FREE help offered to struggling traders!

rog1111

Established member
Hi all. Are you struggling/angry/frustrated with your trading? Whatever you do or try seems to result in yet another losing trade? Well, I will help you!
The only thing I ask in return for this help is that you give me consent to include some written text about your before-and-after trading journey in a book I am currently working on, about the reasons why traders lose, and successful turnarounds. Naturally you´ll be given the chance to approve the relevant text before anything is published.
I really have no idea how many replies I'll get to this post, so initially just send me a BRIEF private message explaining your current trading situation. Then we can follow up with a phone call.
I can't guarantee that everyone's stories will be published in the book, but let's see where this takes us.
Best wishes,
Roger W
PS. Please keep all replies positive and civilised, thanks!

Last edited:
What help will you offer? I don't need help in making another losing trade, I'm really awfully good at it :D .
Seriously
1) Who are you?
1) this sounds like a bit of a scam, to be revealed later. . . .
2) what's in it for me? Are you going to tell me to learn chart dynamics, company fundamentals, and control my psychology?

...and so.... it starts.
1) You have my name and profile. Do some due diligence if you wish, then message me, or not.
2) Ditto
3) What sort of help depends on the nature of your problem(s)
Roger

Diligence produces "Rog1111" and "Established member" which doesn't tell me very much.

1) Who are you?
If you had bothered to put in even a small amount of effort you would see that rog1111 has an impressive profile and made significant contributions to this site.

1) this sounds like a bit of a scam, to be revealed later. . . .
Really, he has been a member of this site since 2004 and has never given any indication of being anything other than straight. It is ridiculous to think that he would wait 19 years to then scam someone but then due diligence for you stops at a name.

2) what's in it for me? Are you going to tell me to learn chart dynamics, company fundamentals, and control my psychology?
This has already been answered and you are coming across as just being petulant.

@rog1111 You are probably better off not wasting another minute responding to this.

Diligence produces "Rog1111" and "Established member" which doesn't tell me very much.
Hi cara1,
The trading world is littered with scammers and people who only have their own interests at heart and not yours - so I understand your scepticism / cynicism. However, as Inquisitor rightly points out, Roger (rog1111) isn't some new member who's just popped up out of nowhere promising to make everyone rich. The due diligence Inquisitor suggests you undertake is to at least do a search for threads/posts by Roger to help you form an impression about his knowledge and experience.

Roger's made it clear he's not asking for money but, rather, may wish to include 'your journey' in a book he's writing. That sounds fair enough to me - especially if he is able to help you get from wherever you are now to wherever you want to be. So, if you're struggling and would like some guidance - why not give it a shot - what have you got to lose? Obviously, if it turns out that Roger's opening post is just a ruse to avoid the beedy eyes of the Mods and he starts asking you for money - you can walk away and report your experience back to this thread. From where I'm standing, it appears to me that Roger has as much to lose from this arrangement - perhaps more - than you do!
;)
Tim.

I'm not wishng to offend anyone but iif someone wants something from me, which rog1111 does, a little information wouldn't be inappropriate.
@Inquisitor The profile information is unhelpful. Number of post only, as I said.
Perhaps if YOU had put in some diligence you would have realised that you were mistaken.

A search reveals a lot of posts "looking for traders". I don't kow how many posts going back how far, I'm expected to read. I don't think it unreasonable for the OP to say what position he sees hmself as having. One or two links would have satisfied that.

EG I'm a few months into trading. Having read a lot, and remembered some, and managed to put some into practice, I've had mixed results, with day trading stocks and some forex. Certainly, lack of pre-planning, and the psychological reactions, do hinder so I'm planning more, and downsizing until confidence increases. I have a paper account as well as a funded one, at a "free" broker which isn't great. I find it more helpful to use very small amounts rather than paper, to keep things "real".

I've read more than I currently remember about support and resistance, previous lows and highs of day, candle patterns/fractals, breakouts, momentum trading, mean reversion, specific techniques like how to deal with gaps, looking for catalysts in the news on associated stocks. I use various indicators such as EMAs, RSI for divergence. I don't have an anchored VWAP unfortunately. I now rarely go counter-trend, though the big 7-10 stocks, which I use mostly, for their volatility and liquidity, don't have so much of a trend.
I often watch DTTW live to see/be guided by what they're doing, but I'm too slow for the scalping they manage.
I'm looking towards longer term, ie swing trading, to slow things down, eg MKS recently.
The platform (CFD) I'm using has bugs, delays and misbehaviours which have cost me quite a bit, so I'd pefer to pay for something less noddy.
Inspite of that I'm looking at eToro; at least you can buy without the 0.5% fee and use a trailing stop loss, no swap fee ( I think). Could be good for some UK stocks which bounce about.

I see Rog1111 has asked for traders before, and supplied some info about a couple of trading platforms.
I assume Rog111 an author, and trader, but those are unusual in combination so I don't know - I haven't gleaned very much.
As I said, - a link or two.

I'm a retired C.Eng, still a volunteer teaching-assistant for STEM subjects at gcse and A level in the local non-selective school.

I have sent a pm.

Last edited:
I'm not a loser, however I sit on negative positions far longer than I'd like too, I usually get the direction wrong and have to wait for it to come back.

Watching live traders I don't see why they hold on to retractions as long as they do. If something takes you up to +50 and retraces to +20, well as far as I'm concerned you should have closed at about +48, and reopened at +20. But the habit seems to be to hold on.

A guy the other day was $8K down on Rivian. That may never come back because they devalued their own shares, in effect. How long before Tesla gets back to 400?

I'd rather close at minus 5 than watch something go to -100 before maybe coming back one day.
I tend not to touch anything with a wide spread.

I agree I find it hard to know how long is right, to hold on. I've sized right down, until I can sort things out.

I am Cara, or Cara1, or Cara2. In earlier incarnations I put the wrong email in somewhere so I expect I expired as unverified.

I did engage with Roger and sent him a lot of details, but he was moving house and the chat sort of fizzled out.

No shade on Roger, but there are an awful lot of scammers about.
I contacted one chap on Twitter, AsymTrader, who started off fine but then said I could follow his trades. Still fine, then he gave me the name of a website "platform" which evidently he'd recently set up, called Tradingview.live (May be a partial memory fail there, it was trading????.live - the details are all deleted now). He made out it was nothing to so with him, just a broker he used.
It claimed to be independent blah blah and running for years but IP address log at WHOIS said different. Basically he wanted me to send it/him money so he would have total control over it, as in keep it.
It said on the site that all withdrawals would be subject to a 20% fee. On Telegram he said no no that doesn't apply. Yeah right.
I suspect many other similar-sounding "people" to be operating similar scams. They often call themselves Mr someone or Mrs someone.

Basically I'm learning more but not risking much. Often down based on "I'll just try this" attempted trades. Some go well, too many crash.
If I ONLY open trades where I think there's a very high chance of success, I do ok. Ish.
I am still amazed by my ability to pick movements which have had dozens of candles in one direction, then after
checking levels, my trade of even a couple of dollars, will make them reverse. The other day I had one of a dozen candles, one of 20 and one of 72.
Of course I think it's just bad luck and hold on for a few minutes, only to go more negative.