Free trading videos

Trading Office

I just finished my new trading office. I also have a labtop that sits near the monitors. Man, I love it!!! Students love the big black executive chairs too.

d-

Attachments

• 100_0418.JPG
    100_0418.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_0416.JPG
    100_0416.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0417.JPG
    100_0417.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_0411.JPG
    100_0411.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 344
Hey Rich,

Thanks for the kind words. In the past three weeks, however, I have been to three different states teaching four separate sets of students opposed them coming to me. LOL.......From this point forward almost all the students are scheduled to come to me so I can enjoy teaching from my new office.

The website that I am building is very much in high gear. I have a consultant spear-heading this project and a top-knotch graphics designer working with us to give me the desired look and feel. By the end of May my test endeavor should be in full operation.

NTRI was my big winner this week. AAPL and ASPV aren't doing too bad either.

d-

Grrr

Below is an email that I wrote to an individual this morning... It's in regards to bad attitudes/press by those few who attend trading seminars with their arm's crossed and just want to find reason to bash them later. I attached the series of emails below for your reading enjoyment. If for nothing else, it's entertaining.

d-

Hmm…How unfortunate to have been tainted by those that exert so much energy in smearing something that very well may be beyond their (personal) ambition/drive threshold apposed to focusing those efforts on something worth while.

Here is the bottom-line (mind you, I couldn’t care less if you join with TMTT or not—as I do not yet know you, nor am I a salesman for the company.) But nonetheless, I am where I am today trading because of my decisions to continue my education through TMTT. Take this for example: Some people understand that education is important and will go off to college after high school—when -others do not see college education as an immediate necessity. However people from both camps want the same thing in life-- to make as much money as they can for things such as: bettering their lifestyle, finding freedom, or to just make ends meet. Those that made the sacrifice and commitment to continue their education (more times than not) make more money than those who did not. The only things that separate these two camps/mindsets of people seem to me to be: 1) the decision to continue their education, and 2) the intrinsic drive to use what they have obtained to excel.

The sales pitch at TMTT or anywhere else is just that…a sales pitch. It’s the vital component to any business/company. It just comes with the package. Most people hate the process of being sold altogether. Others simply have walls up regarding anything that smells like “pie-in-the-sky”--get rich quick for only $199 kind of stuff. Regardless, it’s merely a sales process of a very real world that few know anything about---trading.

Each person that signs up with a company that teaches trading education makes the decision to continue their education. In my humble opinion, there is nothing better out there today (monetarily speaking) that warrants continuing ones’ education like trading does? I speak this as one who has owned several companies and who has also researched real estate investments as a licensed loan originator. There is no question that trading has made more for me faster than anything else I have done or researched. I would trade four years of college for 6 months of solid trading education if money was my only motive.

Those people, who whine and complain, tainting the world with their poison, are like those that think that everything in life should drop in their lap. When reality hits them and they see that trading (or anything else in life) takes time, investment, discipline, and development, these individuals become first, dismayed and then “victims.” When one thinks of themselves as victims, all hope is gone. However others who always seem to become successful see education as the start to their ultimate goal, whatever that may be. These types of people are willing to put in time, discipline, investments, and the willingness to develop into whatever it is they want to become.

Just my two-cents. I didn’t mean to ramble. But as one that grew up very poor, I have little patience for those that are lazy with no ambition who spout off that everything is somehow a scam that they were suckered into. The bottom line is that they wanted to become rich without effort. With that said, go buy a lottery ticket…

d-

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:59 AM
To: Des
Subject: Re: Carmel stock traders

Well, that's good to know that you have confidence in TMTT, part of Whitney Information Network. Late last night, I searched the internet for information on Whitney ... and, to my dismay, found a lot of sour press (especially about Russ Whitney himself). There were also a few people who felt like the TMTT 3-day "training" was nothing more than a hyped up session to get you to sign up for advanced training. And I must admit (while there) feeling like I'd stepped into a sucker's trap -- many old folks in attendance, many of whom resembled farmers and retirees who enjoy bingo ... listening intently while the slick guy in the suit quickly explained how "easy" covered calls and LEAPS are using TMTT.

*sigh*

But since I only have a small amount invested AND (the more important part) that I'm motivated and intelligent enough to make trading work, it still gives me some hope that this will pay off.

On 5/17/06, Des
Hey D-

That's great to hear. I, too, sat exactly where you sit today in the journey of trading education. The first three days is just the beginning. You will later want to continue your education to a deeper level with TMTT---I did. When is the three-day training?

Thanks for letting me know that you're moving forward with your education. This stuff is great.

d-

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:28 PM
To: Des

Subject: Re: Carmel stock traders

Des,

I realize we haven't yet met, but wanted to tell you that I attended a TMTT seminar tonight and signed up to attend a 3-day seminar (which also includes access to The Trade Center). In comparing to INVESTools, it seemed like a much better deal (or, at least a good place to start). All for $199.

Excited to get into it! And, looking forward to the next Carmel stock traders meeting.

Best,
Dave

What about betas?

eddyjo said:
Hi Everybody, After reading the above posts I think it makes sense to trade the broader market rather than individual stocks, but after saying that I also think that the method Des trades can just as easily be applied to indicies,

Eddie.

The opportunity missed if you only trade indices instead of individual stocks is the difference in betas between individual stocks and an index. An individual stock can and does fluctuate in price many times the fluctuation in virtually any index. It's purely mathematical. The basket of stocks that comprise the index includes stocks that are outperforming the index, underperforming the index, and performing in line with the index. The bottom line performance of that group of stocks or index would be the "average" performance of the individual stocks in the basket. Wouldn't it be better to be long the outperformers and short the underperformers?
The fluctuations in price for an index are frequently 3%, 5% or 10% in a given period of time whereas individual stocks in that index frequently fluctuating two, three or five times as much as the index.
Another important point concerns your tolerance for risk. Buying an index is a conservative approach and entails less risk compared to buying individual stocks. The index will fluctuate less to the upside and less to the downside. Of course this limits your loss exposure but it also limits you potential gains. A lot depends on your confidence and experience in picking stocks that can outperform the general market. I think Des is saying that fundamentally strong stocks that are also technically strong will usually outperform the general market.
I'm sure Des is correct.

*Gulp* The last video I placed on my thread was May of 2005. Geez, sorry for the long delay folks. I had no idea it had been that long. GREAT NEWS: New videos are in the works and coming VERY SOON! This is one massive thread. Perhaps I should start another one for the newer videos.

d-

PS. I get a chance to meet Sharky in Vegas at the Trader's Expo. Any others going to be there?

Welcome me back

Hey traders,

As promised, I am back---with fresh new videos!

Des Woodruff

Attachments

• T2W_Welcome_back.wmv
    421.7 KB · Views: 517
Nvec

Falling Wedge breakout play

d-

Attachments

• T2W.wmv
    8.2 MB · Views: 510
Aapl

AAPL = Bull pullback play

Des Woodruff

Attachments

• T2W-AAPL.wmv
    12.3 MB · Views: 544
Wcc

A trade that initially looked quite good, but I did not take it; for good reason.

d-

Attachments

• WCC.wmv
    9.3 MB · Views: 618
Votes

Areas that I wanted to point out.

d-

Attachments

• T2W Votes.wmv
    13.8 MB · Views: 767
Hi Des

Really glad to see you are back.... Thanks for the new videos,

Just have a question............I use a 20 and 50 period EMA as well as a stochastic..... Is there an indicator that can substitute volume ?

Thanks

Richrichie
South Africa

Hey Richie,

It's great hearing from all of you guys (and gals.) I hope you like the new format the videos are in. I spent a small fortune on the audio and video quality. The music is my person touch, which I really dig. I secretly wonder if anyone likes it.

Your question: Nothing substitutes volume. Price action (charting) and volume are the most important things in trading--period.

d-

Hi Des,

A quick question. Some of my trades never "start", because I set a trap to open at a certain level and the breakout I thought was going to happen never materialises. I was wondering how many/what percentage of trades you have that come to nothing like that?

Steve

Answer:

Actual said:
Hi Des,

A quick question. Some of my trades never "start", because I set a trap to open at a certain level and the breakout I thought was going to happen never materialises. I was wondering how many/what percentage of trades you have that come to nothing like that?

Steve

Hey Actual,

It’s good hearing from you. I would guess that 60-70% of my traps get filled. Things that might affect this percentage would be: the market’s movements as a whole or simply drawing the wrong trends lines. If your orders don’t fill, don’t look at that as a mistake. It’s (no more than) that you order just did not fill. Feel lucky that it didn’t.

d-

PS. Tip: You may consider using alerts over traps so you can confirm “increased volume.”

Hey des thank you for all your help and your videos! you are doing a tremendous job...I don't know of many successful traders that are willing to help others out by spending their valuable time teaching others...for free!! Keep it up!!! :)