Girlfriends and Wives and Trading.

yes but amits thats not whats happened.

a wife has said "my husband shouts and swears when hes trading" and the natural reaction has been "well obviously he has something wrong with his trading" and secretly i bet the wife will as well leverage that she has been looking at anger management for him.

nobody knows anything about this guys tradign at all whatsoever. given all the information, it is more likely that the wife is annoying than he is a bad trader.

... like you can ask "does my bum look big in this" is my favourite example because the question you are asking is a lying question! you are asking for compliments not about the volume of your bum.

well for a trader the answer is yes ytour bum does look big because youve got a big bum now go away.

that is a good trader answer, but not a good husband answer. and you cant mix the 2

Hahaha, funny but true. It's a lot easier if your methodology and the way you live your life align. The 'bottom' line will be bigger if they do in my experience.

yes but amits thats not whats happened.

a wife has said "my husband shouts and swears when hes trading" and the natural reaction has been "well obviously he has something wrong with his trading" and secretly i bet the wife will as well leverage that she has been looking at anger management for him.

nobody knows anything about this guys tradign at all whatsoever. given all the information, it is more likely that the wife is annoying than he is a bad trader.

I think swearing at the screen doesn't mean he has anger management issues. If he directs any of it towards his wife then that's wrong and he has anger management issues, but I don't know if he does or not. Someone who shouts at the screen probably isnt that confident a trader.

Didn't Marty Schwartz of Market Wizard fame approach the market as a war?

Mind you I don't think he erupted into a headless chicken dance though. Its important to keep a cool head when under the line of fire.

Trading is a game of probabilities. Even if you have an edge which you execute perfectly every single time, there are times you will lose. I think that taking the emotion out of things is very important

he shouldnt think of trading as a war imho, the markets dont know you and care if you are happy, sad, depressed or drunk, if thats the case you might as well stay happy, its more fun.

for example

:)

As opposed to

:(

From one of the previous answers, I would say definitely Arabian.

There again, the OP is probably Arabian.

No I am not Arabian. He always seems to be drunk in the evenings.
Doesn’t sound like me at all. :whistling

Last edited:
Not that I am definately saying this is the last known photo of Arabian, you never quite know

:)

Attachments

• ldrunk.jpg
    ldrunk.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 313
Thats not the Arab i know.

In real life he is Mr GQ, and very popular with the ladies too

Attachments

• Arab.jpg
    Arab.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 429
Dear Trader_wife,
I completely understand your situation and feel there is more you want to ask as the whole thing seems weird/ unclear for you. I apologize in advance if I might sound rude in places but I would like to give a straightforward answer according to your case:
1) Trading is not a business, it is a probability game- you win or you loose. It is very hard to plan a future because you never know whether you win or loose as you get paid according to your success only.
2) It is better to have a stable income and trade at the same time ( not every day but occasionally) then a person can be more relaxed and plan his future,etc. I personally have my own business within fashion accessories industry which gives me a stable income + trade once or twice a month. I love what I create and happy with my life.
3) Do not put all your eggs in one basket, in this case in trading. It is not safe! Having such a job it's very hard to think about having children even. Talk to your husband, he can still trade but his main job can be ( preferably) something different. Investment banks/ advisories diversify their products/ hedge their risk by investing into different products, etc. Persuade you husband do the same with different type of occupation as well before he's got health issues.
4) I met many guys who'd left their paid jobs as traders in investment banks, they all have their own businesses within different areas ( teaching trading :), men's fashion, consultancies, etc.).
I hope this will help you, that is my personal opinion about the situation you are in. I apologize again for me to sound rude in places.

This sounds like an Agony Aunt thread.

I suggest that you aren't making enough cash to keep the better half happy.

You are not all blaming her, are you? No wonder she's irritated!

Women are like cats
You want to be alone for something - they want to be noticed or talked to etc
You put them into a comfortable chair - they are off , don't want to sit there
You asked them not to do something - and that's the only thing in the whole world that they really want to do
You buy them something nice - ahhhhhhh it's the wrong colour. But you said red dearest. Not that red, stupid pig !
You spend all afternoon clearing up - where's my effing ***, can't you put anything back in it's proper place !!
Over the years you are reduced to a nervous wreck, having decently decided not to strangle the b*tch
The safe places from the tyrant gradually get whittled away. Last year she finally got rid of the garden shed, your last refuge.
It looks like the only escape is death. Exit this world and hope that there is another one without Janice Khan - the mogul empress

Women are like cats
You asked them not to do something - and that's the only thing in the whole world that they really want to do
You buy them something nice - ahhhhhhh it's the wrong colour. But you said red dearest. Not that red, stupid pig !
You spend all afternoon clearing up - where's my effing ***, can't you put anything back in it's proper place !!
Over the years you are reduced to a nervous wreck, having decently decided not to strangle the b*tch
The safe places from the tyrant gradually get whittled away. Last year she finally got rid of the garden shed, your last refuge.
It looks like the only escape is death. Exit this world and hope that there is another one without Janice Khan - the mogul empress

ey! how do you know so much about my wife?

Women are like cats

only kidding girls - honest :)

Dear Trader_wife,
I completely understand your situation and feel there is more you want to ask as the whole thing seems weird/ unclear for you. I apologize in advance if I might sound rude in places but I would like to give a straightforward answer according to your case:
1) Trading is not a business, it is a probability game- you win or you loose. It is very hard to plan a future because you never know whether you win or loose as you get paid according to your success only.
2) It is better to have a stable income and trade at the same time ( not every day but occasionally) then a person can be more relaxed and plan his future,etc. I personally have my own business within fashion accessories industry which gives me a stable income + trade once or twice a month. I love what I create and happy with my life.
3) Do not put all your eggs in one basket, in this case in trading. It is not safe! Having such a job it's very hard to think about having children even. Talk to your husband, he can still trade but his main job can be ( preferably) something different. Investment banks/ advisories diversify their products/ hedge their risk by investing into different products, etc. Persuade you husband do the same with different type of occupation as well before he's got health issues.
4) I met many guys who'd left their paid jobs as traders in investment banks, they all have their own businesses within different areas ( teaching trading :), men's fashion, consultancies, etc.).
I hope this will help you, that is my personal opinion about the situation you are in. I apologize again for me to sound rude in places.

If you want to trade for a living you HAVE to make trading a business. It's only not a business when the trader fails to research, plan and budget according to the pre-determined expectancy of their method. If you've done rigorous backtesting of your methodology (10 years+), you'll have a pretty good idea of the frequency of your pay-offs and drawdowns. This will enable you to plan and budget while embracing the uncertainty that trading as a sole income brings.

Yes. It's also normal to be even angrier when your girlfriend points it out, or asks annoying questions (all questions are annoying questions). Or looks over your shoulder. Or talks about crap.:mad:

This...

Why don't you just leave him to get on with it, wife. People tend to have one personality for work and one for home. This is his work personality. At least he's getting it out rather than bottling it up. I'd recommend just giving him his space as if you keep prying like this when he's obviously very pi55ed off it will probably only end in a mistress or you walking into doors.