Glenn Neely ?

i am trying to learn his stuff, but already have a simple question. id like to get help from someone if possible. let me know if you know his stuff and i will post he question on this thread
thanks!

I've very familiar with Glen Neely's EW stuff...

I recommend anyone with an interest in EW take time to read his book as some of the ratio's patterns are priceless and often don't get the recognition they deserve..I'm told it took him over 10 years to write his book & you can tell with the detail he goes into.

Personally, I don't use his pollywave or monowave stuff... just his very detailed info of wave structure in both time and price that ties in very well with the original Elliott works that helps to gain, more of a "feel" for the different types of wave personalities.

:)

Bez

You wouldnt be able to help me with a question regarding Rule of Neutrality and Rule of Proportion would you?

this is a pretty fundamental question:

After gathering your data points, do you plot them on a chart and then adjust the scale on the whole chart so that every piece of directional and non directional action on every level satisfies the Rule of Proportion simultaneously using that same scale?

If so, it could be very difficult to make all pieces of directional/non directional price action fit. it would also cause you to possibly update your chart with every new data point (since the domain keeps expanding and perhaps the range). somehow i dont think this is what you are supposed to do

If not or you don't know what Im talking about could you go through the process of applying Rule of Proportion and Rule of Neutrality. Dont need to go into the rule itself, but more of what waves to apply it to

Attachments

• neely.GIF
    neely.GIF
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,690
at first i thought that you proportion each piece of price action you want to analyze individually. look at my pic below for my question and reasoning

Attachments

• neel.GIF
    neel.GIF
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,207
prechter basically explains classic EW

however, EW is very subjective...neely takes the subjectiveness out of it.

Recently discovered this site's posts of 'Neely' eurusd charts

attached is the 2/12/2006 Daily chart, see site for commentary

must say I can't make head nor tail of the labeling

http://forexltd.co.uk/waves.aspx

Attachments

• e d n.gif
    e d n.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 4,713
Last edited:
After a long-term being hindered by the wave-counting subjectivity of Elliott wave, I Decided to take a serious look at Neely's book.
I highly agree with Neely that when you choose different time and price scale, you have chosen the patterns you will see and the patterns you want to filter out. I cannot agree with this point any more!
undoubtedly, Neely's explanation of Rule of proportion is very clear. As the background of this concept is very familliar to me. But ... as for the rule of neutrality, the situation is much different.
I hope that Neely can give some explanation why he introduced the Rule of neutrality. How can this rule help the practitioner in wave counting?
Thanks , in advance.
:clover: