GBP for a long term

investor2

I need your help.
I have around $50,000 savings, worked very hard to get to this amount of money, and I'd like to invest them, in something that could provide good profit in the future.

The GBP was not a long time ago more than 2 USDs.
Do you think that could happen again in the future? (good chances)

If so, better exchange the $50k to GBP now, wait until it's back to level of 2 USDs and then buy the USD back.

That way $50k turns into £35k that turns into $70k - nice profit, no?

Is it good thing to do or better stay away??

i wouldnt take anybodys advice on an internet forum... especially if this $50K is your life savings...

Nobody walking this planet knows what is going to happen to sterling either long term or short although they will tell you different...

Personally I am going for OIL as a longer term bet - but dont take my advice as I am often wrong...

Unless you enjoy the thrill of risk taking or know what you are doing, I would simply put the money in a guaranteed savings account. The current investing/trading arena is fraught with risk - look how many people lost 90% of their savings in a few short months last year.

$50k is not play money, just be thankful that you have some calpital and put it by for the troubles ahead!

Unless you enjoy the thrill of risk taking or know what you are doing, I would simply put the money in a guaranteed savings account. The current investing/trading arena is fraught with risk - look how many people lost 90% of their savings in a few short months last year.

$50k is not play money, just be thankful that you have some calpital and put it by for the troubles ahead!

Excellent advice.