From paper to real money trading

USD/CAD

I'm planning to short the 4H chart if that alert triggers.

-edit-

Doesn't look good anymore. I might just trade the breakout to the upside.

Looks like a long trade from hourly chart.

-edit-

Long it is.

Attachments

• 120924H1.jpg
    120924H1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Might get a good entry at 1H chart.

-edit-

Got it.

Closed and switched to short side of 4H chart.

I'm very tired and it's been a busy day doing this. All sort of alerts and tens of charts are getting the better of me. Needless to say all the real account trades lost. And all the last week trades came to negative/close.

I'm not sure if I should keep clicking mouse buttons or just click the power switch.

Attachments

• 120924H4.jpg
    120924H4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 149
Looks like a long trade from hourly chart.

-edit-

Long it is.

And I turned it around. I feel like I'm making mistakes if I do this. But I don't make decisions with my feelings and I can see how doing this could be correct, I'm just not sure tese 2 trades are.

Attachments

• 120924H4(2).jpg
    120924H4(2).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 133
I didn't hear any alerts and thought all is good. I came back to check things and I have been disconnected from my charts provider. My own fault. I always forget that they disconnect you by force after so many hours. Not great service tho... You have to re-establish everything and if you're close to levels where you want to manually adjust positions and get disconnected....

This week is going to be rough. I'm very tired all the time but can't get sleep. Nothing new but tough when you're trying to do things like trade or work out and your level of concentration is 0.
I sometimes get these weird insomnia-like periods.

Back to where I started this post. I was trying to say I lost pips again when I shouldn't have.

EUR/USD

I closed the trade late last night and now I'm looking to re-enter the 4H chart.

Attachments

• 120925H4.jpg
    120925H4.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 160
God damn USD/CAD

I'm preparing to go long again. 4H chart

-edit-

I did it.

-edit-

Fool me once, twice....

Attachments

• 120925H4.jpg
    120925H4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
GBP/EUR

Just closed a long position. Now that I look at it I think I should have noticed that 1,26 line and closed after the first Hourly bar down from it.

Could be a short on Daily.

Attachments

• 120925.jpg
    120925.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 120925H1.jpg
    120925H1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 151
There's going to be changes. I can only trade during the US session from next week on and I need to adjust.
- No trading the EU equities. I shouldn't have anyway, the spread is killing anyone stupid enough to do that. So it's going to be alot of work to update my stock pool.
- I can't be monitoring FX/index trades. So my options are going up or down on timeframe. I'm sure I'm going to shorter timeframes and that means cutting all the pairs that have more than 2pip spread. That's the second good decision I'm only able to make when I have to.

I'm on a great downward momentum with my real trading account. Some 40 losses and 1 win? I'm not going to check how it is but my balance already needs a boost I'm not willing to give.

I'm left with 8 currencypairs which sounds like enough. I'm going to have to change the way I track the trades. Propably end of day I just register the open and close prices and that's it. To this day I have registered more information but I never really went through it to see if there's something that would help.

Gold just broke the level where I would have tried to make a big short trade.

Yesterday was 8 trades 8 losses. Everything was trading in a small range. I hope it's not the case for US session every time.

I have chosen 70 new stocks and now I need to make the required analysis for swing and position trading. I'm going to give 50/50 odds my account is busted before I'm done. 80/20 it's too small to trade anything but 1min charts. Mr.Positive.

Well I'm getting better. 8 trades 7 losses.

I can see trades that would've worked out all over the charts but I can't hit one. I mean two.
Odds for this to turn out good have just changed for the worse but I just keep on going and try to improve everyday. That might sometimes mean I take bad habits because those worked out during a too small window.

When I had a little to no idea what I was doing I had better results :)

I almost had a big one. But what happened? I remembered to ADD THE ****ING SPREAD. Only I added it the wrong way and got punished by price hitting the exact pip.

I can not find a facepalm picture big enough so I'll just say something like "trades come trades go" and keep on.

e- And another trade I was supposed to take but I wasn't prepared when the time came is now a big winner.

Good news is that I also managed to secure one. Doesn't make me as happy as those failed ones make me angry, when you finally get the action you're looking for you need to catch the trades.

Last edited:
Now I remember another thing why trading small timeframes is hard; 60sec "price not valid" 60sec "price not valid" 60sec "price not valid" 60sec "price not valid"

And you either missed it or closed for huge loss insted of profits. Well hopefully not huge if you placed your stop correctly.