FX platform selection: VBA algorithm with API

zeno1

Hello,

I have a VBA algorithm to trade in FX. But I have to interface with a platform to be able to trade. This seems to become a big additional step, so I'd like to receive your advice. What platform would be better to use, how can I make the interface without having to write in another language (I know a little programming).

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

Hi Zeno1,

How much funds do you have to open an account? This will have a bearing on where you can look to apply your algo in the future,

conorodr

Hello,

I have a VBA algorithm to trade in FX. But I have to interface with a platform to be able to trade. This seems to become a big additional step, so I'd like to receive your advice. What platform would be better to use, how can I make the interface without having to write in another language (I know a little programming).

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

The broker I use has a very easy to use DDE connection with Excel. I am aware that some other brokers also have the same capability.

OEC ™ - Futures and Forex Electronic Trading System - Software Highlights

Hello Conorodr,

Thank you for your reply. I'm looking at this point from a technical perspective though.
Is there a recently developed technology for the platform that I can either interface with my VBA script or that I can replicate easily on a platform? What platform(s) would you advice me to use for FX trading?

Cheers!

Hello New Trader,

Thanks for your suggestion on DDE connection with Excel. A broker has indeed suggested this to me and I'm currently trying this out with a demo account.
I'm wondering if there are other technical solutions that I can apply, if possible without having to write a new algorithm in another language than VBA?

Hello New Trader,

Thanks for your suggestion on DDE connection with Excel. A broker has indeed suggested this to me and I'm currently trying this out with a demo account.
I'm wondering if there are other technical solutions that I can apply, if possible without having to write a new algorithm in another language than VBA?

You won't have to rewrite your algorithm in another language. VBA is built in to Excel. You simply use a DDE connection to get the broker data and submit orders to and from Excel and let Excel do all the VBA stuff.

Hello New Trader,

You can also try Microsoft component object model (COM).

OEC ™ - Futures and Forex Electronic Trading System - OEC API - Documentation

But I think DDE is by far the easiest!