Free Arcade Space

Pitscum

OK, instead of shelling out big cash for your desk, screens, TT, exchange gateways, reduced clearing fees, phone and computers, what about if it was given to you for free so all you need is a backer and or clearer???

sounds too good to be true? well it isnt.......NYMEX europe is offering all the above F-R-E-E to people who fancy trading their products.

Anyone interested, please call Mike Milano on (917) 488-7738.

Best you do before the vultures otherwise called trading arcades, hoover up 20 desks EACH (hello van de molen..more broken promises methinks?) and sub let them out for cash to people who never got to hear of the generous offer being made!!!!

ho hum

Pitscum said:
OK, instead of shelling out big cash for your desk, screens, TT, exchange gateways, reduced clearing fees, phone and computers, what about if it was given to you for free so all you need is a backer and or clearer???

sounds too good to be true? well it isnt.......NYMEX europe is offering all the above F-R-E-E to people who fancy trading their products.

Anyone interested, please call Mike Milano on (917) 488-7738.

Best you do before the vultures otherwise called trading arcades, hoover up 20 desks EACH (hello van de molen..more broken promises methinks?) and sub let them out for cash to people who never got to hear of the generous offer being made!!!!

ho hum

volumes at Nymex Europe are very low so Ive heard. I also heard that they are they looking to trade a Dubai sour contract? Also does it mean going back to trading in a pit?

i wouldnt go near nymex with your barge pole - just look at the operation in ny and you will see why:

bad data
bad fills
bad business plans
bad idea all round.

anyway, oil is just a bubble. its already forcing people to look for alternative fuel types already

charliechan said:
i wouldnt go near nymex with your barge pole - just look at the operation in ny and you will see why:

bad data
bad fills
bad business plans
bad idea all round.

anyway, oil is just a bubble. its already forcing people to look for alternative fuel types already

Im inclined to agree CC. Particularly given ICE's WTI product launching soon

what are you two grumpy old men twittering on about??????? are you day traders from home? if so i appreciate you couldnt afford the margin etc to trade the exchange markets. howver, if you are in an arcade, and if you prefer to carry on paying away in excess of £1500 fixed costs then, away you go.........carry on, we'll see the spaces go to traders more switched on......

ho hum

Pitscum said:
what are you two grumpy old men twittering on about??????? are you day traders from home? if so i appreciate you couldnt afford the margin etc to trade the exchange markets. howver, if you are in an arcade, and if you prefer to carry on paying away in excess of £1500 fixed costs then, away you go.........carry on, we'll see the spaces go to traders more switched on......

ho hum

Pitscum..dont take it the wrong way. Please look at my first post, I was asking you some questions. I also put a thread because I am interested in possibly becoming a local at Nymex Europe..despite 63 views, no-one has responded. So, rather than get annoyed, please could you give me some more info. Thanks.

the reason they are doing thw arcade is because they accept the brent isnt working. so rather than have an empty floor they would prefer to encourage people onto the floor to trade their own products . no you dont have to trade the pit. this is solely for screen trading. dubai sour will be out in dubai, q4.

Pitscum said:
the reason they are doing thw arcade is because they accept the brent isnt working. so rather than have an empty floor they would prefer to encourage people onto the floor to trade their own products . no you dont have to trade the pit. this is solely for screen trading. dubai sour will be out in dubai, q4.

Right, now I get it...Pitscum, I have some more specifc questions..ok to PM you?

Pitscum has been banned for one day, and as such his PM options will be unavailable until 9.00am tomorrow. Sorry, but he had several warnings. Maybe a day will give him enough time to calm down.

I wouldnt get too carried away with this, firstly the members who have floor teams on the floor are being given first option, then proven Energy traders as this is an attempt to take people for the IPE who I hasten to add have been offering a simular "free" desk space policy for some time.
Also the volatility on the Energy contracts makes it a very dangerous contract to trade if you know nothing about it.
You have been warned.

I think what Pitscum is trying to describe is that Nymex have accepted that their Brent floor isnt working and they are prepared to open the booth space up for any pro traders to come in and trade whatever they like - a la an arcade, but without a trader having to stump up a desk fee.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, a desk in the city, at one of the worlds best known exchanges - nymex - for nada cost per month, and all you need to sort out is a clearing house for your account?

Lets dispell some rumours here. Firstly you "MUST" trade Nymex energy products from this arcade although if you meet the obligations you can trade other markets in addition to the Nymex products. As members we have a handle on the requirements and if people are not making a worthwhile contribution to the Nymex volumes (i.e trade token trades just to get the free desk space) then they will be removed.
If anyone is really interested in trading the Nymex E-mini's then they can drop me a line.

Parky said:
I wouldnt get too carried away with this, firstly the members who have floor teams on the floor are being given first option, then proven Energy traders as this is an attempt to take people for the IPE who I hasten to add have been offering a simular "free" desk space policy for some time.
Also the volatility on the Energy contracts makes it a very dangerous contract to trade if you know nothing about it.
You have been warned.

It sounds good to me actually. Also, Im not a crude newbie.

Dubai Mercantile Exchange(Nymex Dubai) have ditched plans to open a pit in Dubai coz of the failure of the European pit. instead it is setting up an arcade for the Dubai Sour contract later this year.

the pits are dead - i dont know why they even be bothered with that one. only the really big commercials like the pits, but speculators want to go where the money is - not nostalgia.

I wouldnt get too carried away with this, firstly the members who have floor teams on the floor are being given first option, WRONG

then proven Energy traders as this is an attempt to take people for the IPE WRONG

who I hasten to add have been offering a simular "free" desk space policy for some time.????

Also the volatility on the Energy contracts makes it a very dangerous contract to trade if you know nothing about it. VOLATILITY AIDS TRADING, ELSE GO SELL SWEETIES

You have been warned.

Pitscum said:
I wouldnt get too carried away with this, firstly the members who have floor teams on the floor are being given first option, WRONG

then proven Energy traders as this is an attempt to take people for the IPE WRONG

who I hasten to add have been offering a simular "free" desk space policy for some time.????

Also the volatility on the Energy contracts makes it a very dangerous contract to trade if you know nothing about it. VOLATILITY AIDS TRADING, ELSE GO SELL SWEETIES

You have been warned.

I would love to know who you have been talking too as we had a meeting with Nymex last week and got those answers as well as the fact you have to trade theri products to have a place on the floor.
Of course Volatility aids trading, provided you understand the contract and have access to flow and understand how the contract behaves. But some of the swings we have seen on Energy have been too volatile causing knowledgeable traders to sit on the side lines and wait for a little more stability. You can have too much volatitlity and the market can be too whippy.
If you want to know about the IPE desk I suggest you call them.

Dubai Mercantile Exchange(Nymex Dubai) have ditched plans to open a pit in Dubai coz of the failure of the European pit. instead it is setting up an arcade for the Dubai Sour contract later this year.

um, nope not strictly true. rather creating a wholesale environment with trading hubs situated on a floor from which retail customers will be able to access the market. look on it as a hybrid of a floor and electronic trading