Futures Spread Trading Platform

Acelera

I am looking for advice on the best trading platform. I trade futures predominantly though I also trade forex and equities. I need the software to allow for back testing, optimization, and automated, system based trading. I currently am using Tradestation and although I like the platform overall it does not have a good way for futures spread/pair trading. Thanks in advance for your help and recommendations.

Try cqg spreader or TT spreader. not cheap though as platforms go. In terms of stocks, it depends on the t/f you are trading, there are a lot of pair traders at Bright Trading, US prop firm based in Vegas, they execute through Redi+ which is the Goldman Sachs prop platform. UK stocks more messy as stamp duty considerations.

At our firm we do a lot of spread trading, and the best software we found to do it is AlgoTrader. For our strategies we indeed need to be able to generate (and trade) synthetic "constant maturity futures" (ie combinations of futures where the weights of the legs adjust over time), and AlgoTrader handles it nicely.
Note that it has both an open-source as well as a licensed version, however the other features you mentioned are available in both versions. Have a look at their website, I certainly can recommend them.