Freedom..

wasp

Legendary member
Whats your goal?

Originally, I started trading to earn a living my own way, on my timescale and under my own rules. The other reason on top of the potential increase in income from being a bartender, was to provide the ability to travel alot more.

I know there are many who trade after work and many who trade full time. Curious to whether people have other goals and how they manage their accounts.

In my situation, I earnt enough to trade for a couple of months and cover all daily expenses so I could keep increasing my capital these two months or until I have enough money to take 6 months off, travel and then go back and work for another 6 months and so on. Or of course, wipe out and be back at square one! :cheesy:

Do you trade for an extra income or do you have an ideal weekly goal to cover the bills? Or do you trade in hope of using it to pay for something in particular? Do you have a working capital and trade the same amount each day and take any excess on a monthly basis or try to build on it?

Just re-read this and realised the number of questions in there! Although I generally do well enough theres always the nagging fear of losses and I feel more comfortable blitzing it for two months and being safe for a few months rahter than trading week by week and hoping that I can afford the rent!

I know you've been waiting 4 years for this answer... Here it is
- My current goal is to become very proficient in trading, very consistant and confident and then going to go travel to really expensive destinations/hotels and just chill out there and pay for it each day through trading.

I hope that was worth the wait

-Halo

Whats your goal?

Originally, I started trading to earn a living my own way, on my timescale and under my own rules. The other reason on top of the potential increase in income from being a bartender, was to provide the ability to travel alot more.

I know there are many who trade after work and many who trade full time. Curious to whether people have other goals and how they manage their accounts.

In my situation, I earnt enough to trade for a couple of months and cover all daily expenses so I could keep increasing my capital these two months or until I have enough money to take 6 months off, travel and then go back and work for another 6 months and so on. Or of course, wipe out and be back at square one! :cheesy:

Do you trade for an extra income or do you have an ideal weekly goal to cover the bills? Or do you trade in hope of using it to pay for something in particular? Do you have a working capital and trade the same amount each day and take any excess on a monthly basis or try to build on it?

Just re-read this and realised the number of questions in there! Although I generally do well enough theres always the nagging fear of losses and I feel more comfortable blitzing it for two months and being safe for a few months rahter than trading week by week and hoping that I can afford the rent!

you sounded like a real Noob :LOL: :p

life is life

I have done lots of things in my life and many ups and downs. Working as an engineer at the moment, got cash in the bank at the moment, Im going to stuff some more money in there and take the winter off to trade full time hopefully paying my bills with the pot of cash if it doesn’t work I will go back to work, no big deal

Freedom – yes a good point. I have travelled the world, back packing solo, lived in many countries, travelled on business and first class. The problem with travelling it is a bug you cant shake off. What goes hand in hand with travelling is freedom. There have been many times I have sold EVERYTHING, jumped on a plane and off.
But its hard to get back to a normal life, an office job. I hate every minute of my day sat in an office with no natural light and a broken air conditioner rattling. I turn up on a morning and see all the little maggots sat a their desks eating there corn flakes looking at PC monitors. I sit in meetings thinking ‘I really don’t give a sh1t about this project, what time are the bacon sandwiches coming’ They don’t know anything else. Once you have tasted life, you cant go back to the rat race.

I have said in other posts, learn to trade from home or a career that gives you happiness - life’s too short.
With the correct money management and a decent size trading account you can make top cash every day even if you only average 50% winners, jesus you can achieve that by tossing a coin on a trade.
Health and family happiness is the key to life. I look at money making as a hobby, setting targets. Not materialistic, buts its my hobby.

Targets
Large mansion with 500 acres
Fleet of cars including the new Ferrari F430 Scuderia spider
Kids in private school.
No debt

(nice little demanding supermodel in the south of france to rattle on the side) shhh..

If I don’t achieve the goals and dreams, I have a good life already

Karl

:cool: