free real-time quotes for ftse shares

thanks CR: understood. Have done that this morning and real-time quote then kicks in. BUT: there is a 'gap' in the data (missing candles) from the morning price action. it's very difficult to describe: basically, as I scroll horizontally, the candle 'jumps' to the real-time price (and misses out previous candles, I have attached as two separate graphs). Don't know why i'm having such bad luck with this :confused: I feel I'm nearly there...thanks:)

Attachments

• Chart of XTA friday1.gif
    Chart of XTA friday1.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 421
  • Chart of XTA friday2.gif
    Chart of XTA friday2.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 457
thanks CR: understood. Have done that this morning and real-time quote then kicks in. BUT: there is a 'gap' in the data (missing candles) from the morning price action. it's very difficult to describe: basically, as I scroll horizontally, the candle 'jumps' to the real-time price (and misses out previous candles, I have attached as two separate graphs). Don't know why i'm having such bad luck with this :confused: I feel I'm nearly there...thanks:)

i dont know what you are doing there - looks like different chart types
what is wrong with using chart 1 i dont see missing candles on chart 1

and whats this fascination with XTA you only seem to be looking at the one stock
do you get problems with other stocks ?

yes, problem exists with other shares also (such as Tullow Oil, TLW, Rio Tinto). I am using one chart, but i had to take a snaphot twice to display what i meant: on chart one, as u can see, the real-time price is not visible; it IS visible in chart two (3907 price) but as I scroll between the minutes (x-axis) there are missing candles :confused:

yes, problem exists with other shares also (such as Tullow Oil, TLW, Rio Tinto). I am using one chart, but i had to take a snaphot twice to display what i meant: on chart one, as u can see, the real-time price is not visible; it IS visible in chart two (3907 price) but as I scroll between the minutes (x-axis) there are missing candles :confused:

if you are still having problems...

post it at QTusers Forum - Index

Using free data when trading with your hard earned cash? QT is a so so program, surely if are trading with real money you will want reliable accurate data? The best free data supplier I can think of is MT4, but on your head if you want to trade off it.

Using free data when trading with your hard earned cash? QT is a so so program, surely if are trading with real money you will want reliable accurate data? The best free data supplier I can think of is MT4, but on your head if you want to trade off it.

AFAIK, MT4 does not provide uk stock shares data?? It provides forex in the main??

Install program, run it, go to 'market watch' right click and select 'show all', you will then find UK stocks and most indices, enjoy.

Hi, i'm also trying to find real-time FTSE 100 quotes. I installed the MT4 from MRC, but for the demo account they don't seem to have live feed, whenever you press on FTSE the window just says "waiting for update". Anyway, my question is, has anybody dealt with advfn ftse 100 quote and livecharts.co.uk ftse 100 chart. They seem to have a huge discrepancy between them. For instance today around 12:20, advfn quote ftse at 5295, after some delayed time livecharts ftse rose to 5295 as well. However right after that for the next 7 minutes advfn dropped down to 5293, 5290, 5288 and started circling around 5292. Livecharts on another hand never went down below 5295 again, instead made a sharp rise and stayed around 5300-5305 for that 7 minutes. Any idea who is correct?

One thing i noticed is that livecharts showed time of 11:20, while advfn showed 12:20, i believe this is just a small timezone difference of 1 hour. But if livecharts actually lags by a whole hour then that would explain it.

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and from Australia and would like to know if I can purchase real time FTSE 100 index options data? if so from which data provider? thnaks for your help...