Good book/e-book/course/program on Money/risk management?

fabiansc

Hi guys,

My name is Fabian and I've been trading for around two years. Unfortunately, up to now I've been studying only from the worst scumbags in the trading world. Two from my country and the infamous Tim Sykes.
After seeing all those thieves, I've decided the best way to learn to trade is to learn a bit of everything and then start to apply and develop my way on my own using a demo.

Anyways, in the part of money and risk management, I'd appreciate it if you could give me a name of a good book or online course that deals with those issues.

If you have something recommended in general for trading I'll be more than happy to hear your advices.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

Hi Fabian, when I first got into risk management and money management (two different things), this page by Ed Seykota helped clear things up tremendously:

Risk

Basically, the amount you risk on each trade can make or break you even if you have positive expectancy in percentage terms.

Hi guys,

My name is Fabian and I've been trading for around two years. Unfortunately, up to now I've been studying only from the worst scumbags in the trading world. Two from my country and the infamous Tim Sykes.
After seeing all those thieves, I've decided the best way to learn to trade is to learn a bit of everything and then start to apply and develop my way on my own using a demo.

Anyways, in the part of money and risk management, I'd appreciate it if you could give me a name of a good book or online course that deals with those issues.

If you have something recommended in general for trading I'll be more than happy to hear your advices.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

Don't follow crappy systems. Learn price action. Reagrding money management, you can develop a proper techniques according to your investment and risk/reward ratio.

Hello there...

Concerning risk management...I don't there is a bigger truth than keeping the maximum risk at 2% per trade and never risking more than 10 % of the account on all open trades. Any genuine teacher should tell you this or something similar.

Dameon

Hi Fabian,
Welcome to T2W.

If you've not seen it already, check out the Essentials Of 'Risk & Money Management' Sticky - it covers the basics and, in the third post, there are some useful links to Articles on T2W and other resources.

If you find any particularly good sites on the topic, let me know and I'll add them to the Sticky.
Tim.

If you've not seen it already, check out the Essentials Of 'Risk & Money Management' Sticky - it covers the basics and, in the third post, there are some useful links to Articles on T2W and other resources.

Agreed 100%. Check out that link. It is more comprehensive than the Ed Seykota page I linked you earlier. However, Ed has a nice way of explaining things. Both are good in my opinion.

Hi Fabian - try Matt LeRouge's e-book called 'Stop Losses' - it's pretty short but has some great advice from the heart!

Hey Fabian,

You should read "The trading game" by Ryan Jones it explains the best type of money management out there in my opinion.

Maza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Maza :)
I saw this book had not the best reviews in Amazon, but that doesn't necessraly means anything, I've downloaded it as well.

Have a bunch of material to read right now :)
Every thing I read lead me to new questions :)

Thank you all, really :)