Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

An early Short 16314.4 closed 16303.3. Short 16297.7 closed 16280.8 . Done for the day. Good Luck everyone

It just bounced right off daily pivot. we will have to wait for the direction i guess. unless a clear break happens I'm sitting this one out.

Sorry guys, but need to ask what you mean by "trading in the middle"?

Also, thanks to whoever posted ETX Capital details yesterday, they do give you free cash, and the platform is actually quite good.

Hi Claudia.
Is there point opening trade if there is a break between 8 and 10? What is your cut off time?

Also, thanks to whoever posted ETX Capital details yesterday, they do give you free cash, and the platform is actually quite good.

Hi Wil68

For me trading in the middle in this instance is just trading between the range that we are trading? I like to see it break the level before taking a trade, just my own preference really.

Yes etx are great i too use them

CJ

Breakout is open/close of 1am-6am. The current 7am bar is in the middle of this range and didn't breakout. So no trading in the middle. Also it is closer to the daily pivot. It touched the daily pivot and bounced right off. Breaking daily pivot could be clear indication of the direction of the trend.

It does what it say on the tin. Read the thread from the beginning and you will get all the info.

It doesn't seem to me to be doing what it says on the tin :LOL:
Poster's have opened short positions, but there has not been any break-out.
Anybody joining this thread is bound to be confused.

I understand about the range thing, but surely no-one on this thread will be trading anything except a break of the range?

Sorry GumRai (and others....), I have caused this confusion. I trade the breakout slightly differently to most following the tread, and to Claudia. I should maybe stop posting my results and just watch.

GumRai
Hasn't broken out of the range as yet so no trade.
If you have a system should follow the rulls, or it's not system.

claudia, i got the short break as 1.6268. I will go short if it breaks that. May I know what have you got?

wow...my 200th post!! :D

Sorry GumRai (and others....), I have caused this confusion. I trade the breakout slightly differently to most following the tread, and to Claudia. I should maybe stop posting my results and just watch.

Sorry you could also add my name to this. To be clear I did trade inter-range today therefore off topic. Apologies

Yes, my trade was a break of the range since about 330am, so not strictly Claudia's rules. Off the exact method but same principles.

I just implied that someone asking what the system is on page 66 hasn't read the thread and just saw a popular thread and wants the holy grail now. It would be more benificial to read the whole thread and see the questions already asked rather than just repeating the same things every 30 pages or so.

I see no reason why shouldn't all continue to post guys. It's interesting to see where others enter the market and why. we all continue to learn thats for sure. Regarding my own strategy maybe I should edit page 1 of the thread and detail it so any one asks can send them there. Any thoughts?

Claudia, I'd be interested to know how you would have taken a long trade this morning, if price had gone in correct direction. Would you basically have watched the price rise a few pips from 7am open price, and then entered?

I have your buy level at around 1.6310, so obviously it is clear now, but a bit harder for me to see how you would enter at just after 7am.

I think this is how Claudia would have her trades set today, and also my trade marked

Attachments

• cable 11-12.jpg
    cable 11-12.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 261
Claudia, I'd be interested to know how you would have taken a long trade this morning, if price had gone in correct direction. Would you basically have watched the price rise a few pips from 7am open price, and then entered?

I have your buy level at around 1.6310, so obviously it is clear now, but a bit harder for me to see how you would enter at just after 7am.

Bit confused here wil68 I have the 6 am high at 16334.