

Sharkfin Soup and Chinese Cabbage are among keys to good health!!

Wood Snakes dream of success, fame, and fortune, but without really having the wherewithal to make things happen*. Even though they are strongly career minded, they have trouble making goals and too many opportunities pass them by. Dreams of better jobs lead them into changing positions several times through their working years. Despite it all, life is good for the Wood Snake. They generally have good fortune and they have "abundance" through other means, such as good health, wonderful friends, strength of character, an elegant lifestyle, and resilient spirit. What about Romance? Hmmmm? Of all creatures, Wood Snakes are most in need of knowing how to tango (as in,"it takes two"to do so!). Relationships always have cracks. Snakes have to learn how to give a little and how to hold back in order to accommodate the needs of the partner as well as themselves. A stubborn streak and a tendency towards self-absorption make communication difficult. Through the cracks, flowers grow and when they do, Wood Snakes are very responsible and sensual lovers and beautiful to behold.

Famous Snake People: Mao Tse-tong, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Ferdinand Marcos, Abraham Lincoln, Lady Pamela Mountbatten, Martin Luther King, Grace Kelly, Jacqueline Kennedy, Edgar Allen Poe, Prime Minister Tony Blair, Bob Dylan

---------------------------------------------------

* bugger mate!

Damn! I have been found out. Back to my lowly paid civil-service job counting paper-clips.

" .... Wood Snakes are very responsible and sensual lovers and beautiful to behold. ...."
yeah, well, least I'm not ugly.

FIRE DRAGON - 1916, 1976, 2036

The most righteous, outgoing and competitive of all Dragons, the Fire Dragon will expect a lot from everyone. But while he may be demanding and aggressive, he is also blessed with enormous energy and has a lot to offer in return. The trouble is that he may go around with an air of superiority plus authority (who me!) and make people fear or shy away from him. His leadership qualities are often marred by his desire to be treated like the Messiah. :LOL: Fire matched with his forceful lunar sign will give him overzealous and dictatorial inclinations. He pushes too hard even where there is little resistance.

In reality, he is an open and humane person given to impartiality and uncovering the truth at all costs. His criticisms are objective and he has the power to arouse the masses with his vibrant personality. A natural empire builder, he will look toward the supreme order of things, with himself at the helm, of course.

Because the Fire Dragon is often enveloped by insatiable personal ambition, he is short-tempered, inconsiderate and unable to put up with anything less than perfection. He also overgeneralizes or jumps to conclusions, frequently lumping people into categories without allowing for or even perceiving their individual differences.}

Nonetheless, here is a performer of the highest degree who could easily be a source of inspiration to his fellowman and a personality who will catch the public eye - when he learns to master his negative traits and communicate more humbly with others.

------

As it goes Trendie, I think its all a load of boll0cks.