Gordon is a .....

Arbiter

I thought I would get this thread started. Budget day!!

So we have Mr Ambiable-Stalinist-Mentally-Unstable (what the papers say not me) who is going to take a green focus on the budget today as an obvious political swipe at Tory policy (if they have one, I am still confused where they stand on anything - they make the right noises but don't actually offer any hard numbers).

So other than charging a little more tax for Chelsea tractors, and the usual Booze and Fags increases, are there any predictions before Gordon make his speech?

well, he'll spend an hour or so telling us what a wonderful state the economy and the country is in after ten years of his golden rule (which he'll claim not to have broken by producing some deft figurework to prove it)

barjon said:
well, he'll spend an hour or so telling us what a wonderful state the economy and the country is in after ten years of his golden rule (which he'll claim not to have broken by producing some deft figurework to prove it)

Ah yes, through the magic of numbers, creative accounting and blind Audit Office we will be all calm in the knowledge that the economy is safe and no cracks are appearing.

I still can't believe that all of those PFI's are allowed to be kept off the books.

It would be ironic however if Gordon does become the next PM and the UK has an economic meltdown. It will be one of those rare instances where a politician can't blame his predeccessor.