FuturesBetting? Holy Moly !!

dcarrigan said:
if site goes down phone up, answered in 5 secs. all in my expereance.
Thanks. How often have you noticed the site go down? Was that completely, or just selected instruments?

fxfollower said:
Thanks. How often have you noticed the site go down? Was that completely, or just selected instruments?
it seems to be with ecbot. sometimes only for couple of secs. only trade dow and ft. so dont know about the rest. get weeks with no problem then 3 times in one day?.

dcarrigan said:
it seems to be with ecbot. sometimes only for couple of secs. only trade dow and ft. so dont know about the rest. get weeks with no problem then 3 times in one day?.

Just as long as they don't appear to be intentional outages.

I would imagine that it would be much simpler to create and run an honest platform, rather than a biased one. No complicated filtering, fewer dealers, fewer things to go wrong, fewer customer complaints. Perhaps my inability to find many internet posts re: FB is just a sign of professional traders happy trading on this platform.

fxfollower said:
Just as long as they don't appear to be intentional outages.

I would imagine that it would be much simpler to create and run an honest platform, rather than a biased one. No complicated filtering, fewer dealers, fewer things to go wrong, fewer customer complaints. Perhaps my inability to find many internet posts re: FB is just a sign of professional traders happy trading on this platform.
also excellent customer care, will phone you to see if your happy with the product. have read other users comments that they will open other platforms if demand is there. the site is basic but its a case of what you see is what you get. will open a demo account for you for 1 week trading real money. on site training to get you up and running. only down fall is margins and maintenance as you are trading futures you are subject to usa regulations. all imo. hope this helps.

Last edited:
SB staff?

dcarrigan said:
16-06-2006, 09:22 PM
2. All other SB companies have the option to refer clients. Remember we are a spread betting company ...

dcarrigan, I found the above comment on the Worldspreads thread. Do you work for an SB company? Maybe Worldspreads or FuturesBetting?

fxfollower said:
dcarrigan, I found the above comment on the Worldspreads thread. Do you work for an SB company? Maybe Worldspreads or FuturesBetting?

At last! It looked totally obvious to me from the off that this guy is a mouthpiece for futuresbetting.com.

That's fine of course as long as he declares his interest as a vendor......

rols said:
At last! It looked totally obvious to me from the off that this guy is a mouthpiece for futuresbetting.com.

That's fine of course as long as he declares his interest as a vendor......
i have no connection with any financial company. having been round the block with sb companys i speak as i find. dont knock until you have tried. was going to try world spreads because of there 1 spread on the dow but could not get clear answer re instant execution from marvin.

fxfollower said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by laptop1
Well, didn't last long, done a deal with marvin if I go back on Auto trading I pay a little more

spread than others, I was getting 2 pips on EURUSD and 3 pips On GBPUSD. Anyway I

was still making money and because of this, I am back on Referred to dealer, Basically they

don't like my style of trading.

2. All other SB companies have the option to refer clients. Remember we are a spread betting company and as much as traders dislike this fact, we do have the right to refer clients that we believe are systems trading and not trading the real market prices. FXsour grapes - we have many traders that have been in the SB scene for ages. We do not knock back winners
is the above your style of trading they dont like?
or is it the winning.

only the last two lines are mine, asking laptop if the statement applied to him.rest wrote by marvin re systems trading .
hope this clears things up. marvin post 98

Edit by frugi: I think you mean post #198? http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=259839&postcount=198

Last edited by a moderator:
Futuresbetting

I have been trading their trainer demo platform for over a week now
The futures prices are direct from the exchanges. Have had alot of problems with the platform freezing. Charts also suck So if you use tech analysis difficult to tie charts to prices Customer service has been first class trying to help with this problem. I get the impression this is a well run company who genuinely want traders to succeed
This is my take on FuturesBetting

Sambar said:
The futures prices are direct from the exchanges. Have had alot of problems with the platform freezing. Charts also suck So if you use tech analysis difficult to tie charts to prices Customer service has been first class trying to help with this problem. I get the impression this is a well run company who genuinely want traders to succeed
traded for approx 6 moths with fb. never had problem with platform freezing , on approx 8 hours a day. think it must be a technical problem .

Sambar said:

re problems with platform freezing. have you down loaded 3rd party software for the squack box?. never got round to using it myself but either that or 3rd party software from ib causing me jarva problems with cmc and advn . hope you get sorted.

dcarrigan said:
traded for approx 6 moths with fb. never had problem with platform freezing , on approx 8 hours a day. think it must be a technical problem .

Hi,

1. Is this company regulated by FSA here.
2. Where do they hold client's funds
3. How do you find the fills on your entry and exits.
4. May I inquire as to which markets you trade using their platform

I've been ignoring t2w for a while, so maybe this has been discussed(search reveals nowt), so at the risk of annoying the regular smart arses here, have you seen this fantastic sounding new product?

http://www.futuresbetting.com/home.php

This is a Gibraltar based 'new improved' SB but anchored to the Futures market via IB. You trade the market price plus fixed cost in and out. The firm takes your SB order and places a Futures trade with IB (matched). But it is absolutely tight to the market, no front running prices and trading against clients. Sounds good.

Tax free status too.

Anyone using this firm?

I'm considering leaving IB for this. But this is a gut reaction as I was told about this new firm 5 minutes ago! :eek:

The platform is level 2 trading, you get instant fills no re-quotes and we want you to make money as we are 100% hedged into the markets.Also the spreads are fixed.

Hi,

1. Is this company regulated by FSA here.
2. Where do they hold client's funds
3. How do you find the fills on your entry and exits.
4. May I inquire as to which markets you trade using their platform

We are not regulated by the FSA but the FSC which is the services commision of Gibraltar, but we come under the wing of the FSA(if you look on there website we are a registered company).Plus the FSC are stricter.
All clients funds are held in 100% client segregated accounts in Barclays London.
On the platform it shows you all your trades,plus we send statements to your e-mail at close of business every day.
We offer 5 exchanges, Liffe,Eurex,Ice,Cbot and Cme

No it is tax free in Gibraltar, it may not be tax free within the UK as it is not regulated and set up as a Spreadbet company in the UK.

I would strongly advise caution.

JonnyT

Spreadbetting is tax free in the uk, we come under the wing of the FSA and registered on thier web-site

From what I've seen this should be the end of other SBs. None compare to this business model.

But this company has only been operating since March, and can't advertise in this country! Perhaps Gordon fears the power of Gibraltar, ie not within his grubby reach.

So who here is a client?

Futuresbetting.com launched in March 2005, and were only dragged down because of Global.

I just opened account with FB & use with Ninjatrader trade ES MINI

b4 i used was with CMCmarkets

the Ninjatrader platform i used as charting but now upgraded is great static SuperDom can use strategies I will be using the futuresbetting real time data feed

JUST asked FB about themselves b4 i funded account

[email protected]

We are owned by London Capital Group, who are a listed company on the London Stock Exchange, who also own Capital Spreads, Capital Forex.So a very large company.
We are still based in Gibraltar and our regulator is the FSC ,but LCG are regulated by the FSA, we are a registered company by the FSA and on their website.
If you wish to see the capital have a look at Capital Spread and LCG.

All funds are held in Barclays London and in 100% client segregated accounts.

Andrew Woolley
Sales Manager

Futuresbetting.com
Suite 10 | Watergardens 2 | Gibraltar

FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage

Last edited:
People are always saying that spread betting can be taxed if it is deemed 'professional'. This is just not true and it will never be taxed.

The simple reason is that we all know more money is lost than made in spread betting so if it were taxable, losses would have to be tax deductable and the Inland Revenue would incur a net loss.

That just ain't gonna happen...

In addition, tax is deducted on every bet anyway so they won't tax you again.