Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Is it possible to set up one time period with all your indicators and then link it to other time periods?

In regards to a previous suggestion, I think it would be cool to have some way to generate a page like this with the report tool:
$2,000,000 Goal System | Myfxbook

As a follow up suggestion, I would think it wise for a broker to offer a way to generate a website link like the one above with the performance (if the person wants to do it) as a way to spread verified trading results.

Hi iamnev,

Yes, can you delete and reinstall the platform entirely? The step-by-step instructions with visuals are at: FXCM Trading Station II FAQ

To uninstall the Trading Station II:

1. From your computer desktop, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. For Windows XP users, click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. From the “Control Panel” window, click on “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Navigate to FXCM Trading Station and click “Change/Remove”. A dialog box will appear to confirm that you would like to uninstall the Trading Station platform. Click “Yes”.
4. You can close the “Add or Remove Programs” window once complete.
5: Now that we have uninstalled the platform, we need to remove any lingering settings. To do this, we will remove what are called Registry values. To do this, click on Start and then on Run. Once you’ve clicked on Run, type: regedit

iydkdu.png

6. Next, we will navigate to the Candleworks folder and remove it. To do so, click on the small + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then Software. Select the Candleworks folder and press the Delete key.

syb9xt.png

7. The final step is to remove the Candleworks folder that is located under My Computer. Click on My Computer and then on your Hard Drive (Typically C: ). Next, click on Program Files and then locate the Candleworks folder and remove it.

29tt1u.png

To install the Trading Station II:

1. Visit one of the following links to download the latest Trading Station II software: FXCM UK | FXCM US | FXCM Australia.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Jason

Thank you Jason,
I have done all of the above twice and nothing changed with regards to the problem I was having with Chart Elements.
However, I have uninstalled my MyFxBook up-loader and the problem has gone. I'll wait and see if they add an update now that you have updated your software as there is from my experience a clash between there software and yours.
Though I am glad yours works now.
Thanks again for the detailed instructions.

:clap:

I think it would be a good idea (if it's not already like that) to allow people to hide indicators momentarily.

Thank you Jason,
I have done all of the above twice and nothing changed with regards to the problem I was having with Chart Elements.
However, I have uninstalled my MyFxBook up-loader and the problem has gone. I'll wait and see if they add an update now that you have updated your software as there is from my experience a clash between there software and yours.

Glad to hear iamnev. Keep me posted if you hear a solution to get fxbook working.

thanks,

- Jason

Jason,

Any chance FXCM will be adding volume bars (pref at the bottom of the chart) to marketscope anytime in the near future? At the moment spreadco seem to be the only sb company to do this.

Yes, we have tick volume available now. Just right click inside the chart and select, "Show Tick Volume".

p28w5.jpg

Let me know if you have more questions.

- Jason

I think it would be a good idea (if it's not already like that) to allow people to hide indicators momentarily.

I can see that. So you'd want to be able to right click and select, "Hide Indicators" ?

Let me know if that's what you were thinking.

Thanks,

- Jason

In regards to a previous suggestion, I think it would be cool to have some way to generate a page like this with the report tool:
$2,000,000 Goal System | Myfxbook

As a follow up suggestion, I would think it wise for a broker to offer a way to generate a website link like the one above with the performance (if the person wants to do it) as a way to spread verified trading results.

Love the idea and wish I came up with it myself. :D

I don't think, for legal reasons, that we can make a public web page of your reports but I know that we can make the reporting more robust. I'm going to pass this along as a high priority client request and I will let you know when it will be added to the Trading Station. I'm hoping for Spring 2012.

Good luck trading,

- Jason

Thank you Jason,

Having thought I had sorted the problem out it would appear that the problem has reared its uglyhead again. Has anyone else had problems ? It's when I add an indicator to my chart, then amend it using either the 'chart elemnts' tab or right click on the indicator and click 'change indicator' . The application shuts down as soon as I click anything after that other than cancel. :mad:

Having thought I had sorted the problem out it would appear that the problem has reared its uglyhead again. Has anyone else had problems ? It's when I add an indicator to my chart, then amend it using either the 'chart elemnts' tab or right click on the indicator and click 'change indicator' . The application shuts down as soon as I click anything after that other than cancel. :mad:

Hi iamnev,

Sorry to hear that. Is the indicator a custom indicator? If so, can you try to build it again and see if the Trading Station stays connected.

If the indicator is not a custom indicator, then can you email [email protected] and me at [email protected] with the crash report and a short description of the issue? The Tech Support team will troubleshoot as soon as possible and get back to you.

Thanks and keep me posted on what the fix is.

- Jason

New Extended Forex Trading Hours: Starting this Friday December 9th, FXCM will close trading at approximately 5pm ET (22:00 GMT) giving you an additional hour to place trades and/or manage your risk. Please note that spreads may be wider between 4PM ET and 5PM ET because there are fewer liquidity providers offering prices during that time. Trading will continue to open on Sundays between 5PM and 5:15pm ET.

FXCM Has Upgraded Our MetaTrader 4 Offering

FXCM is excited to announce our new and improved MetaTrader 4 with upgraded trading functionality and seamless integration with our No Dealing Desk forex execution. Existing MT4 users will be receiving notification about their account transfer to the new MT4 setup, and the new setup can be downloaded from FXCM's website.

Previously when you placed an order, it passed through third-party software before it is sent to FXCM for execution. We have updated the integration between the MetaTrader 4 platform and our No Dealing Desk forex execution that eliminates the need for the 3rd party bridge.

FXCM's new MT4 delivers a faster, improved MetaTrader 4 trading experience. Additionally, you’ll have access to the following new features:

• - No more Auto-Syncs
  • - Faster execution
  • - Close all or part of an open position
  • - Control slippage with Max Deviation
  • - Add stop loss (SL) and take profit orders (TP) while placing a trade
  • - Over a dozen exotic currency pairs added

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

Hi Jason, I just wanted to say thanks. Reading through this thread has been a wonderful education. Your bright perseverance in the face of persecution is quite admirable.

As a complete newb, I appreciate the policies at FXCM. It seems like a less cruel world when blanketed by the protections you have in place. I like it. Maybe someday I will outgrow FXCM, but it seems a safe haven in the marketplace for now.

If you're using the Trading Station Mobile platform on your iPhone, Blackberry, Android, or Windows Mobile device, make sure you have the most recent version. An update went through a few weeks ago adding candlestick charts, additional timeframes, and indicators.

mobilecharts12132011.jpg

Re: FXCM Has Upgraded Our MetaTrader 4 Offering

FXCM is excited to announce our new and improved MetaTrader 4 with upgraded trading functionality and seamless integration with our No Dealing Desk forex execution. Existing MT4 users will be receiving notification about their account transfer to the new MT4 setup, and the new setup can be downloaded from FXCM's website.

Previously when you placed an order, it passed through third-party software before it is sent to FXCM for execution. We have updated the integration between the MetaTrader 4 platform and our No Dealing Desk forex execution that eliminates the need for the 3rd party bridge.

FXCM's new MT4 delivers a faster, improved MetaTrader 4 trading experience. Additionally, you’ll have access to the following new features:

• - No more Auto-Syncs
  • - Faster execution
  • - Close all or part of an open position
  • - Control slippage with Max Deviation
  • - Add stop loss (SL) and take profit orders (TP) while placing a trade
  • - Over a dozen exotic currency pairs added

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

I'm afraid the game is up with Metatrader. Now we can see exactly what goes on behind the scenes in this corrupt industry.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/141158-how-easy-broker-stop-hunt.html

I'm afraid the game is up with Metatrader. Now we can see exactly what goes on behind the scenes in this corrupt industry.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/141158-how-easy-broker-stop-hunt.html

This is one of the dangers of trading through a dealing desk due to the conflict of interest between the broker and trader. We covered this in detail back in January with a video showing how a dealing desk broker can use re-quotes to the traders detriment just as it's shown in the MT4 videos:

The problem isn't the platform but rather the execution method the broker is using: Dealing Desk (market maker) vs. NDD (STP) . Brokers can send re-quotes through other platforms, just take a look at some of the threads in the spreadbet section to see what traders have encountered. When you trade through a dealing desk, your loss can result in a profit for the broker, and your profit can result in loss for the broker. FXCM's NDD forex execution eliminates this conflict of interest by offsetting every trade one for one with one of multiple liquidity providers. The pricing displayed on the platform is comprised of the best bid/ask price coming from 10+ liquidity providers and a pip mark-up is added onto the spread as FXCM's compensation.

And for comparison, NDD forex execution:

Last edited:
FXCM Holiday Hours

A special reminder that FXCM will have special holiday hours this weekend and next for both trading and customer support. Here's a list of the holiday hours (all times are Eastern New York time; +5 for GMT):

fxcmholidayhours2011en.gif

I will be away from the forums through January 3rd so this will likely be my last post until then. If you need immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to contact FXCM customer support by phone, chat, or email, and I will reply to any unanswered questions once I get back. Thanks to everyone for visiting the thread in 2011, and I look forward to being back in 2012.

Happy Holidays!

Jason

This is one of the dangers of trading through a dealing desk due to the conflict of interest between the broker and trader. We covered this in detail back in January with a video showing how a dealing desk broker can use re-quotes to the traders detriment just as it's shown in the MT4 videos:

The problem isn't the platform but rather the execution method the broker is using: Dealing Desk (market maker) vs. NDD (STP) . Brokers can send re-quotes through other platforms, just take a look at some of the threads in the spreadbet section to see what traders have encountered. When you trade through a dealing desk, your loss can result in a profit for the broker, and your profit can result in loss for the broker. FXCM's NDD forex execution eliminates this conflict of interest by offsetting every trade one for one with one of multiple liquidity providers. The pricing displayed on the platform is comprised of the best bid/ask price coming from 10+ liquidity providers and a pip mark-up is added onto the spread as FXCM's compensation.

And for comparison, NDD forex execution:

and of course you guys are innocent of this and never trade against us do you