Getting use to with real money?

LRAS

Title should say getting use to trading with real money FML lol,

I just made the transition from paper trail, to using real money and well the difference in my performance is shocking, so I'm wondering is there any TIPS on getting use to trading with real money, or does it just get better with time?

- S

Title should say getting use to trading with real money FML lol,

I just made the transition from paper trail, to using real money and well the difference in my performance is shocking, so I'm wondering is there any TIPS on getting use to trading with real money, or does it just get better with time?

- S

Welcome to the other 90% of trading. This where you get to find out who you really are.

'Trading in the zone' is a nice place to start.

Welcome to the other 90% of trading. This where you get to find out who you really are.

'Trading in the zone' is a nice place to start.

lol at least I'm in the majority I guess, have you got any tips for a young buck trying to move into the prestiges 10%? ;)

Start with as small size as you can and slowly increase it after a month of successful trading. Another month of successful trading and increase it again. If you have a bad month then go back down until you feel comfortable. You need to learn to look through the money and focus on the market or else you won't have a chance.

Start with as small size as you can and slowly increase it after a month of successful trading. Another month of successful trading and increase it again. If you have a bad month then go back down until you feel comfortable. You need to learn to look through the money and focus on the market or else you won't have a chance.

So start with as small investment in Month one, and if I am able to make a profit at the end of that month invest again and carry on doing this?
But if I don't profit that month decrease the value until I'm happy trading with that value again?

No start with a small account and trade as small money\pip as you can. If you are learning then there is no point trying to focus on money. Focus on the process and getting it wrong doesn't break your account. After each successful month increase the size. This way you see progress and can plan for goals.

lol at least I'm in the majority I guess, have you got any tips for a young buck trying to move into the prestiges 10%? ;)

Ah you got me wrong, and so have I. Most people view trading as a technical thing, Its not. Most people think you are trading the market,youre not. You are trading yourself, your hopes and dreams, your deepest fears.
I love a pic.
6099-darktone-albums-galley-_-_-picture3684-i-think-i-done.png

You wana a tip? Alright.
Dont try and be right in the market. Try and be profitable.
If you just bought em at 500 looking for 550, it doesnt really matter if it went 480 / 400 / 300 before hitting your 550. At the end o the day, this game is all about what you dont lose.
So no matter where you are or what youre doing, for profit or loss, seek value, always aim at the better price, the price that is in your favour.

Ah you got me wrong, and so have I. Most people view trading as a technical thing, Its not. Most people think you are trading the market,youre not. You are trading yourself, your hopes and dreams, your deepest fears.
I love a pic.

You wana a tip? Alright.
If you just bought em at 500 looking for 550, it doesnt really matter if it went 480 / 400 / 300 before hitting your 550. At the end o the day, this game is all about what you dont lose.
So no matter where you are or what youre doing, for profit or loss, seek value, always aim at the better price, the price that is in your favour.

Buy at 500 :-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0 drops to............300 !!!!

Where's that picture you had of my stop loss Darkie ?

I love a pic.

You wana a tip? Alright.

Thanks for that tip, I didn't look at it like that, especially since the transition from paper trading. I panic when I see a lose in cash - especially in volatile markets - so you have gave me a lot to think about, especially with the trading yourself part of what you said! Thank you! (y)

ahah very true, I guess I'll follow the advice of what's been said on here :p And reread the intelligent investor

You need to be your own intelligent investor LRAS. This game eats the unwary alive.