Best Thread FXCM Discussion

hi Jason, i've just moved across to the MT4 App**
each time i try to trade i get the message "trade disabled ". i've tried different instrument and different sizes but all with the same result,

any ideas ?

Thanks

** just to be clear i mean on iphone

Last edited:
Hi OLdNoob,

My first thought is that you should check whether your chart is zoomed out enough to display the moving average line, because if the moving average line is too far above or below the current chart price, then the line will not appear on your chart display.

My second thought is that you should try scrolling to the left to allow enough historical price data to load in order for the 100+ period moving average line to perform calculations. Below is a screenshot of the daily USD/JPY chart showing a 200-day moving average line on my Trading Station Mobile app.

If those checks don't resolve the issue for you, then please contact our live customer support team which is available to help you 24 hours a day.

Thanks Jason,

Scrolling to the left resolved the problem, the ma was displaying but was in the wrong place.

Oddly enough, it is correct today. I use Trading Station Desktop as well. Last week it was incorrect all week and I turned my system off each day. I expected it to correct upon re-starting. But today(Monday) I fired up the platform and checked it - it's correct now.

Hi WD,

I'm glad to know your charting issue is now resolved.

My assumption is that it may have been caught/corrected during weekend maintenance.

Another possibility is that the M1 chart loaded incorrectly on your platform (much like a website may load incorrectly on your browser on occasion) and the Quote History for this time frame did not correct itself until the data on your computer refreshed.

Refreshing your Quote History is often the easiest solution for any chart issue on Trading Station Desktop:

1. Open Marketscope 2.0
  2. Go to File -> Quotes Manager -> Remove Quotes
  3. Select the quotes (the chart pair that is having issues) -> Press Remove
  4. Then, close the chart and re-open it.

All's well. Thanks.

Thanks for the update! (y)

Last edited:
hi Jason, i've just moved across to the MT4 App**
each time i try to trade i get the message "trade disabled ". i've tried different instrument and different sizes but all with the same result,

any ideas ?

Thanks

** just to be clear i mean on iphone

Hi Glyder,

If you recently switch from a Trading Station account to an MT4 account, you should have a received new login details. Is it possible you're still trying to place trades using the old login?

If not, it will help me to check your new account setup, if you send me a private message referencing the email address we have on file for your account. Alternatively, you can get help with this anytime 24 hours a day from our live customer support team.

PS: If is one of my favorite poems too! :smart:

Another cost the trader could do with out.

Dear Client,

Important information regarding your Index CFD trading

As of 28 November 2016, short positions on Index CFDs will incur a financing charge if the position is held past 21:00 GMT (17:00 EST). Similar to how long position financing currently occurs. Please note that rollover can be avoided if the position is closed before 21:00 GMT (17:00 EST).

Let's look at an example of how short financing occurs.

At 8:00 GMT, John opens a short position on the UK100 for 1 contract.
+

AT PRESENT
He holds the position past 21:00 GMT. The rollover charge is 0, since there are no dividends issued for the UK100 that day.
+

AFTER 28 NOVEMBER 2016

He holds the position past 21:00 GMT. He pays the financing charge, just like with a long position, even though there are no dividends issued for the UK100 that day.

WORKING OUT THE FINANCING CHARGE (Rollover) Learn More
Closing Price of the Index * [(the relevant 3-month LIBOR rate/100) +- FXCM’s Markup/Number of Days] +- Dividends * Trade Size

CFD Financing Cost Example

Because the Ger30 is a European Index, the 3-month LIBOR Rate for the EUR is used (-0.304%) to calculate interest. Since LIBOR is expressed in a percentage, this -0.304% needs to be divided by 100 before it can be used in our formula. Then, FXCM’s markup is applied to LIBOR, which is now 2% for short positions. (-0.304%/100 - 0.02).

Now, divide this amount by 360. This gives us the appropriate interest rate for 1 day of holding the position. Then, multiply this amount by the closing price of the Ger30 for the previous day: 10,621.35 * [(-0.304%/100) - 0.02] / 360.

For the Ger30, the dividends are reinvested back into the index. Because of this, the Ger30’s dividends do not affect its short rollover amount. We do, however, always need to take into account the trade size. Since the Ger30 is a fraction of the full DAX Index Future, the final amount needs to be multiplied by 0.1. [10,621.35 * [(-0.304%/100) -0.02] / 360] *0.1 = -0.059 Rollover per 1 Ger30 contract.

Will give FXCM this one.

Only one phoned me to discuss my account before US election.
And FXCM is the smallest account compared to the rest.

Not a word from IG, Saxo (don't think they have phones anyway) or FP

Will give FXCM this one.

Only one phoned me to discuss my account before US election.
And FXCM is the smallest account compared to the rest.

Thanks for the feedback, Oscar! My colleagues will be pleased to know you appreciated the follow up. :smart:

GBP Margin Requirements - US Brokers - Nov. 7

Attention All US Traders

This message is for US clients ONLY: NFA is temporarily increasing margin requirements on GBP pairs to 5% effective 5:00PM EST on Monday, November 7.

Attention All US Traders

This message is for US clients ONLY: NFA is temporarily increasing margin requirements on GBP pairs to 5% effective 5:00PM EST on Monday, November 7.

Hi Everyone,

To provide some additional background on my previous post, this ruling was issued last Friday by the NFA which regulates forex trading in the US. We were notified ourselves only that afternoon which is why I shared this information on the forum as soon as I could.

Below is the full text of the NFA notice:

Notice I-16-25
November 04, 2016

Immediate attention required – Financial Requirements Section 12 – Increase in required minimum security deposit for forex transactions

NFA Financial Requirements Section 12 requires FDMs to collect and maintain a minimum security deposit of 2% of the notional value of transactions in 10 listed major foreign currencies and 5% of the notional value of other transactions. Importantly, Section 12 also permits NFA's Executive Committee to increase these requirements under extraordinary market conditions. Given the recent events involving the U.K. exiting the European Union (Brexit) the Executive Committee has determined to increase the minimum security deposits required to be collected and maintained by FDMs under Section 12 for currency pairs involving the British pound to a minimum of 5%. This increase is effective as of 5 p.m. (CST) on November 7, 2016 and remains in effect until further notice.

FDMs are also reminded that the Executive Committee raised the minimum security deposit required to be collected and maintained under Section 12 for currency pairs involving the Mexican peso to a minimum of 6% in January 2015. Given the recent volatility surrounding the Mexican peso, each FDM must ensure that it continues to adhere to this increased security deposit amount.

If you have any questions on these requirements, please contact Sarah Walsh, Associate Director, Compliance ([email protected] or 312-781-1202) or Shana Dunnigan, Manager, Compliance ([email protected] or 312-781-1379).

Thanks for the feedback, Oscar! My colleagues will be pleased to know you appreciated the follow up. :smart:

Another phone call yesterday around mid day Asia by FXCM.

Just to warn about margin with Europe and US opening.

Crept down to about 50%, but back up to 90% today.

Great service.(y)

Please note there is a holiday in the US on Thursday, November 24th for Thanksgiving. Forex trading hours remain unchanged, and you can see our holiday trading hours for CFD's here: What are the CFD Holiday Hours?

I will be out of the office until Monday, November 28th and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.

For immediate assistance, you can contact our 24-hour live customer support.

To my fellow traders in the US celebrating Thanksgiving, I wish you happy one! :)