FXCM down?

kalparker

Hey did anyone notice that FXCM service crapped out the last ten minutes of trading today? This isn't reliable service, and especially in a fast moving environment. I wanted to close some positions, and spent the rest of the time on hold till the market closed, I would get transferred from one to another. I think I'll start looking for another broker. I hate carrying positions over the weekend.

Hey did anyone notice that FXCM service crapped out the last ten minutes of trading today? This isn't reliable service, and especially in a fast moving environment. I wanted to close some positions, and spent the rest of the time on hold till the market closed, I would get transferred from one to another. I think I'll start looking for another broker. I hate carrying positions over the weekend.

Same thing happened to me a little earlier than that.

Yeah site is down, so is trading this getting annoying. They will say were sorry, and that there backup would take to long to get running so tough luck.

CME mini forex futures

Keep an eye on the Mini CME forex futures - when they have enough volume dump FXCM and trade them instead

I agree with Neil. I attended a webinar week sponsored by the CME Group, featuring numerous prestigious traders. They introduced the new FX micro futures and although early phase, they already have an amazing volume inflow. I will keep my Metatrader and Tradestation accounts for charting, but John Carter from TradetheMarkets said it best in his webinar : remember Refco going bankrupt ? All forex account holders never got their money back, all futures account holders setup their new accounts a few days later, as the CME takes full counterparty risk. Nobody seems to notice that an ENTIRELY new perspective has opened up for FX traders. This is unique ! I cannot give recommendations for brokers, but I have found a few that met my criteria.