GFT missing data?

darrenf

I have a demo account with GFT with a view to opening a live account.

However, this morning the demo version of the dealbook seems to have "frozen" with no price quotes after about 5.30am GMT. Also, this has affected charts, with no data after the same time. Obviously quite worrying if I was trading live with them!

Has this also affacted the live platform? Question obviously goes out to anyone who has a live account with them. Also to anyone who has demo platform. (Is it affecting everyone or just me)?

My FXCM charts/ platform are working fine BTW.

No on line help at gft at the mo, but will put the questions to them later and feedback to t2w.

Any comments in the meantime would be appreciated.

Darren

PS no live quotes on their homepage either as there usually are. Very concerning!

I have raised the issue with GFT's helpdesk and they are investigating. Hope to get a reply by email. Will update with any further news.

Anyone out there with an account with GFT that can feedback on this?

darren
Their servers are down, this may explain the problems you are having

Regards
NB

They are getting back to me.

Is this a regular occurence? Quite unnerving.

This is the first problem I've had with them. They have been very good and reliable in the past. They have just upgraded their software so perhaps it has thrown a glitch up when they changed it over to the new version.
The telephone support has been brilliant. Ive managed to get through very quickly and all my questions have been answered quickly professionally and cautiously.

Regards
NB

As an afterthought, if their servers have gone down they would most like not be able to access the online support to answer your emails and online questions. Also given that they will have most of their active traders phoning them for placing orders they have still kept the fast response rates that i would have expected given the pressures that they have had as a result of their technology problems... this thing is to be expected from time to time in my opinion especially when they upgrade to improve the service. Putting their service next to D4F there is still no comparison (or service from D4F lol :LOL:)

It is nice to know that they can cope with the work load when server problems do happen and contingency procedures are swiftly actions so as not to interrupt the quality of service.
Overall, my trading has not been effected.

Regards
NB

Newtron Bomb said:
This is the first problem I've had with them. They have been very good and reliable in the past. They have just upgraded their software so perhaps it has thrown a glitch up when they changed it over to the new version.
The telephone support has been brilliant. Ive managed to get through very quickly and all my questions have been answered quickly professionally and cautiously.

Regards
NB

OK, I will let you know what they say once I get my email although I suspect it will just confirm what you have said.

Thanks for the info. Will let you know either way.

Just to report back, I actually got a phonecall from GFT yesterday which is definately not what I am used to with D4F! - And I only have a demo account too.

The reasons they gave didn't quite tally with what you said NB. I was told that they had system problems but it only affected demo accounts and not live accounts and that the charts would be fixed to fill in the missing data. They also offered assurance that this was not a regular occurence.

To be honest, just the fact that they bothered to ring a mere demo account holder kind of restored my faith in them and I chose to overlook the fact that the stories didn't quite tally.

They also said that if I had a live account in such circumstances that I would be able to ring in trades etc.

Overall, a bad experience turned in to a positive one I think!

Hi Darrenf

As you say not bad service at all even for a demo account holder ;)

Here is the email I received from them.

Dear GFT Customers,

We are pleased to inform you that the live trading system is back online. Our technology and system engineers have resolved the condition. During a previously scheduled upgrade to increase our server capacity and redundancy, we experienced a hardware issue that resulted in the loss of access to the system.

The system remained down for an extended period of time to ensure the integrity of all client data and information before re-starting the platform.

This downtime occurred while upgrading our live system to add a secondary redundant server cluster to our system. While this unscheduled downtime is unfortunate, we are excited to inform you that we have added an additional server cluster at a separate facility. This will massively increase our server capacity, redundancy and load-balancing of our trading system.

We appreciate your patience and loyalty during this brief downtime. Please know that these new upgrades will help ensure more platform stability, reliability and capacity from this point forward.

Global Forex Trading

I have been refused access for days. Regards my live account, but not my demo. I'm a novice - they claim it is a hardware problem. But many communications have resulted in very little substantial assistance. Very polite crew you know. It is not a matter of being courteous. Muddled. Anyone having this problem now?