GBP/EUR and rate cuts

montmorencyt2w

So with 1.5 off the UK rate, and 0.5 off the ECB, what effect, if any, should this have on GBP/EUR?

While I am not really one for fundamentals, or prediction, logic would seem to suggest that the pound will lose out against the euro, and head south again. However, the outlook is not particularly bright in Euroland either, so is it worth even doing any more than standing back and waiting?

Thanks,

Sorry this didn't generate much interest, but the EUR/GBP has certainly been interesting today....currently 0.8402 as I write, and doesn't look like stopping. (opened at .8132).

What's got into it? I can only assume that Brown and co. have gone and dropped another clanger.

Although it means I've taken a loss today, I can only stand back in amazement and some admiration. My expected reversal reversed again, and didn't stop. If I had only held on to my earlier buy I would have made a killing. As it was, I couldn't watch it at the time, and settled for a small limit of a reasonable profit, based on similar patterns for previous days, then later sold when it looked to be heading down, as it's done most days recently.

Hey ho, another learning experience.