Funny Balls.

kimo'sabby

Experienced member
Was listening to Craig Johnston (ex Liverpool) on talk sport today. Johno has been involved with the 'evolution' of better footballing equipment for a few years now, 'Predator boot' technology being one of his most famous designs.

Now Johno reckons that one of the only leagues not using the official FIFA match ball is the premier league (English football behind the times, no, never!).

However, the Bundesliga have been using the FIFA match ball for some time now.

Johno stated in no uncertain terms that there is a big difference in ball aerodynamics etc, between the FIFA match ball and the Premiership Nike match ball.

England 1-4 Germany. I blame the ball.

I didn't know that the ball had already been in use in other leagues. Interesting.
It clearly moves differently. The number of goalkeeping 'errors' have been way to frequent to be put down to coincidence.

Forlans free kick in the game that just finished seemed to move about in the air, although im not sure of that was down to the ball or not.
It was curling inwards and then seemed to swing drastically outwards again as it started to pick up pace. I would say it was down to the ball, although C. Ronaldo seemed to be able to master the same skill with his free kicks back when he was at Man U using the 'old ball'. I've also seen Drogba do it in the Premier league.

I dont think that they shuold keep messing with the balls personally.

I didn't know that the ball had already been in use in other leagues. Interesting.
It clearly moves differently. The number of goalkeeping 'errors' have been way to frequent to be put down to coincidence.

Forlans free kick in the game that just finished seemed to move about in the air, although im not sure of that was down to the ball or not.
It was curling inwards and then seemed to swing drastically outwards again as it started to pick up pace. I would say it was down to the ball, although C. Ronaldo seemed to be able to master the same skill with his free kicks back when he was at Man U using the 'old ball'. I've also seen Drogba do it in the Premier league.

I dont think that they shuold keep messing with the balls personally.

I think you're right, it doesn't seem to make a difference to other prem players, but it does move a hell of a lot more in the air.

As for the the England squad, i suppose all thay can do now is have a little mess with thier balls.

Was listening to Craig Johnston (ex Liverpool) on talk sport today. Johno has been involved with the 'evolution' of better footballing equipment for a few years now, 'Predator boot' technology being one of his most famous designs.

Now Johno reckons that one of the only leagues not using the official FIFA match ball is the premier league (English football behind the times, no, never!).

However, the Bundesliga have been using the FIFA match ball for some time now.

Johno stated in no uncertain terms that there is a big difference in ball aerodynamics etc, between the FIFA match ball and the Premiership Nike match ball.

Standards are a wonderful thing.

That's why there are so many of them.

Standards are a wonderful thing.

That's why there are so many of them.

I know what you are saying, but i just think it would make sense if the FA actually thought a bit more logically at times.

Saying this, they are probably tied into a money deal with NIKE, which they would not have with the FIFA match ball.