fundamentals feed to Excel

spintron

Hello all,

I am looking for a feed with an Excel addin (hopefuly with an API as well) that provides fundamentals for US, UK and Asian stocks.

Most of this information is at edgar but in an inconvenient format, so essentially what I am looking for is the value investor's data feed.

Since I'm not interested in all other kind of feeds (daily data, futures, FX, Commodities), I'd expect to be something out there that costs much less than Bloomberg. Also since free resources like yahoo finance cover the last few years, I am looking for something which keeps track of more years and possibly has more detailed information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

K

Thanks for your reply, I can't find digitalbook and factset seems to be targeting institutional clients.

110 views and no datafeed yet :( .

There should be a feed that is tailored to fundamentals investors, and is priced accordingly.

Thanks for your reply, I can't find digitalbook and factset seems to be targeting institutional clients.

110 views and no datafeed yet :( .

There should be a feed that is tailored to fundamentals investors, and is priced accordingly.

Dialdata have some, like dividends, and earnins. Not sure what else.

You could try my free open-source add-in:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/smf_addin/

It's primarily a set of user-defined functions to extract data from the Internet.

Thank you very much for your reply :) . Unless my memory fails me, yahoo! finance and google finance provide only with 3 years of fundamental data, not more. Would you be aware of a web-resource for fundamental data that works together with your addin?

The data indeed exist online, e.g. EDGAR, the question however is if there exists an addin, e.g. the open source addin linked above, which can which can fetch them from the web and put them into an Excel spreadsheet.

Hey spintron,

I am also looking for quality fundamental data and through this post got lead to advfn.com. But how do I access financial statements for UK companies? The website only seems to have financial statements for US companies. Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.