Where Do You Think Cable Will Be At The End Of 2009

• Between 1.00 - 1.50

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Between 1.50 - 2.00

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Above 2.00

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
PS. When does the market re-open, I thought it was only closed Sundays?

i do think i will get back to 2.000+ but it will be a slow process, im not a long term trader i just take what the market gives me.

PS. When does the market re-open, I thought it was only closed Sundays?
most brokers open on sunday's at 5pm est and close friday at 5pm est, but the market are open thru the weekend but you don't want to trade during those times

OK, nice one Moe, will re-evaluate Monday night (UK time), and will check out your thread.

Meantime I've got a couple of positions in UK banking sector which require some immediate attention.

I also only tend to hold positions for only a couple of days, but if I can get into GBP / USD right then I intend to let it run.

Cheers, Jon

OK, nice one Moe, will re-evaluate Monday night (UK time), and will check out your thread.

Meantime I've got a couple of positions in UK banking sector which require some immediate attention.

I also only tend to hold positions for only a couple of days, but if I can get into GBP / USD right then I intend to let it run.

Cheers, Jon
(y)

What's your take on this morning's (GMT) break of the trend line? I notice that it dropped two cents between 10am and 10.30, the exact time of the speech of the governor of the Bank of England. More doom & gloom for the British economy and a worse forecast for GDP shrinkage and projected recovery.

At time of writing £/$ price has not recovered from it's tumble. Has the landscape changed or is it just a blip?

should be at 1.5800 either today wensday or thursday, today at 5pm est we or looking to go long again.

GBPUSD is testing the resistance of the upper border of the price channel on daily chart, a clear break above the channel resistance will signal a sharp move towards 1.6000-1.6500 area. Near term support is at 1.5060 followed by 1.4940, as long as these levels hold, we'd expect the uptrend from 1.4397 to continue.

For long term analysis, GBPUSD is in consolidation of the long term downtrend from 2.1161 (2007 high). Rebound to 1.6500-1.7000 area to reach the next cycle top on weekly chart is expected

GBPUSD Analysis.
After breaking above 1.5352 resistance, GBPUSD moves sharply to as high as 1.5792 level. Further rally is still in favor and the next target is at 1.6000 and then 1.6200. Initial support is at 1.5700 followed by 1.5600, as long as 1.5600 support holds, we’d expect the short term uptrend from 1.5059 to continue.

GBPUSD pulls back from 1.6085 level, suggesting that a short term cycle top is being formed. Further pullback to test 1.5777 key support is possible later today. A break below this level will confirm the cycle top and indicate that the uptrend from 1.5059 has completed at 1.6085 already. Then deeper decline could be seen to 1.5500 zone.

im short at 1.5950, 1.5933, 1.6050, t/p 1.5663, s/l 1.5200 i been waiting for a drop all week.