FTSE 100 trading positions on IG Markets

I am planning to join a British uni for my post graduate studies in Sept 09. I am also an avid stocks and derivatives trader.

I wanted to know if a person is in UK with a student visa, is he allowed to trade in UK stock exchanges especially some of these interesting products like SPREAD BETTING ?

Is there any website where I can get a demo account to try out spread betting using virtual money.

Thanks

Hi
I use a ETX capital - they let you open a demo account (easy to set up)with a virtual £20k which you can reset when it all goes wrong!
There are others out there as well.
Good luck!
Matt

what happened to this guy and this thread?
i see alot of threads saying "im making serious money, ive given up my job, heres how i do it", .... and then the thread dies with little or no info........

Hi guys,

I am trading FTSE mini with IG. Any idea how I can get volume data on this index, seems to me they don't provide it....

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am trading FTSE mini with IG. Any idea how I can get volume data on this index, seems to me they don't provide it....

Thanks

depends if youre using IG index or IG markets. The former does not provide it.
ftse mini £2 contract, sounds like IG makets, in which case:

i believe: Advanced/real time charts (the ones you pay for)...add indicator: volume : change to historgram or whatever...

quickcharts: settings : volume... not sure if they show volume for FTSE.

Do people look at volume for indices?

IGmarkets, still can't see it

I did not look at volume in my trades, but many people provide charts with volume on it so I think probably there is something interesting ))

ig markets.
it is there man.
go to quick charts>settings>volume
for stocks...not sure about indice......send them an email......

Usually they don't reply to my emails ))

Volume for stocks is there, but I asked about futures on index

Download MT from ODL with their demo account. They show volumes on FTSE and DJI. However, I am not sure if its the volume traded through them or the actual market volume. Perhaps observe volumes on highly weighted stocks within the index to get better idea of high volume pivots and observe the price action on the corresponding timeframe on indices.