Guaranteed stop loss

Quantt

Established member
944 59
The same way insurance companies make money. They pool the premiums against risk events based on actuarial calculations.

My single experience was with CMC and that was more than 10 years ago. The cost for a guaranteed stop once invoked is incurred regardless of whether it is triggered. Every single change to the stop is a new insurance event and cost is incurred. I don't believe there is any insurance out there that you only incur a premium conditioned upon an actual claim. Every insurance company will go broke.
Yep, that was my guess as well... there is no free lunch unfortunately...
Also you can do something similar hedging with stock options...

sminicooper

Experienced member
1,148 327
Yep, that was my guess as well... there is no free lunch unfortunately...
Also you can do something similar hedging with stock options...
Well certainly there are no free lunches in trading but I regard IG 's offering as a bit of a free snackette -it would only be used in anger (Black Swan/massive gap) and only pay the premium if it's executed – it's a win-win for me.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,093 1,196
I'm wondering if a GS isn't a tool for actively targeting Black Swans - stocks BEFORE earnings announcements, forex pairs BEFORE bank rate decisions etc. Anyone doing this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock