Free online charting tool

Jinxed

Hi All,

I know I have posted this on T2W before but I figured that this is maybe worth its own thread. Comdirect have an online charting app which is free. You have to register but once you have you can use the tool which gives you an impressive range of indicators and charting tools including Fib drawing and most cyclicals from Murphy. It's really helped me in my initial understanding of TA.

http://focus.comdirect.co.uk/en/financetools/javaanalyser/index.html

You get data as far back as 10 years from a good range of exchanges and down to intraday level. Give it a shot if you want something to try before you shell out on a full blown trading app.

Cheers,

J

I have used this tool too.
It's very good, fast and user friendly.
However, so far as I can tell one can't use the other functions of their site, eg. trading, at the same time as this tool and one must download the applet each time one wishes to use it. This is a bit of a pain as ideally I would like to keep the charts open while I do things like search news or buy and sell.
Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my dodgy system? It closes itself whenever I try the above.

Shwty.

When I come across this problem I usually open two or more Windows and work between them. Also useful to monitor bidding activity on ebay in closing seconds in one Window whilst waiting to make final (winning?) bid in another! It helps having 21" monitors so all open Windows are visible at the same time.

Yup. That works. Goodness knows why I didn't try it already. Doh!
:rolleyes:

Ta

Shwty

Does the Login have to be different to the trading login on Comdirect? I tried to open two windows but couldn't log the second one in.
Not sure if its the site or the new security update from windows. :confused:

Jinxed
Welcome to the site - it sounds as though this should perhaps be in the Software Guide and I'll look at it as soon as I can

Last edited:
Had a look at this yesterday and i think its fantastic, thanks for posting this....

Shwty + Nildes,

How are you finding trading with Comdirect?, i'm thinking of moving away from my currect broker, HB, to one which has charting/anylsis and ability to trade all in one place.

TYIA
Rob

Comdirect

Comdirect are fine and responded quickly to my query regarding logins for the watchlist as opposed to your account and have even put a note on the site.

The TA program is very well featured for a freebee and is certainly better than my previous favourite Bigcharts.

Tradingwise, they are cheap and easy to use both with buying and selling and I find their site easier to use than Selftrade who I also have an account with.

If you're thinking of signing up, let me know because I believe they'll give both of us £50 if I introduce you :cheesy:

PS, Forgot to say, you can use the watchlists from the trading if
you follow these instruction which they sent to me:

"In order to use the Analyst Info, you will need to link your watchlist to your comdirect account. This can be done by going to the Administration section of your comdirect account, selecting Edit Preferences and inputting your Username and Password for the watchlist. Make sure you click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page."

Hope this helps ;)

I'm thinking about it, and will definately let you know so we can both benefit from it... :D

thanks for your help