Gilead stock

Stoney_21

Anyone know why Gilead is plummeting? Is it still a good long term position or is this selloff an indicator that something is going wrong with the company?

Anyone know why Gilead is plummeting? Is it still a good long term position or is this selloff an indicator that something is going wrong with the company?

GILD (the ticker is quicker)
There are several news stories on this. The Thinkorswim news feed shows related news stories the second they break. If you don't have TOS try freestockcharts.com they will show related news as well.
It's a biotech....They do this a lot. I treat them as a potential take over/bankruptcy play. Means if I do anything... I'm in and out.

are you a longer term investment (6-month +) or is it just a trade?

longer term it is fine and if you are inclined in that way i would just buy some more around 97 or 91 if we can get that low, glad i seen your post actually because i will be buying this stock!

its merely a standard market sell off, no reason what so ever this stock should crash.. this company is 92% institutionally owned. it has risen huge over the past 5 years..

all the fundamentals look incredible from its history.. i would hold this stock and buy more at a cheaper level .

dm me so we can discus this stock as it is new to me since i 1st read your post but after doing a small amount of research it seems to be gold!! speak soon

Michael A Ball

GILD (the ticker is quicker)
There are several news stories on this. The Thinkorswim news feed shows related news stories the second they break. If you don't have TOS try freestockcharts.com they will show related news as well.
It's a biotech....They do this a lot. I treat them as a potential take over/bankruptcy play. Means if I do anything... I'm in and out.

Gilead stock looks slightly undervalued at this point because the market is undervaluing Gilead’s HIV and oncology portfolios. The company also shows significant potential in the immunology/NASH area.

MEDICINE
Early peek at data on Gilead coronavirus drug suggests patients are responding to treatment
PUBLISHED THU, APR 16 20205:04 PM EDTUPDATED THU, APR 16 20205:50 PM EDT

Why Gilead Sciences Stock Is on Fire Today
Its COVID-19 treatment could be a game changer.
George Budwell

George Budwell
(TMFGBudwell)
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:15PM
Author Bio

What happened
Shares of the large-cap biotech Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) jumped by as much as 16.1% in after-hours trading Thursday afternoon. The biotech's stock leaped higher after an encouraging report by the science and medical news website STAT suggesting that Gilead's antiviral medication remdesivir may be effective at treating patients hospitalized with severe cases of COVID-19.
While the preliminary data shouldn't be taken as gospel by either patients or investors, these initial results are impressive nonetheless. In one trial by the University of Chicago Medicine, for instance, researchers reported that the vast majority of patients treated with remdesivir were discharged in less than a week, and only two patients died during the study.