Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Re: Forex Trading Seminar with Richard Farleigh

For those of you in the UK, FXCM and H20 Markets is sponsoring a free forex seminar on Monday June 6th with Richard Farleigh as the guest speaker. Richard Farleigh is a former professional hedge fund manager, author of the critically acclaimed book '100 Secret Strategies for Investing' and star of BBC's hit show Dragon's Den. Richard will be explaining how he was able to consistently trade the financial markets and will be providing a full explanation of the sophisticated trading techniques contained in his critically book "Taming the Lion". The seminar is being held Monday June 6th from 8:30am - 11:30am at The Grange Hotel in London. You can register here http://www.fxcm.co.uk/richard.jsp, and we look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

-Jason

Jason,

Any chance you can comment on this thread concerning FXCM CFDs,

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/con...-conflict-interest-fxcm-cfds.html#post1579778

many thanks,

"the addition of micro lots (0.01) to all new MetaTrader 4 accounts"

Is it just forex or the full range of markets (index)?

Hi kalott,

The microlot 1k amount specifically refers to forex trading.

For the CFD's, many of the products are already traded in amounts as low as 1. The comparison between a CFD minimum trading size of 1 and a forex micro lot of 1k (or 0.01 on MT4) is really comparing apples and oranges.

Here's a list of the minimum trade sizes for CFD's:

mintradesize61020111149.png

Full CFD product details found here: http://www.fxcm.co.uk/cfd-product-details.jsp#stockIndicesDetails

-Jason

MT4 Update: Silver is now available for trading on all MT4 accounts with FXCM UK. Look for the symbol XAG/USD in the Market Watch window. If you don't see the symbol, right click anywhere over the Market Watch window and select "Show All".

Update on holiday trading hours and rollover:

There is 5X rollover today (June 29) for CAD and HKD pairs and 4X rollover for all other pairs due to bank holidays. This Friday (July 1) there is no rollover for any currency pairs. Please keep this in mind if holding any trades open at 5:00pm ET.

There will be no changes for forex trading hours due to the July 4 holiday in the US, but there will be modifications for some of the CFD trading hours on Monday July 4th. Below is a list and all times are in GMT.

holidayhours62920112374.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

FXCM Forex Trading Expo

FXCM Currency Trading Expo in Las Vegas: September 9-11, 2011

FXCM will be hosting another currency trading expo in Las Vegas at the Rio on September 9-11, 2011. The expo will take place on the weekend this year, so hopefully gives everyone a better opportunity to make it. Here's the registration page http://www.fxcmexpo.com/e-mail-signup/. We look forward to seeing you there, and let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

The Vegas expo schedule for Sept 9-11, 2011 has been released. A list of beginner and advanced sessions can be found attached to this post.

Attachments

• FXCM Forex Trading Expo_Beginner.Advanced Sessions.png
    FXCM Forex Trading Expo_Beginner.Advanced Sessions.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 3,332
If you're long the CHF, beware of rollover charges increasing (especially on EUR/CHF) as a result of the Swiss National Banks cut to short term interest rates last week. Overnight rates for the CHF have fallen to record lows which is part of the SNB's attempt to make it less attractive to buy the CHF. The result being that it is more expensive to hold long positions in the Swiss Franc.

Below is a screenshot from Bloomberg of overnight rates in the franc, and the full article from DailyFX can be found here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ailyfx-signals-strategies-40.html#post1642292

Swiss_Franc_Soars_Rollover_body_Picture_5.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

Update on holiday trading hours and rollover:

There is 4X rollover today (August 31) for all currency pairs (except TRY pairs) due to a US bank holiday on Monday, September 5th. This Friday (September 2) there is no rollover for any currency pairs. Please keep this in mind if holding any trades open at 5:00pm ET.

There will be no changes for forex trading hours due to the September 5th holiday in the US, but there will be modifications for some of the CFD trading hours on Monday September 5th. Below is a list and all times are in GMT.

CFD Trading Hours for Monday September 5th

rtf91c.png

I have 3 demo platforms open at the moment and on E/G the spread currently is

FXCM 3.9
SLM 1.8
Hotforex 1.5

Just wondering which one to invest my money in.

I have 3 demo platforms open at the moment and on E/G the spread currently is FXCM 3.9, SLM 1.8, Hotforex 1.5

Just wondering which one to invest my money in.

Hi stiltskin,

There’s a lot to consider when choosing a broker - safety of funds, regulation, execution model, ease of use, spreads, and customer service are some of the important topics to consider.

First off, you have to be comfortable enough with a company's financial position and transparency to deposit money and open an account.

With FXCM, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: FXCM) so you can easily see our financials and operating metrics. For example, as of June 30, 2011, FXCM Inc. had over $200 million in cash and no debt. Along with being publicly traded and having transparency over our financial performance, FXCM has a local presence in the UK and is FSA (Financial Services Authority) regulated.

With execution, our No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution model allows you to trade forex with no requotes, no dealer intervention, and no order restrictions on how close you can place stop/limit/entry orders to the current market price. We pass along these benefits because we execute each order back to back with one of our price providers, we don’t take a market position and we make about 1 pip on every order placed regardless of trade profitability. Our spreads are based on the best buy and sell price received from our price providers (plus our markup).

However, Dealing desk brokers may take the opposite side of your trades and may make more money if you close trades with a loss. You don’t have to worry about this potential conflict of interest at FXCM.

For ease of use, the FXCM Trading Station ranked “Best Retail Forex Platform” in 2009 and 2010 by FX Week with 1 click trading, trading from charts, and easy to use charting. Some of our other benefits include mobile trading, DailyFX+ trading signals, dedicated education department, and much more.

For service, we provide true, 24 hour support by chat, phone and by e-mail. I know this is a lot of information but I hope this helps you with your decision!

If you have questions, you can feel free to email me at [email protected].

Cheers,

- Jason

Re: stops not working

Jason, as mentioned a couple of months back I opened a micro account with $500 for my eldest lad to trade with over the holidays, he started this week, had a couple of issues yesterday with his stops so I double checked the trading settings myself; he had the stops set at 20 under his settings, no trailing stop and GTC. Now on his last 4 losing trades the stops were breached and I had to manually close for him at 44, 43, 27, 26...and he had others breached up to 26 and 27...so basically through no fault of his, and it's not mine he's been robbed of 60+ pips or approx 5% of his account today.

Now if the micro is just a bit of a joke to let folk play in sandpit then you should make folk aware, but exercising good MM on short term TFs is absolutely crucial aspect of a newbies learning, put it this way the 'ickle account would be level if it wasn't for fxcm's failings over the past week...he's used IG in the past and the stops were spot on no debate, no issue

I honestly don't see how he can use the platform again, I wouldn't trust it ...shame on you you've killed his career before it's started...;) What can you do bud...anything?

You need to just harden up.

Re: stops not working

You need to just harden up.

Wow, that's some weird fookin stalking you've done there mate, good luck with that.:eek:
Actually the little fella still trades the account off and on..he's a lot harder than you too Boylesy..

This weekend we're holding the FXCM Currency Trading Expo in Las Vegas. Even if you weren't able to make the trip, you can still watch the expo online. We are streaming select workshops live plus Q&A with the analysts throughout the day. Here's where to find it FXCM Expo Streaming Live

-Jason

Jason, I am running MT4 in demo mode with FXCM. I have seen other's charts that have in the top left corner, "GBP@FXCM AD-FXD Adv Ch". Is this some sort of advanced charting that is only available in the live environment? Can you please advise what this is? Thanks

Jason, I am running MT4 in demo mode with FXCM. I have seen other's charts that have in the top left corner, "GBP@FXCM AD-FXD Adv Ch". Is this some sort of advanced charting that is only available in the live environment? Can you please advise what this is? Thanks

Hi Flipper26,

Can you give me a screenshot?

thanks!

- Jason

Introducing FXCM’s New Online Web Platform

I’m excited to announce the launch of FXCM’s new online web platform called Trading Station Web. Login Now

The Trading Station Web platform is available at https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com/

You now have access to the Trading Station in three formats – on your web browser, desktop software and mobile devices.

We’ve added a link to access the web platform from our FXCM US and FXCM UK homepages:
15zkz9f.jpg

For our UK traders near London, FXCM is hosting live, free seminars every second Wednesday at 6 PM in our London Office. In these seminars, our in-house Analysts and Traders will show you how to combine technical with fundamental analysis, how to place trades via the platform and how to formulate your own trading strategy. You can view the schedule and register at Spread Betting Daily Webinars, Financial Spread Betting Tips | FXCM. We look forward to seeing you there!

If you have feedback or questions, then let me know!

- Jason