Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Jason,

It is not just me:

Huge FXCM M1 Spike - How many stops were taken out on this one. There have been many others like this one over the years.

Whether intentionally spiking the Bid, or intentionally raising the Ask, or any combination of intentional manipulation of price, it really does seem that FXCM has a history of doing this kind of thing that dates back far enough for them to have cut this kind of thing out of their business plan.

This is not the only post of this kind on the internet, Jason. It goes to the heart of the reputation of FXCM, when this kind of things perpetuates itself - seemingly for no "good" reason at all.

Simply calling it a "bad spike" (as you said in the FF thread) is not valid explanation for WHY these kinds of things continue at FXCM. If these price related "anomalies" have a technical orientation, then FXCM has the duty to explain such technical causation to its customers in a way that is true and correctly representative of what actually took place.

- Increasing the spread on purpose
- Spiking the top/bottom of the bar on purpose.
- Freezing the trading platform just before a significant move on purpose.
- Perpetual Negative Slippage on purpose with no historical correction to Positive.

All of these things add up and they point to a singular common thread among the least respected in the retail Forex brokerage business: A business model designed implicitly to be unfair to the retail trader.

It is time for some solid and straight forward answers from FXCM about these matters and how FXCM intends to remove these practices from its current way of doing business. Any response less than that would be completely unacceptable and a clear demonstration of FXCM's unwillingness to shoot straight with the retail trader.

Any response, Jason?

A bad tick occurs when a liquidity provider sends through an erroneous price quote. Our platform is usually successful in catching these errors. Unfortunately, on occasion some bad ticks do get through and trades are impacted not only at FXCM, but also at other forex brokers, and even in other markets. When a bad tick occurs on our platform, there is a Trade Audit Committee to investigate what happened and make the appropriate correction to affected trades.

Jason,
It is not just me

You know, it's funny you should say that. :LOL:

I’m happy to answer questions about FXCM asked by forum members in good faith, but not when someone is being intentionally misleading. In the two weeks since you've joined Trade2Win, you've made 16 posts: all of them about FXCM. It reminds me of TraderNumber7 who made similar posts last year: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-vs-dcfx-spread-challenge-ii.html#post1929394
As a matter of fact, he was promoting the same broker you refer to in your posts: Disiva AKA DC

New trading hours for AUS200

This weekend the clocks in Australia go ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time. That means starting October 6th, the daily trading hours for AUS200 will be from 22:50 to 20:00 GMT with a midday break from 05:30 to 06:10.

Attention to users of Trading Station Desktop

A new version of Trading Station Desktop is now available on our website. Below are some highlights of the new features that have been added:

scu2.png

New Chart Views: Kagi, Renko and Point & Figure
Take a more hands-on approach to your analysis with new chart views. Accessible via Charts > Create View from Trading Station or File > Create View from Marketscope.

Stop and Limit Values in Base Currency
View stop and limit values in your account's currency when creating orders to show approximate impact to your account. (Not available for U.S. accounts.)

Simplified Email Alerts
Configuring your email alerts and notifications is now fast and easy with the Configure Email wizard.

Additional Historical Chart Data
All symbols now have a longer historical dataset.

Improved Summary Window
Now you can sort all data by columns in the Summary window and view rollover on a per-symbol basis.

Logarithmic Scale
Marketscope now supports a logarithmic scale in addition to the existing linear scale.

Login Save Option
Logging in on a public computer? Deselect Save Login to erase your login history.

Drag-and-Drop File Imports
No more browsing for files! Just click and drag strategy, alert and indicator files from your computer into any platform window.

Symbol Subscription from Marketscope
Now you can subscribe to a new symbol or unsubscribe from an existing one directly from the chart.

New Fibonacci Time Zones Customization
Fibonacci Time Zone levels now support decimal precision for increased customization.

New Indicator Customization
You can now customize indicator appearance: Open-to-Open, Middle-to-Middle or Close-to-Close.

New Profile Choices
Two new profiles are included by default to help jump start your personal customization.​

If you have time before this weekend, I suggest taking a few minutes to download the new Trading Station. If you wait until after this weekend, then the next time on you log into the platform you will have to go through the automatic update process before you can begin trading. Either way, you will have the option of retaining your current platform settings (charts, layouts, etc.) when you install the update.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments regarding the new version of Trading Station. I look forward to reading your feedback.

Jason

A bad tick occurs when a liquidity provider sends through an erroneous price quote. Our platform is usually successful in catching these errors. Unfortunately, on occasion some bad ticks do get through and trades are impacted not only at FXCM,...

and...

You know, it's funny you should say that. :LOL:

I’m happy to answer questions about FXCM asked by forum members in good faith, but not when someone is being intentionally misleading.

You know - you should really pay closer attention to the words you use. Good Faith and Intentionally Misleading is the exact same oxymoron that I've experienced coming from FXCM on too regular a basis.

You get asked questions and then defensive merely because those questions expose the corrupt business practices of FXCM. You then turn personal because you cannot and/or refuse to defend the corrupt business practices of FXCM. You then completely avoid a comparative post that clearly demonstrates FXCM's corrupt business practices and you attempt a non-sequitur reply that guarantees such an accusation to be true about FXCM.

In the two weeks since you've joined Trade2Win, you've made 16 posts: all of them about FXCM.

So, now - it is a question of when a member joins a forum, not the facts put on the table by that member? At what point do you recognized that your defensiveness is glaringly obvious? When someone joins the forum is of no consequence. That you failed to answer questions honestly and with any degree of consistent integrity, is the issue - quite clearly.

You have deluded yourself on these forums for years by plastering the exact same lies, deceit and illogical conclusions for which you have become so well known. The issue here was about FXCM's intentional spread widening to epic proportions that don't make any sense relative to the actual Interbank Market.

FXCM claims that it is providing Interbank Pricing. That is a lie. FXCM claims that does not re-quote. That is a lie. FXCM claims that it does not freeze its trading platform before significant moves. That is a lie. FXCM insinuates that any slippage seen on its platform is both Negative and Positive and thus one balances the other over time. That is a HUGE lie.

Yet, you have the audacity, the temerity and the unmitigated gall to assert that someone else lacks good faith and is being intentionally misleading? On what planet, exactly does that ring true? You were given a post from another forum what yet another happy FXCM customer pointed out some of the very same things that I have talked about here and you completely ignored it.

It reminds me of TraderNumber7 who made similar posts last year: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-vs-dcfx-spread-challenge-ii.html#post1929394
As a matter of fact, he was promoting the same broker you refer to in your posts: Disiva AKA DC

So, DCFX is only allowed to have one (1) customer? And, that customer happens to be be me? Is that the kind of response we get from having you peppered with questions about FXCM's perpetual negative slippage, intentional widening of spreads to ridiculous proportions even outside of the swap zone and frozen platforms just before significant moves?

It is no secret that there are only a handful of other trading platforms out there that do not pull the same perpetual stunts that FXCM engages on a regular and routine basis. So, that fact that somebody mentions one of precious few trading platforms in retail forex that does not play the same games you do, should not be all that difficult for you to understand. Most Currenex platforms that I am aware of in retail and especially with institutional accounts, do not have the same perpetual problems that you constantly find on the FXCM trading platforms.

The very fact that you would sit here pretending and avoiding while attacking the messenger at the exact same time, should be evidence enough that you are hiding the guilt behind a veil of very shallow prose that say nothing about why FXCM continues to play these bucket shop games.

Deal with it.

A new version of Trading Station Desktop is now available on our website. Below are some highlights of the new features that have been added:

What good is such a platform when you still get:

• Intentional & Perpetual Negative Slippage
  • Frozen Platform Before/During Large Market Moves
  • Intentional Widening of Spreads to Epic Proportions Outside of Swap Zone
  • Poor Execution & Continuous Adverse Fills
  • Consistent Price Spikes During Low Volatility Periods
  • Consistent Gaps in Market Data that DO NOT Appear on Other Platforms

I'd love to have a real discussion with someone about WHY these problems continue to be a reality at FXCM, but I'm sure I'd be better off waiting for hell to freeze over during its the summer time. :rolleyes:

scu2.png

New Chart Views: Kagi, Renko and Point & Figure
Take a more hands-on approach to your analysis with new chart views. Accessible via Charts > Create View from Trading Station or File > Create View from Marketscope.

Stop and Limit Values in Base Currency
View stop and limit values in your account's currency when creating orders to show approximate impact to your account. (Not available for U.S. accounts.)

Simplified Email Alerts
Configuring your email alerts and notifications is now fast and easy with the Configure Email wizard.

Additional Historical Chart Data
All symbols now have a longer historical dataset.

Improved Summary Window
Now you can sort all data by columns in the Summary window and view rollover on a per-symbol basis.

Logarithmic Scale
Marketscope now supports a logarithmic scale in addition to the existing linear scale.

Login Save Option
Logging in on a public computer? Deselect Save Login to erase your login history.

Drag-and-Drop File Imports
No more browsing for files! Just click and drag strategy, alert and indicator files from your computer into any platform window.

Symbol Subscription from Marketscope
Now you can subscribe to a new symbol or unsubscribe from an existing one directly from the chart.

New Fibonacci Time Zones Customization
Fibonacci Time Zone levels now support decimal precision for increased customization.

New Indicator Customization
You can now customize indicator appearance: Open-to-Open, Middle-to-Middle or Close-to-Close.

New Profile Choices
Two new profiles are included by default to help jump start your personal customization.​

If you have time before this weekend, I suggest taking a few minutes to download the new Trading Station. If you wait until after this weekend, then the next time on you log into the platform you will have to go through the automatic update process before you can begin trading. Either way, you will have the option of retaining your current platform settings (charts, layouts, etc.) when you install the update.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments regarding the new version of Trading Station. I look forward to reading your feedback.

Jason

Hi, Jason. I got a message stating the new install will make the work with my pre-existing one ' impossible ' and recommends I uninstall the old one first etc.

However , what happens to custom indicators and desktops etc ?

I could export templates etc, but will they be compatible when re-installing into new update ?

Cheers, and no rush my side. Have a good weekend.

This was the one I tried to install http://www.fxcm.com/products/trading-station/desktop/custom-indicators/

http://download.fxcorporate.com/FXCM/FXTS2Install.EXE

Is that the one your post refers to mate ?

:D

Hi, Jason. I got a message stating the new install will make the work with my pre-existing one ' impossible ' and recommends I uninstall the old one first etc.

However , what happens to custom indicators and desktops etc ?

I could export templates etc, but will they be compatible when re-installing into new update ?

Cheers, and no rush my side. Have a good weekend.

This was the one I tried to install http://www.fxcm.com/products/trading-station/desktop/custom-indicators/

http://download.fxcorporate.com/FXCM/FXTS2Install.EXE

Is that the one your post refers to mate ?

:D

Hi Spinola,

Yes, the link you have is for the latest version of Trading Station Desktop. Your custom indicators, chart layouts and templates will be compatible with this update.

Jason

and...

You know - you should really pay closer attention to the words you use. Good Faith and Intentionally Misleading is the exact same oxymoron that I've experienced coming from FXCM on too regular a basis.

You get asked questions and then defensive merely because those questions expose the corrupt business practices of FXCM. You then turn personal because you cannot and/or refuse to defend the corrupt business practices of FXCM. You then completely avoid a comparative post that clearly demonstrates FXCM's corrupt business practices and you attempt a non-sequitur reply that guarantees such an accusation to be true about FXCM.

So, now - it is a question of when a member joins a forum, not the facts put on the table by that member? At what point do you recognized that your defensiveness is glaringly obvious? When someone joins the forum is of no consequence. That you failed to answer questions honestly and with any degree of consistent integrity, is the issue - quite clearly.

You have deluded yourself on these forums for years by plastering the exact same lies, deceit and illogical conclusions for which you have become so well known. The issue here was about FXCM's intentional spread widening to epic proportions that don't make any sense relative to the actual Interbank Market.

FXCM claims that it is providing Interbank Pricing. That is a lie. FXCM claims that does not re-quote. That is a lie. FXCM claims that it does not freeze its trading platform before significant moves. That is a lie. FXCM insinuates that any slippage seen on its platform is both Negative and Positive and thus one balances the other over time. That is a HUGE lie.

Yet, you have the audacity, the temerity and the unmitigated gall to assert that someone else lacks good faith and is being intentionally misleading? On what planet, exactly does that ring true? You were given a post from another forum what yet another happy FXCM customer pointed out some of the very same things that I have talked about here and you completely ignored it.

So, DCFX is only allowed to have one (1) customer? And, that customer happens to be be me? Is that the kind of response we get from having you peppered with questions about FXCM's perpetual negative slippage, intentional widening of spreads to ridiculous proportions even outside of the swap zone and frozen platforms just before significant moves?

It is no secret that there are only a handful of other trading platforms out there that do not pull the same perpetual stunts that FXCM engages on a regular and routine basis. So, that fact that somebody mentions one of precious few trading platforms in retail forex that does not play the same games you do, should not be all that difficult for you to understand. Most Currenex platforms that I am aware of in retail and especially with institutional accounts, do not have the same perpetual problems that you constantly find on the FXCM trading platforms.

The very fact that you would sit here pretending and avoiding while attacking the messenger at the exact same time, should be evidence enough that you are hiding the guilt behind a veil of very shallow prose that say nothing about why FXCM continues to play these bucket shop games.

Deal with it.

No Sir, I won't have that. Jason is very well mannered when responding to my questions about fxcm being caught defrauding their clients. He is a little evasive when I ask about them refunding non US clients, but rude, no.

Is Ninja platform available only for US clients?

FXCM has now completed a full rollout of the NinjaTrader platform for our clients worldwide. Additionally, qualified users can sign up to receive a free software license for the platform.

ninjatrader-overview.jpg

You can get NinjaTrader for free by opening an FXCM account with $5000 or more, and then trading at least 500k per month in round turn notional volume. If you already have a single broker NinjaTrader license and simply want to add FXCM, contact us at [email protected] for special instructions.

FXCM has now completed a full rollout of the NinjaTrader platform for our clients worldwide. Additionally, qualified users can sign up to receive a free software license for the platform.

ninjatrader-overview.jpg

You can get NinjaTrader for free by opening an FXCM account with $5000 or more, and then trading at least 500k per month in round turn notional volume. If you already have a single broker NinjaTrader license and simply want to add FXCM, contact us at [email protected] for special instructions.

Does this offer cover SB accounts, and if so what are the conditions?

Yes Vasco, spread betting accounts can also get NinjaTrader for free with a starting balance of £3500, if they meet the 500k per month volume requirement.

Thanks. Is it the lite (Direct) version, and is there a requirement to keep the balance above £3500? Also, can you clarify how the 500k per month volume requirement works out in markets other than FX, or point me to a link, possibly?

Thanks. Is it the lite (Direct) version, and is there a requirement to keep the balance above £3500? Also, can you clarify how the 500k per month volume requirement works out in markets other than FX, or point me to a link, possibly?

Hi Vasco,

You'll get access to the full features of the NinjaTrader platform including Advanced Trade Management, Chart Trader and Automated Strategies with Backtesting.

and is there a requirement to keep the balance above £3500?

Your balance is only checked once, when you open the account. After that FXCM will continue to pay for your software license as long as you meet the monthly volume requirement of 500k.

Also, can you clarify how the 500k per month volume requirement works out in markets other than FX, or point me to a link, possibly?

To meet this requirement with CFDs, you would have to trade the equivalent notional volume. For example, 1 lot of USOil is 100 barrels, so that would count as a 10k trade. On the other hand, 1 lot of XAU/USD is only 1 ounce, so that counts as 1k trade. If you intend to meet the volume requirement by trading CFDs, please let our Operations department know when they issue your account number. They can make a special note to check your CFD volume, since the lot sizes are counted differently from forex.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Jason

Hi Vasco,

You'll get access to the full features of the NinjaTrader platform including Advanced Trade Management, Chart Trader and Automated Strategies with Backtesting.

Your balance is only checked once, when you open the account. After that FXCM will continue to pay for your software license as long as you meet the monthly volume requirement of 500k.

To meet this requirement with CFDs, you would have to trade the equivalent notional volume. For example, 1 lot of USOil is 100 barrels, so that would count as a 10k trade. On the other hand, 1 lot of XAU/USD is only 1 ounce, so that counts as 1k trade. If you intend to meet the volume requirement by trading CFDs, please let our Operations department know when they issue your account number. They can make a special note to check your CFD volume, since the lot sizes are counted differently from forex.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Jason

Thanks. I'm interested mainly in SB, but I assume the working is the same.

No Sir, I won't have that. Jason is very well mannered when responding to my questions about fxcm being caught defrauding their clients. He is a little evasive when I ask about them refunding non US clients, but rude, no.

I would not say that he's been rude, but he certain has been a lot more than merely a little evasive and diverting of subjects that get under the skin of FXCM.

Yours (apparently) is a former complaint of defrauding traders who are not registered with FXCM in the United States. Mine is a long standing complaint about FXCM engaging in Price Manipulation. The evidence for this is not only witnessed on the charts themselves which everyone can see with the naked eye, but it is also baked into their business model which cannot be seen by the naked eye. You won't know about it unless and until you study how retail forex works.

Case in point:

The Rigging of The System

Ask Jason Rogers of FXCM, to explain to you how their Price Engine works. You will find him in his most defensive posture with such a question, because he knows where such questions can lead, if he's not very careful to divert the subject very early on in the conversation. Or, he'll cloud the answer given in a shroud of smoke and mirrors about how FXCM liquidity providers are the source of the price levels you ultimate see on your FXCM trading platform(s).

The fact of the matter is that FXCM is not showing you actual Interbank prices on either the TS-II, MT4 and now NT platforms. Most of these FCM/RFED types use many of the exact same liquidity providers and they are not all chartered banks. These liquidity providers are essentially engineering a type of back-end "arbitrage moment" into a lot of the prices they deliver to FXCM. These "financial institutions" that make up the typical FCM/RFED liquidity pool are also engaging real Interbank transactions simultaneously.

Their algorithms are "searching" for these "arbitraging moments" between the Retail and Institutional sides of the market. Essentially, they've configured their own private back-end ATM machine between both sides of the equation. Therefore, the prices you see on your retail trading platform will very rarely match what's actually taking place simultaneously in the real Interbank market.

The Solution to True Price Transparency

FXCM loves to claim that it offers true Transparent DMA and a "no dealing desk" option. Well, this is far from the truth of the matter as you will soon see.

No dealing desk is supposed to equal true DMA. In other words, if you can enter an order through your FXCM platform and have that order filled against an actual real-time Bid/Ask combination existing within their liquidity pool directly, without having your trade "run through" their dealing desk, then they call that Direct Market Access, or DMA. But, direct market access to WHAT is what they do not tell you.

You are not getting direct market access to Interbank rates. You are getting access to a shooting gallery of baked-in arbitrage moments that you can't even see and that only the participants within the pool know about [the rigging]. The Bid/Ask FXCM executes on your behalf based on your decision to enter/exit the market will always (100% of the time) be an inferior position relative to their liquidity providers and the rest of the real Interbank market.

In order to offer you (the retail trader) true DMA, FXCM would by definition have to stop manipulating liquidity pool rates by plugging in their business model required spread increase. Rates that you see on their platform are algorithmically generated by their so-called "Pricing Engine" to include their "Mark-Up" on liquidity pool rates. This is the third-layer of disadvantage you get through a broker like FXCM. So, even before you click on your mouse to open or close your position, you are doing it with three (3) strikes against you from the word GO.

This cannot be resolved while FXCM generates it revenues through the algorithmic widening of the spread. It would by definition have to shift its business model to a true Commissions based model and it would have to stream both Real-Time Prices from the pool along with true Depth of Market (DOM) to your trading platform.

The net effect would be that you as a trader are now able to pick and chose your transaction levels far more precisely and with far more forward intelligence about your entry/exit logic. But, that's not the best part. People often times misunderstand why having true price transparency such as this is important and they focus on the DOM aspect all by itself. But, there is more benefit to the trader than meets the eye.

The best part of such a model is the fact that the trader can now build their own "Pricing Engine" and capture either true Arbitrage Moments of their own, or capture Zero Spread opportunities at price levels that are appropriate for their particular trading methodology. This is one of the reason why FXCM won't shift to this truly Transparent Price Delivery Model.

If FXCM would make streaming DOM available via API and/or via Excel, along with history data and real-time OHLC, then you have all you need to track and capture the Best Pricing Available at all levels, including the capturing of Zero Spread conditions, or even Negative Spread conditions.

When I say that FXCM is a Price Manipulator, I not only mean it, but I have just proven it. Retail Forex is rigged by definition. The only broker that I know of that even comes remotely close to what I have proposed above is DCFX. They are not perfect. They are nowhere near a perfect price transparency model. However, they do offer a few things to help the trader get closer:

1) They use a commission based profit model
2) They do not grossly widen spreads
3) They offer an API
4) They provide proprietary pool DMA and DOM

They do have Pricing Engine. They do manipulate their spreads but they do it in exactly the opposite direction of FXCM and other FCM/RFED type brokers. So, you are not seeing true Interbank rates on their platform either, but you are not getting hosed down with absurdly gross spread widening algorithms, lagging platforms, hung platforms, re-quotes and perpetual negative slippage - combined with no way to access the DOM via API to build your own Price Engine.

Therefore, DCFX is nowhere near perfect, but they have one of the best opportunities for the retail trader to start taking advantage of better pricing and something closer to true DMA than anything else I've seen in the retail space thus far. They don't make it easy to build, but it can be done - I've done it and it works beautifully. Scalping becomes too easy on such a platform when you control the spread at which you enter and exit the market and this is part of what FXCM fears.

Now, if Jason Rogers, wants to engage in this level of discussion instead of the obligatory and superficial trivialities that don't really get to the heart of the problem, then I am more than willing to have that conversation out in the open. But, I doubt seriously that he or anyone else at FXCM wants to engage at this level of discourse.

We haven't even begun having a conversation about a possible FIX (Financial Information Exchange) protocol driven FXCM/DOM type of solution that could really turn your retail trading into a turbo-charged trading machine. The problem? Well, while FXCM does offer O2G and the FC API (C++ or Java) with access to history data, they don't provide the needed DOM access to capture optimal spread opportunities as mentioned above.

This would mean exposing the pool's true Bid/Ask chain at all levels. With that view of the data stream, you can capture optimal spread moments and become one heck of a Scalper. They fear that the most as it would alter counter-party risk profiles and level the playing field in the aggregate. Profitability percentages swing back to the traders who take advantage of such optimal spread scenarios and that is not what they want to see happen to their algorithmically driven margins.

They bet on the aggregate ignorance and misplaced emotion of the retail trader to drive their profits - bottom line.

Now, ask Jason, to discuss these matters with you at depth and see what kind of response you get. Without question, you will get a non-sequitur reply - if that much.

Retail Forex is rigged by definition. The only broker that I know of that even comes remotely close to what I have proposed above is DCFX.

When someone joins the forum is of no consequence

Actually, it's very relevant that since joining this forum, you've tried to use the FXCM discussion thread as a platform to promote your own broker, which happens to be the exact same broker that TraderNumber7 tried to promote last year using similar tactics: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...s-dcfx-spread-challenge-ii-2.html#post1929978

I'm up front in letting everyone on Trade2Win know that I'm an official representative of FXCM. Now everyone knows why you are here as well: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-no-slippage-rare-requotes-6.html#post2202600

Actually, it's very relevant that since joining this forum, you've tried to use the FXCM discussion thread as a platform to promote your own broker, which happens to be the exact same broker that TraderNumber7 tried to promote last year using similar tactics: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...s-dcfx-spread-challenge-ii-2.html#post1929978

I'm up front in letting everyone on Trade2Win know that I'm an official representative of FXCM. Now everyone knows why you are here as well: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-no-slippage-rare-requotes-6.html#post2202600

It matters not whom he is promoting Jason what matters is the fact that he has asked you in great depth a question that im sure others as well as myself would dearly love you to reply to in depth,so your little smoke and mirrors above does,nt even begin too cut it.I would love the Fsa to have a long hard look at your pricing enough complaints and they will.The fact is that FXCM do manipulate the price to the disadvantage of the retail client and its been proved in the USA .We as retail clients so need to get rid of brokers like you lot.Im in total agreement with digital .Mike.

I would not say that he's been rude, but he certain has been a lot more than merely a little evasive and diverting of subjects that get under the skin of FXCM.

Yours (apparently) is a former complaint of defrauding traders who are not registered with FXCM in the United States. Mine is a long standing complaint about FXCM engaging in Price Manipulation. The evidence for this is not only witnessed on the charts themselves which everyone can see with the naked eye, but it is also baked into their business model which cannot be seen by the naked eye. You won't know about it unless and until you study how retail forex works.

Case in point:

The Rigging of The System

Ask Jason Rogers of FXCM, to explain to you how their Price Engine works. You will find him in his most defensive posture with such a question, because he knows where such questions can lead, if he's not very careful to divert the subject very early on in the conversation. Or, he'll cloud the answer given in a shroud of smoke and mirrors about how FXCM liquidity providers are the source of the price levels you ultimate see on your FXCM trading platform(s).

The fact of the matter is that FXCM is not showing you actual Interbank prices on either the TS-II, MT4 and now NT platforms. Most of these FCM/RFED types use many of the exact same liquidity providers and they are not all chartered banks. These liquidity providers are essentially engineering a type of back-end "arbitrage moment" into a lot of the prices they deliver to FXCM. These "financial institutions" that make up the typical FCM/RFED liquidity pool are also engaging real Interbank transactions simultaneously.

Their algorithms are "searching" for these "arbitraging moments" between the Retail and Institutional sides of the market. Essentially, they've configured their own private back-end ATM machine between both sides of the equation. Therefore, the prices you see on your retail trading platform will very rarely match what's actually taking place simultaneously in the real Interbank market.

The Solution to True Price Transparency

FXCM loves to claim that it offers true Transparent DMA and a "no dealing desk" option. Well, this is far from the truth of the matter as you will soon see.

No dealing desk is supposed to equal true DMA. In other words, if you can enter an order through your FXCM platform and have that order filled against an actual real-time Bid/Ask combination existing within their liquidity pool directly, without having your trade "run through" their dealing desk, then they call that Direct Market Access, or DMA. But, direct market access to WHAT is what they do not tell you.

You are not getting direct market access to Interbank rates. You are getting access to a shooting gallery of baked-in arbitrage moments that you can't even see and that only the participants within the pool know about [the rigging]. The Bid/Ask FXCM executes on your behalf based on your decision to enter/exit the market will always (100% of the time) be an inferior position relative to their liquidity providers and the rest of the real Interbank market.

In order to offer you (the retail trader) true DMA, FXCM would by definition have to stop manipulating liquidity pool rates by plugging in their business model required spread increase. Rates that you see on their platform are algorithmically generated by their so-called "Pricing Engine" to include their "Mark-Up" on liquidity pool rates. This is the third-layer of disadvantage you get through a broker like FXCM. So, even before you click on your mouse to open or close your position, you are doing it with three (3) strikes against you from the word GO.

This cannot be resolved while FXCM generates it revenues through the algorithmic widening of the spread. It would by definition have to shift its business model to a true Commissions based model and it would have to stream both Real-Time Prices from the pool along with true Depth of Market (DOM) to your trading platform.

The net effect would be that you as a trader are now able to pick and chose your transaction levels far more precisely and with far more forward intelligence about your entry/exit logic. But, that's not the best part. People often times misunderstand why having true price transparency such as this is important and they focus on the DOM aspect all by itself. But, there is more benefit to the trader than meets the eye.

The best part of such a model is the fact that the trader can now build their own "Pricing Engine" and capture either true Arbitrage Moments of their own, or capture Zero Spread opportunities at price levels that are appropriate for their particular trading methodology. This is one of the reason why FXCM won't shift to this truly Transparent Price Delivery Model.

If FXCM would make streaming DOM available via API and/or via Excel, along with history data and real-time OHLC, then you have all you need to track and capture the Best Pricing Available at all levels, including the capturing of Zero Spread conditions, or even Negative Spread conditions.

When I say that FXCM is a Price Manipulator, I not only mean it, but I have just proven it. Retail Forex is rigged by definition. The only broker that I know of that even comes remotely close to what I have proposed above is DCFX. They are not perfect. They are nowhere near a perfect price transparency model. However, they do offer a few things to help the trader get closer:

1) They use a commission based profit model
2) They do not grossly widen spreads
3) They offer an API
4) They provide proprietary pool DMA and DOM

They do have Pricing Engine. They do manipulate their spreads but they do it in exactly the opposite direction of FXCM and other FCM/RFED type brokers. So, you are not seeing true Interbank rates on their platform either, but you are not getting hosed down with absurdly gross spread widening algorithms, lagging platforms, hung platforms, re-quotes and perpetual negative slippage - combined with no way to access the DOM via API to build your own Price Engine.

Therefore, DCFX is nowhere near perfect, but they have one of the best opportunities for the retail trader to start taking advantage of better pricing and something closer to true DMA than anything else I've seen in the retail space thus far. They don't make it easy to build, but it can be done - I've done it and it works beautifully. Scalping becomes too easy on such a platform when you control the spread at which you enter and exit the market and this is part of what FXCM fears.

Now, if Jason Rogers, wants to engage in this level of discussion instead of the obligatory and superficial trivialities that don't really get to the heart of the problem, then I am more than willing to have that conversation out in the open. But, I doubt seriously that he or anyone else at FXCM wants to engage at this level of discourse.

We haven't even begun having a conversation about a possible FIX (Financial Information Exchange) protocol driven FXCM/DOM type of solution that could really turn your retail trading into a turbo-charged trading machine. The problem? Well, while FXCM does offer O2G and the FC API (C++ or Java) with access to history data, they don't provide the needed DOM access to capture optimal spread opportunities as mentioned above.

This would mean exposing the pool's true Bid/Ask chain at all levels. With that view of the data stream, you can capture optimal spread moments and become one heck of a Scalper. They fear that the most as it would alter counter-party risk profiles and level the playing field in the aggregate. Profitability percentages swing back to the traders who take advantage of such optimal spread scenarios and that is not what they want to see happen to their algorithmically driven margins.

They bet on the aggregate ignorance and misplaced emotion of the retail trader to drive their profits - bottom line.

Now, ask Jason, to discuss these matters with you at depth and see what kind of response you get. Without question, you will get a non-sequitur reply - if that much.

There is not much else to say except succintly put.I doubt Jason will be authorised to reply to that one.So Where do you find true interbank prices where they can be compared?Mike