got broken into-replaced in car charger

tonyjai

do we have any electricians here? i been looking for a definate answer and can't find it. i have my pda incar charger stolen, i replaced it but only with the ratings different. can anyone tell me whether the charger will damage my pda, or blow it? the output for the original is charger is:

output 5v----1A

and now my replaced one:

output 5.5v +_5%
min 150mA
max 1000mA

a 0.5v different...my pda is brand new, i don;t want to to damage into electrical components. thanks..hope some one can help me, been getting to me for a few days now...thanks:):):)

What type of battery does it have?

The likelyhood is that it has in built protection and a constant current charge so should be OK.

JonnyT

jonnyt, its you again...hello:)thanks for your reply. it has a Removable & rechargeable 1200mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery. how can i check for sure that it has a in built protection and a constand current charge?????thanks

In my view it is unlikely to damage your product. because it is the current that is the greatest issue here and the limit is 1000mA which is equal to 1A. Also the original 5v product would have had a tolerance on it even if not stated.

Paul