FXCM Spreads

donjovi

Mornin' All
Was anyone trading the GBP/CHF on Friday evening? I had a trade that should have triggered when you look at the Bid but when I switched to the Ask, price was 70 pips away! As far as I can make out, prices for the CHF have now stabilised. I can understand larger spreads on Sunday evening as the market opens but 70 pips! And What happened on Friday evening to create a 70 pip spread?
Not Amused: confused:

What I was hoping for kalott was for traders on other platforms taking a look at their spreads so that they could be compared. I'm still not 100% about FXCM. :)

What I was hoping for kalott was for traders on other platforms taking a look at their spreads so that they could be compared. I'm still not 100% about FXCM. :)

I just checked my CMC platform for Friday evening. Spread was a steady 7 pips for GBPCHF.

I can't see signs of any weird spikes on my FXCM-MT4 platform for Friday evening.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

In terms of FXCM generally post-SNB I have noticed that big spikes on various pairs tend to occur more often than previously. That aside, I have not had problems using them the last few weeks.

Many Thanks for that options-George, could you please tell me what the lowest ask price was for last Friday evening? It was 1.4399 on my FXCM platform. Cheers :)

Many Thanks for that options-George, could you please tell me what the lowest ask price was for last Friday evening? It was 1.4399 on my FXCM platform. Cheers :)

The low was around 5.30pm GMT, right?
At that point the price on CMC was 1.4452 bid, 1.4459 offered.

"Liquidity may also be impacted around trade rollover (5PM EST) as many of our multiple liquidity providers momentarily come offline to settle the day’s transactions which may also result in wider spreads around that time due to a lack of liquidity. In illiquid markets, traders may find it difficult to enter or exit positions at their requested price, experience delays in execution, and receive a price at execution that is a significant number of pips away from your requested rate."

http://www.fxcm.com/legal/trading-execution-risks/