Global Trading Community -Any Feedback/Experience

Wolff99

Hi All,

Has anyone had any training,any experience or have any feedback regarding this company,

Just trying to get some independent information to scope them out.

Thanks

D.

There was many such companies that set up during the boom years of futures day trading from 2000 - 2007. As the markets have been more efficient many of the arcades/prop groups have changed and many of the traders that existed have changed their careers. Think carefully about your choices as these companies usually put together a course (which may be relatively good in content) to make money out of guys trying to chase a dream. As they always say "those that can't - teach". If it is so good .... A fool and his money are often parted.

This course was originally the FCT grad course. It has been around for a long time and it is very easy to get to talk to past trainees and traders. I have been to see them amongst other 'paid' for training companies and am joining the programme for the following reasons;
They train you onsite amongst real traders
There is a reputable trading firm apparently ready and able to back you if you show promise.
They have a rare approach to trading, they use their own visualisation software and go on about not using technical analysis or indicators to train with. Its about you learning to see patterns by studying order flow and some type of internal market structure.
Finally, as the 5k for 3 months cost includes a live account, just to pay rent to sit in a City trading floor only would be similar in price, I cannot believe they make money just on training.

Anyway as I have waited long enough and are now ready after lots of research to 'have a go' I couldnt find any alternative to start trading outside a proper job with Liquid or Mako.

hey. I am mike and have been with gtc fr over one month.graduated from lse and member of soc of tech analysts.....but those couldnt give me the edge to make money in the here and now.
with gtc i learn to trade what i see not what i think,always hedged and with max stop loss of few ticks.we trade bond futures and interest rates as they are the most liquid and safe two way markets
reflecting real ecomonic situations and health of major economies.we always pay attention to underliying cash market.
gtc plans to expand in new markets that get on exchange.we learn that there is no holy grail..but rather hedging strategies and observing volume and price behaviour to gain an edge at some point during the day.successful tradign is boring not exciting waiting for a breakout of a trend chanell.those who think ta is the way for day trading .....they dont say that 8 out of 10 ta signals fail during the day.that is coz ta can work better only in long run.its a trap in the intraday.u guys are warned.
come along at minories 33 if u got doubts and talk them over with us.cheers
[email protected]

Last edited:
This course was originally the FCT grad course. It has been around for a long time and it is very easy to get to talk to past trainees and traders. I have been to see them amongst other 'paid' for training companies and am joining the programme for the following reasons;
They train you onsite amongst real traders
There is a reputable trading firm apparently ready and able to back you if you show promise.
They have a rare approach to trading, they use their own visualisation software and go on about not using technical analysis or indicators to train with. Its about you learning to see patterns by studying order flow and some type of internal market structure.
Finally, as the 5k for 3 months cost includes a live account, just to pay rent to sit in a City trading floor only would be similar in price, I cannot believe they make money just on training.

Anyway as I have waited long enough and are now ready after lots of research to 'have a go' I couldnt find any alternative to start trading outside a proper job with Liquid or Mako.

It's been almost a year since you posted this. Could you be so kind and let us know what do you think about this whole idea today? Was it as good as you expected or would you like to warn others about it? Do you still recommend GTC? Any feedback would be very appreciated - PM me if you wish :)

hey. I am mike and have been with gtc fr over one month.graduated from lse and member of soc of tech analysts.....but those couldnt give me the edge to make money in the here and now.
with gtc i learn to trade what i see not what i think,always hedged and with max stop loss of few ticks.we trade bond futures and interest rates as they are the most liquid and safe two way markets
reflecting real ecomonic situations and health of major economies.we always pay attention to underliying cash market.
gtc plans to expand in new markets that get on exchange.we learn that there is no holy grail..but rather hedging strategies and observing volume and price behaviour to gain an edge at some point during the day.successful tradign is boring not exciting waiting for a breakout of a trend chanell.those who think ta is the way for day trading .....they dont say that 8 out of 10 ta signals fail during the day.that is coz ta can work better only in long run.its a trap in the intraday.u guys are warned.
come along at minories 33 if u got doubts and talk them over with us.cheers
[email protected]

I bet the LSE and the Society of Technical Analysts would love you as a role model
for them as it appears you cant spell and you can even write a paragraph correctly.

I bet the LSE and the Society of Technical Analysts would love you as a role model
for them as it appears you cant spell and you can even write a paragraph correctly.

jesus....lots of bitching round here.it is just a forum mate not an essay competition.
I just wonder if u had the guts to correct SOROS as well for his english.
I m not in the business of selling courses mate....unlike the ones who are bitching.
It's not me who isnt identifyign himself in public and whose preferred trading activity is spreadbetting with IG INDEX.
That one is you!

Last edited:
Like all these other little prop shops(TCA/Headway/Amplify), not seeing a whole lot of FSA registration and for that reason Id run a mile. I could find a much better way to spend 3-5K to 'learn' about the markets

jesus....lots of bitching round here.it is just a forum mate not an essay competition.
I just wonder if u had the guts to correct SOROS as well for his english.
I m not in the business of selling courses mate....unlike the ones who are bitching.
It's not me who isnt identifyign himself in public and whose preferred trading activity is spreadbetting with IG INDEX.
That one is you!

I dont see why its a problem trading with IG. I have system i stick with
and do just as good as i need to to justify the time i put in.

Seems just because some people trade direct access they have a
"my digits bigger than your digit complex"

Maybe you should check your digit before slinging mud around. :p

I dont see why its a problem trading with IG. I have system i stick with
and do just as good as i need to to justify the time i put in.

Seems just because some people trade direct access they have a
"my digits bigger than your digit complex"

Maybe you should check your digit before slinging mud around. :p

i just wonder how does your system deal with volume on ig index not to mention the wide spreads of otc products there.
every city analyst with an ig index account gambling on directional moves without looking volume at price on a ladder is just another retail punter.
ask any pro trader..not me
anyway ..keep your cool mate.

i just wonder how does your system deal with volume on ig index not to mention the wide spreads of otc products there.
every city analyst with an ig index account gambling on directional moves without looking volume at price on a ladder is just another retail punter.
ask any pro trader..not me
anyway ..keep your cool mate.

Ive never looked at volume only traded with the trend. I trade breakouts and failed
breakouts of the asian overnight range and use previous days highs and lows.
IG dont really have wide spreads. I trade GBP/USD and the spread is usually
2 or 3 pips which as long as you dont try and get in and out by scalping you are usually ok. (y)

Ive never looked at volume only traded with the trend. I trade breakouts and failed
breakouts of the asian overnight range and use previous days highs and lows.
IG dont really have wide spreads. I trade GBP/USD and the spread is usually
2 or 3 pips which as long as you dont try and get in and out by scalping you are usually ok. (y)

i c so you are a technical spreadbetter.if this style earns you a living then good for you.
but when people talk about pro trading they know that the tape makes the market tick
meaning not qualities of simple price levels but the net order flow around them.
none of the average pro traders will ever go trade 50 lots without looking vols at levels
and they will eihter trade the cable future as prop traders or swaps/spot as fx bank/hf traders so their spreads are tiny in relation to their size and have access to institutional flows if we talking fx spot.
day trading on technicals without vol at price is more suited for the retail punter who simply trades trend direction on a small size.but it can work as well if u have lots of experience.it is just that the markets work through an auction precess that is not visible to you without volumes at price.but whatever makes money is good...if it does.good luck

i c so you are a technical spreadbetter.if this style earns you a living then good for you.
but when people talk about pro trading they know that the tape makes the market tick
meaning not qualities of simple price levels but the net order flow around them.
none of the average pro traders will ever go trade 50 lots without looking vols at levels
and they will eihter trade the cable future as prop traders or swaps/spot as fx bank/hf traders so their spreads are tiny in relation to their size and have access to institutional flows if we talking fx spot.
day trading on technicals without vol at price is more suited for the retail punter who simply trades trend direction on a small size.but it can work as well if u have lots of experience.it is just that the markets work through an auction precess that is not visible to you without volumes at price.but whatever makes money is good...if it does.good luck

I hear you on this way of trading as this is what i would like to do eventually as i can see
the advantages of trading using the price ladder and using volumes. At the moment my trading isnt full time so i just get my orders in and then if i head out to the office i just stick my stops in and let them close out or close the trade when i get to the office manually.

I find traderslaboratory.com good forthe type of trading you mention above where
volumes at levels is important and trading off the order flow.

Ged

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they have recently been on or know much about Global Trading Community. How good is the course etc?

Thanks,
Ajasio1

How about one of you bright guys do a google search or even a t2w search instead of asking the same question every few weeks??

Peter

Yes the course is legit and is actually really good start to a pro direct access full time approach. I did it a few years ago and it really was a door to fixed income trading and I still remember what I learnt. There is a guy around who did the course and ended up at a top hedge fund in the West End, theres a whole community of the grads from the course online as well