Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Hi Jason still having trouble with this, (feel free to chip in "f", you a man of certain knowledge I believe).

Negative Balance Policy – We updated our Negative Balance Policy at clause 30.3 of the main body of the terms. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations provided in the revised terms and the specified wording therein, we will waive the first US $50,000 of any negative balance you may incur from time to time (the total debit being determined by aggregating all of your negative balances across all accounts you hold with the FXCM group incurred over a 24 hour period of time) less any amounts waived by other FXCM group entities relating to the same debit balance. You will be responsible for the remainder of any debit balance not waived. The provisions of the revised clause 30.3 will not apply to any negative balances incurred before the Effective Date.

It just appears a bit "wooly?", the from time to time bit?, are we covered neg equity or not?
Thanks

It just appears a bit "wooly?", the from time to time bit?, are we covered neg equity or not? Thanks

Hi Shadowman,

The section you mentioned refers to the fact that the Negative Balance Policy covers the first 50k of negative balance you incur in a 24-hour period. If your account went negative by more than 50k in that time frame, then only the first 50k would be covered.

However, if your account went negative on two separate occasions more than 24 hours apart, then the Negative Balance Policy would apply for up to 50k for each of those two instances.

hey Jason

my UCHF , UCAD and UJPY feeds have all stopped updating live on my FXCM UL Live account ............?????

help
N

hey Jason

my UCHF , UCAD and UJPY feeds have all stopped updating live on my FXCM UL Live account ............?????

help
N

Hi Neil,

Please right-click on the Market Watch window on your MT4 platform and select Show All. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please confirm for me whether you're trading on a spread betting account and tell me how many symbols you see displayed in your Market Watch window.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
Hi Shadowman,

The section you mentioned refers to the fact that the Negative Balance Policy covers the first 50k of negative balance you incur in a 24-hour period. If your account went negative by more than 50k in that time frame, then only the first 50k would be covered.

However, if your account went negative on two separate occasions more than 24 hours apart, then the Negative Balance Policy would apply for up to 50k for each of those two instances.

Cheers J,
I think I have it, ive struggled with position sizing after the swissy carry on, still am really,,,,,,,
Cheers again

Euro Set for Rocky Week as Greece Stares into the Abyss

What currency strategist Christopher Vecchio noted on DailyFX.com last Friday, but is absolutely worth reiterating now, is the notion of risk management with respect to the EUR-crosses. It may be deemed best risk management practice for traders to reduce position size and leverage in EUR-crosses for the foreseeable future.

Euro-Set-for-Rocky-Week-as-Greece-Stares-into-the-Abyss_body_Picture_1.png

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

While the potential outcome for Greece is unknown - the absolute magnitude of the fallout around a positive or negative outcome will be enough to have a significant impact on prices over the coming week at a minimum.

What are the Critical Dates for Greece and the Euro?

3B38CuK.png

Data Source: Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal. Prepared by David Rodriguez, Quantitative Strategist for DailyFX.com

What’s the Most Important Date on the Calendar?

In concrete terms, the single most significant deadline on the calendar is likely the European Central Bank bond repayment due on July, 19—assuming that the Greek Government remains solvent up until that point.

Any surprises could force substantial market moves, and traders should limit trading leverage—particularly in EUR pairs—ahead of the key dates. Caution is advised until we see a true breakthrough in negotiations.

Holiday Trading Hours for July

Below are the CFD holiday trading hours for July. Forex trading hours remain unchanged, and you can view the holiday rollover interest schedule here: bit.ly/14Wwoso

Times below are in GMT
mKrY2xM.png

Hi Jason,

I would like to see Tick or Second charts, and partial closing of a ticket, whilst still in one click trading mode - in Trade Station.

By the looks of it, on Daily FX, ticks and second charts have been asked for years back, but never looked at. For now I'll have to use either FXpro cTrader demo, or Oanda's charts.

Equally, why not use cTrader? It supports partially closing a ticket whilst in one click mode, makes life much easier. And natively supports Tick charts.

G

Hi Jason,

I would like to see Tick or Second charts, and partial closing of a ticket, whilst still in one click trading mode - in Trade Station.

By the looks of it, on Daily FX, ticks and second charts have been asked for years back, but never looked at. For now I'll have to use either FXpro cTrader demo, or Oanda's charts.

Equally, why not use cTrader? It supports partially closing a ticket whilst in one click mode, makes life much easier. And natively supports Tick charts.

G

Hi Geofract,

You can partially close trades on the FXCM Trading Station with one click. However, it requires you to have hedging disabled on your account. Please let me know if that interests you and I can show you the steps. Trading Station also offers tick charts.

In regards to cTrader, we are open to offering additional platforms based on client demand, but so far at least, requests for this platform have been limited. However, I have noted your interest and will update you if we decide to offer cTrader in the future.

You can partially close trades on the FXCM Trading Station with one click. However, it requires you to have hedging disabled on your account. Please let me know if that interests you and I can show you the steps. Trading Station also offers tick charts.

Thanks for the reply Jason.

A non hedged account won't work for my needs I'm afraid.

I was aware Trade Station has tick charts, but only as line charts, and the smallest is 50. I am looking for candles/bars.

Never mind.

G

FXCM offers access to the NinjaTrader platform which supports the chart functionality you describe: http://bit.ly/1LWIdmJ

3B38CuK.png

Data Source: Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal. Prepared by David Rodriguez
Liw9-SSw3.jpg
, Quantitative Strategist for DailyFX.com

What’s the Most Important Date on the Calendar?

In concrete terms, the single most significant deadline on the calendar is likely the European Central Bank bond repayment due on July, 19—assuming that the Greek Government remains solvent up until that point.

Any surprises could force substantial market moves, and traders should limit trading leverage—particularly in EUR pairs—ahead of the key dates. Caution is advised until we see a true breakthrough in negotiations.

so you think it will have reaple effects on other currencies other the EURO?

Holiday Trading Hours for September

Below are the CFD holiday trading hours for September. Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Times below are in GMT
QG1pKWh.png

Note that there will be 4 days of rollover interest earned or paid on all currency trades open today at 5pm New York Time (21:00 GMT).

You can view the complete holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/14Wwoso

Update to Trading Station Desktop

The latest version of Trading Station Desktop is now available for download.

We've made 176 performance enhancements to improve order execution and further stabilize the platform, along with many other polishes to functionality to optimize your trading experience. Below are a couple of the new features.

Good-Till-Date Entry Orders

U4o8r0Q.png

Market Behavior Indicators

5hfwpNM.png

Trading Hours for End of Daylight Savings Time

Please note the upcoming changes to CFD trading hours due to the end of daylight savings time in Europe and the United States on 25 October and 1 November respectively. Complete details can be found at the FXCM Platform Update Center.

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift on 1 November from GMT-4 to GMT-5, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting that week, the trading desk will open at 22:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 22:00 GMT on Friday.

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change on the weekend of 1 November from GMT+3 to GMT+2. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+2 that weekend.

Holiday Trading Hours for November

Here's a link to the CFD holiday trading hours for November: http://bit.ly/1MF8d2l

Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Note that there will be 4 days of rollover interest earned or paid on all currency trades open on Tuesday, November 24th at 5pm New York Time (22:00 GMT).

You can view the complete holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/1OTyZK6

Here's a link to the CFD holiday trading hours for November: http://bit.ly/1MF8d2l

Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Note that there will be 4 days of rollover interest earned or paid on all currency trades open on Tuesday, November 24th at 5pm New York Time (22:00 GMT).

You can view the complete holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/1OTyZK6

Hi Everyone,

I will be out of the office for the rest of the week for the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US and will respond to your forum posts when I return next week.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact our 24-hour live customer support team.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged for the Thanksgiving holiday, and the holiday trading hours for CFDs are listed in my previous post.

For everyone celebrating Thanksgiving this week, I wish you a happy one! :)

We've made 176 performance enhancements to improve order execution and further stabilize the platform, along with many other polishes to functionality to optimize your trading experience. Below are a couple of the new features.

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing this information.

Could you clarify the meaning of the Transactions window in Market Behaviour Indicators? What are the units on the y-axis and what is the meaning of 1,038?

Many thanks in advance,
George