Forthcoming ex-dividend dates available here...

Typo

I now produce a list of forthcoming ex-dividend dates at:-

www.stockchallenge.co.uk

Press on the Dividend Dates tab at the top. (Sorry, I am aware that this site doesn't work with some browsers and will try to rectify this in due course).

I try to maintain accuracy but there may be some errors or omissions. Also note that I normally only update the information once per week (typically a Monday evening) and dividends declared since the last update won't be included.

Hope it's useful.

Ex Dividend Dates - USA

Does anyone know where there may be a free list of future ex dividend dates for American stocks? I have looked on so many sites but I just can't find one. I find it really difficult to believe that this information isn't readily avaibable.

Something similar to the excellent list on www.stockchallenge.co.uk would be great.

Thanks to whoever can help.

try www.dividend.com

Does anyone know where there may be a free list of future ex dividend dates for American stocks? I have looked on so many sites but I just can't find one. I find it really difficult to believe that this information isn't readily avaibable.

Something similar to the excellent list on UK Stock Challenge would be great.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Dear o dear,

If only you tried GOOGLE! It came up rather readily for me. Try this:-
FREE Ex-Dividend Date Search | Dividend.com

I have developed a strategy of making money out of ex-divs, leme know if you are trying something of this sort and had any luck with it. I tell you it aint easy tho.

Strictly defined parametres, absolutely no greed, target profit and accurate info are the few things you will need. Not to mention country specific laws!

Dear o dear,

I have developed a strategy of making money out of ex-divs, leme know if you are trying something of this sort and had any luck with it. I tell you it aint easy tho.

Strictly defined parametres, absolutely no greed, target profit and accurate info are the few things you will need. Not to mention country specific laws!

I just had a quick look at that link. I may have misunderstood it but it seems to show the total annual dividend and dividend yield, which doesn't seem that useful in the context of an ex-dividend date search. Or do these stocks only pay one dividend per year?

Ex divs

I just had a quick look at that link. I may have misunderstood it but it seems to show the total annual dividend and dividend yield, which doesn't seem that useful in the context of an ex-dividend date search. Or do these stocks only pay one dividend per year?

Hi

Only had a chance to check the reply today. If you are trying to find out an ex dividend date for a particular stock, it's best to check their website. If however you are just wanting ex dividend date that link clearly is the best place.

When you click on the link, it will show you the next ex dividend date yet to come and after which the stock will trade exclusive of dividend rights. There is even a caledar just above the dividend yield which you can toggle to see other companies going ex dividend on any particular date.

Most companies pay an interim dividend and a final dividend but can sometimes decide not to pay dividend to preserve cash flow etc expecially in the current times of hightened financial insecurity.

Hope this helps!:)

Thanks robsingh.

My point was you normally want to know the dividend value not just the ex-divdend date. Your link only states the annual dividend value. It's also helpful to know the dividend as a percentage of current share price.

Basically what's on UK Stock Challenge for UK stocks, although I may be more than a little biased!

Re: try www.dividend.com

Dear o dear,

Hello RobSingh, This is my first post on this site. I am very interested in finding out more about your dividend strategy, I have tried something similar with UK stocks with mixed success. I applied the same parameters as you plus a few more. I would like to discuss this strategy with you to see if I can improve on past performance. Look forward to your reply.

StockChallenge.co.uk is a fairly nice website that presents good dividend investment ideas. Another useful resource is http://www.best-dividend-paying-stocks.com that categorizes dividend paying companies by industry, sector, market capitalization, small/medium/large cap and also gives upcoming ex-dividend dates.

Does stockchallenge offer ideas for American stocks and not just UK based stocks?

StockChallenge.co.uk is a fairly nice website that presents good dividend investment ideas. Another useful resource is http://www.best-dividend-paying-stocks.com that categorizes dividend paying companies by industry, sector, market capitalization, small/medium/large cap and also gives upcoming ex-dividend dates.

Does stockchallenge offer ideas for American stocks and not just UK based stocks?

I concentrate on UK stocks only and get most of my data from Digitallook.

With the risk facing that I am accused of promoting my website, I'll therefore not mention the name nor the URL.

We try to educate and inform savers, investors and future retirees concerned about their retirement about ways how to invest for their retirement using a rather simple investment strategy: income investing and dividend-re-investment. In addition, we look at long term investment themes, such as the re-emergence of nuclear power. See for the URL in my profile.

Re: try www.dividend.com

Try this:-

I've found dividend.com often very inaccurate and out-of-date.

Shameless self promotion :cheesy: I work for DividendMax.co.uk which is a site listing all ex-dividend dates (CountdownMax) and also provides strategies for maximising dividend yield.

We've only just launched so it's early days, but the results we're getting using the service ourselves is very promising. Check out the demo and let me know what you think: DividendMax.co.uk