Futures Trading proposal. Silent partner/investor 50/50 profit split. Proven audit.

Zbullish

Hi all,

I am currently seeking a private investor to fund a futures trading account and to work with a 50/50 profit split. Proven hit rate of above 85% and audit from APPL trader on PDF available and open to scrutiny. Please message me for further info. Trading the S+P 500.

Thx

Zac

Zac, you're likely going to get all the normal responses to this, but before the fun starts, and they all start asking about how long you've been doing it, demo or live, drawdown etc., there is the age-old question:

If you've got an above 85% hit rate(and assuming you're making a profit with that which can be a big if...) why do you need additional funding? You should have been raking in enough to keep your head down and order the yacht by now.

Hi,

I am currently not trading so unfortunately no big profit as of yet. Hopefully this will help in answering the above.

I am currently 31, My history is that after leaving school I went to work on the LIFFE floor (1997 of the top of my head) as a runner. My trader used to trade the Bund for which I developed a taste for. Unfortunately by the time I was ready to begin trading the LIFFE floor was coming to an end of an era and the Bund was one of the first physical pits to shut down and due to the nature of screen trading positions were very limited and runners as well as traders were made redundant.

I then started temping in the city in general back / middle office roles but the money was never that of what I experienced on the floor. After a few years of this I then tried screen trading with crossfire and TT (roughly ten years ago) and had some success trading the Shatz but nothing compared to what I had experienced on the floor. I then went back to temping in the city up until 2008 where I finished up at Lehman Bros.

My girlfriend and I decided to have a change in career and both entered the world of sales. Unfortunately neither of us are having the financial success that we had hoped for and I decided to open "dummy" account to try trading again and had a much greater success than before trading the S+P 500. Although fully aware that many of these dummy accounts have exceptionally fast fill rates etc to entice, I have been advised that the simulation is of "real time" and can be used in confidence to reflect my ability. I mentioned this to a potential investor who viewed my audit and was 100% committed but unfortunately due to personal circumstances he can no longer satisfy his end of the agreement. Which is why I have entered this post.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

Zac

Hi,

I am currently not trading so unfortunately no big profit as of yet. Hopefully this will help in answering the above.

I am currently 31, My history is that after leaving school I went to work on the LIFFE floor (1997 of the top of my head) as a runner. My trader used to trade the Bund for which I developed a taste for. Unfortunately by the time I was ready to begin trading the LIFFE floor was coming to an end of an era and the Bund was one of the first physical pits to shut down and due to the nature of screen trading positions were very limited and runners as well as traders were made redundant.

I then started temping in the city in general back / middle office roles but the money was never that of what I experienced on the floor. After a few years of this I then tried screen trading with crossfire and TT (roughly ten years ago) and had some success trading the Shatz but nothing compared to what I had experienced on the floor. I then went back to temping in the city up until 2008 where I finished up at Lehman Bros.

My girlfriend and I decided to have a change in career and both entered the world of sales. Unfortunately neither of us are having the financial success that we had hoped for and I decided to open "dummy" account to try trading again and had a much greater success than before trading the S+P 500. Although fully aware that many of these dummy accounts have exceptionally fast fill rates etc to entice, I have been advised that the simulation is of "real time" and can be used in confidence to reflect my ability. I mentioned this to a potential investor who viewed my audit and was 100% committed but unfortunately due to personal circumstances he can no longer satisfy his end of the agreement. Which is why I have entered this post.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

Zac

Dont you think your original post was a bit misleading, not that I was thinking of giving you money, but you made no mention of demo accounts until you were challenged.

Why dont you open a futures account and trade 1 contract and prove you can do it. For instance Global Futures have no minimum account size and intraday margins of about $500 on the ES. By the way I'm not suggesting you trade 1 contract with a $500 account, my point is that you could easily trade live without major backing.

Hi,

Global futures require a deposit of $2,000 (account is frozen until re funded until this limit is reached again plus you need to cover the margin. I have spoken to a number houses including sweet futures. Unfortunately at this present moment in time and also due to financial commitments which are active until the end of this year, this is not an amount I am liquid for.

I dont think my email was in any way misleading. I purposely opened the demo account to build up an Audit trail as proof to my original investor. I also have written confirmation from APPL trading confirming that the demo account is identical to the real time account.

By advertising this proposal it is simply a way of myself increasing my probabilities of finding an investor. I do not aim to mislead anyone.

Thx

Zac

Demo accounts are never a realistic track record. Somebody can easily create 10 or 20 demo accounts and just choose the best one to put forwards. You would do better to open a real account with real funds (whatever you can afford) to establish a track record.

Hi,

Email I sent is below as well as the response.

Email from me...

When I was trading the S+P / Shatz joining the bid/offer on the demo
account I found the actual execution of the buy/sell was extremely
fast (didn't seem to have to wait that long to get filled) and found I
did extremely well.

When I used to trade the screen around 10 years ago (Euribor / Shatz)
I found I used to wait much longer. I was just wondering if the fill
time is the same on both the demo and live platforms.

Reply...

Hi Zac,

Yes, technology improved a lot over the past 10 years but also the demo has
real time quotes.

If I look at my quotes at the moment for the demo and my Live APPL trader
the prices are the same and the bid/offer is also the same.

Thx

I dunno. I reckon Zac is being pretty open and honest and perhaps only guilty of naivety which is surprising given his exposure to the markets from a pro perspective.

Zac, nobody is going to let you run their money based on a demo account no matter how startlingly good it is. You really do need to get the taste of trading your own money to find out why it’s different and what you do differently – and shouldn’t – and don’t do, but should have, and did, when it was in demo.

You’ll need a track record of time rather than size and the ability to show your gains were not leveraged with levels of risk that would be unsustainable as you scale up.

Seriously, run an account for 12-18 months with just a few hundred thousand or even just tens of thousands if that’s all you can get your hands on and don’t aim to be a star, just generate good returns with low risk and minuscule drawdown. That’s what’s going to impress and ultimately, if that’s still the way you want to go, convince.

That you and your SO decided to switch careers into untested (and ultimately unsuccessful) areas will have weakened your ability to simply survive while you’re attempting to achieve this, but that’s an issue for you to resolve yourselves.