FTSE Rollover

Lucky_81

Anyone here trade the roll? Care to share some general strategies (apart from buy low sell high :cheesy:)?

I trade the roll, best strategy is on the very opening the fill will often be at a good price improvement, e.g. yesterday I was bidding 50 at 30.5 got filled at 29 on the open.

I'm bidding 21.5 at the moment. The main problem imo is that the algorithm is FIFO so it can't really be traded like a STIR spread.

Best plan is probably to average it around a mean, maybe about 27 :)

FIFO - I suppose could load the book early and try to nick spread?

why 21.5?

Chart looks quite whippy CQG showing H50 L6.5 yest?

That doesn't sound right to me but I wasn't in for the opening. 21.5 because it's low and there's a good bid at 21, no real logic behind it, hehe.

If you're desperate to trade it there is a good logic in lifting some 25s actually, me I'll happily sit at 24.5 here as when I stuck bid in there wasn't much there.

fair enough. Does seem to move around a bit - I think i'll have a dabble. Bring on the FTSE! :eek:

Thanks for your response.

Trading 2k, thanks for your reply. I am only looking for short term trades at the moment - I am a STIR trader by day, so by nature cant hold a position for longer than a nanosecond :)