Genesis Navigator vs Market Delta

cleon

Hey guys,

I was looking at these platforms specifically for the footprint charts (net volume at bid vs ask) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Specifically I have the following questions:

1) are they similar in functionality
2) which datafeed are you using
3) do you find the information useful for intraday trading
4) do you prefer one over the other for any specific reason
5) are there other products that offer similar functionality?

Currently I'm fully TradeStation.

Thanks in advance!

MarketDelta

Cleon,
Comparing the two platforms when it comes to the Footprint charts is like comparing apples and oranges. MarketDelta is created the Footprint chart and is the authority on it, with very good support and knowledge of the product and how to apply it.

With respect to the functionality between Genesis and MarketDelta Footprint, the MarketDelta one has a ton more flexibility and functionality. The only thing that MarketDelta doesn't have is a trading DOM, but most of us get that from our broker anyway.

DTN IQFeed is a good feed for MarketDelta and one I have had good luck with.

MarketDelta offers lots of free learning material on their website, along with videos. Their blog is also good to follow.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

I was looking at these platforms specifically for the footprint charts (net volume at bid vs ask) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Specifically I have the following questions:

1) are they similar in functionality
2) which datafeed are you using
3) do you find the information useful for intraday trading
4) do you prefer one over the other for any specific reason
5) are there other products that offer similar functionality?

Currently I'm fully TradeStation.

Thanks in advance!

Cleon,
Comparing the two platforms when it comes to the Footprint charts is like comparing apples and oranges. MarketDelta is created the Footprint chart and is the authority on it, with very good support and knowledge of the product and how to apply it.

With respect to the functionality between Genesis and MarketDelta Footprint, the MarketDelta one has a ton more flexibility and functionality. The only thing that MarketDelta doesn't have is a trading DOM, but most of us get that from our broker anyway.

DTN IQFeed is a good feed for MarketDelta and one I have had good luck with.

MarketDelta offers lots of free learning material on their website, along with videos. Their blog is also good to follow.

Cheers!

Thanks TradingAnimal. I was worried I wasn't going to get any input here! I think MD is actually licensing the Footprint to several vendors so it's essentially the same chart, but like you said, with far less functionality in the licensed product. I wish they'd license it to TS! Hate switching all my systems around.

Anyway, thank you very much for the input. Do you mind if I ask which broker you prefer with this setup?