Formula help

who do i correct that...in windows xp
but who can i get a bar graf insted of an line graf
JEru:)
:eek:

Jose!
I try my best ...but cant you tell me if what i did above with the formula was right..everything about the code was not about changing from europa to..

Best wishes
Jeru

Sorry Jeru, but my available free time is very limited. This is all I can help for now.

You really need someone to sit with you and go through the MetaStock basics.

jose '-)

Thanks

Thanks for the help...good luck with your work.Perhaps later i can ask you more.If you are on holiday in norway..you can learn me some more ;)

Best regards
Jeru

jensfrode said:
who do i correct that...in windows xp
but who can i get a bar graf insted of an line graf
JEru:)
:eek:

OK Jeru,

“but who can i get a bar graf insted of an line graf” – I’ve got Metastock 9.0 EOD, and I’ve just opened the Metastock Manual on page 163; please read it as it contains the answer to your query!

“who do i correct that...in windows xp” – go to Start- Settings- Control Panel- Regional and Language Options- Regional Options tab- Customize- Numbers; you can manipulate your settings from there.
Finally, if you still have got problems, then click here:
http://www.equis.com/Customer/ and contact them, as they should be able to help you; there is even a phone number if you feel more comfortable talking to someone.
I’m sorry Jeru, but I do not know how to solve your problem – this is all I can do for you;
In past e-mails, I gave you a links about downloading the Formula Primer – please, read it, as this will help you enormously.

Eduardo :cry:

Zeppo!

I was thinking about a bar graf in Bop see the link you gave me...i we managed after some try to get it working(the bop) but with a line graf.I read the manual E. so one day .Iwe downloaded formual primer.Thanks.

But its not easy to understand what is wrong for a new beginner with formula who dont work right when you paste it in the indicator.

I am greatful for your reply...and time.
By the way do you know where i can get information or who i can look at a security - against its market.
And what are good orr bad indicators to use for intraday trading.

Have a good day.

Jeru :)

jensfrode said:
Zeppo!

I was thinking about a bar graf in Bop see the link you gave me...i we managed after some try to get it working(the bop) but with a line graf.I read the manual E. so one day .Iwe downloaded formual primer.Thanks.

But its not easy to understand what is wrong for a new beginner with formula who dont work right when you paste it in the indicator.

I am greatful for your reply...and time.
By the way do you know where i can get information or who i can look at a security - against its market.
And what are good orr bad indicators to use for intraday trading.

Have a good day.

Jeru :)

Hello Jeru,

Glad to help; no, it isn’t for a beginner, and I can tell you that Metastock is probably among the easiest; go and try Tradestation, for example, but you might consider shaving your head first, that way you won’t pull your hairs in frustration!
I simply do not know what’s wrong with your computer – contact Equis through the link I gave you, it is in their interest to help you.
When you say a security against the market, I assume that you mean Relative Strength Comparative; follow this link, it’s Jose’s website:
http://www.metastocktools.com/URSC/URSC.htm
URSC stands for Ultimate Relative Strength Comparative; you may want to download the documentation about the kit first.
I cannot really help you about an intraday indicator, for the simple reason that I do not trade intraday myself; but I do know traders who make a living trading intraday, and they all use the one tool common to all of them, which is Level 2, or Market Depth, or Order Book – they are the same thing.
One of those traders happen to be a member of Trade 2 Win, his name is Alan Rich, and he is known as Naz; he day trades the Nasdaq stocks, and uses for things that I know of:
a) A scanner from e-signal;
b) A plain five minutes candlesticks chart;
c) Fibonacci retracements, and:
d) Level 2, courtesy of his broker.
Luckily for you, there are some of his courses for sale on Trade 2 Win, click here:
http://www.trade2win.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16236&cat=253&page=1
There are some more of these in this link, too:
http://www.clickevents.co.uk/
Finally, you may want to go through this series of articles found at this address:
http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/day-trading-scalping/
I hope this will help you.
Regards.

Eduardo.
:cheesy:

Hi again!

"I simply do not know what’s wrong with your computer – contact Equis through the link I gave you, it is in their interest to help you."

Yes i have tried these, some problems i get an answare to and other they dont reply or forget??
Please can you only tell me this. if you paste in Bostian Intraday formula Eduardos inside your indicator: Does it work in your metastock??

{Bostian's Intraday Intensity Index }
var1 := (((2*C)-H)-L);
var1 := If(var1=0,0.01,var1);
var2 := (H-L);
var2 := If(var2=0,0.01,var2);
var3 := Sum((var1/var2)* VOLUME,21);
var4 := (Sum(VOLUME,21));
var5 := (var3/var4);
II := var5 *100;

II

the text cursor is blinking

var1 := If(var1=0, HERE 0.01,var1);

and when i do like this, its working

var1 := If(var1=0,01,var1);

Iwe learned a lot from you..thanks again i will soon be back.Keep up the good work.

Jeru :cheesy:

help

hi eduardo do you mind to give me a bit favor. I dont know how to define cross20 days in 1 month
>
> if the formula for cross 20 days high is
> Cross(C,Ref(HHV(H,20),-1))
>
> how can I write so that the meaning of the formula become cross 20
> high in 1 month?????
>
>
> many Thanks

ZEPPO said:
Hi jensfrode,

To tell you the truth, I haven’t got a clue! “moneystream” is a proprietary indicator, and it is evident that Worden has no intention to make the formula public.
All is not lost, though: Mark Chaikin and David Bostian are mentioned, this is important.
Both Mark Chaikin’s “Money Flow” and Gene Quong and Avram Soudek’s “Money Flow Index” are already built in Metastock – just call them up.
David Bostian isn’t – which is where I come in.
The formula below is the “Intraday Intensity” oscillator version; you can find all this in John Bollinger’s “Bollinger on Bollinger Bands” text, ISBN 0-07-137368-3; check Amazon.com, you might get a deal.

II

Eduardo :)

jensfrode said:
Hi again!

"I simply do not know what’s wrong with your computer – contact Equis through the link I gave you, it is in their interest to help you."

Yes i have tried these, some problems i get an answare to and other they dont reply or forget??
Please can you only tell me this. if you paste in Bostian Intraday formula Eduardos inside your indicator: Does it work in your metastock??

{Bostian's Intraday Intensity Index }

II

the text cursor is blinking

var1 := If(var1=0, HERE 0.01,var1);

and when i do like this, its working

var1 := If(var1=0,01,var1);

Iwe learned a lot from you..thanks again i will soon be back.Keep up the good work.

Jeru :cheesy:

Hello jensfrode,

Tell you what: post your query in this group:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/
and chances are that you’ll get some help.
I have copied and pasted that indicator on my MS indicator builder, and attached to a chart, and there isn’t any problem whatsoever, so it is possible that something is wrong with your computer.
Unfortunately, I do not know what it could be; if, ultimately, nothing can be done, you will need to contact an expert in Microsoft Systems and ask his help.
I sincerely hope that the group will be able to help; some of them are programmers.

Eduardo.

:confused:

hypersteroid2000 said:
hi eduardo do you mind to give me a bit favor. I dont know how to define cross20 days in 1 month
>
> if the formula for cross 20 days high is
> Cross(C,Ref(HHV(H,20),-1))
>
> how can I write so that the meaning of the formula become cross 20
> high in 1 month?????
>
>
> many Thanks

Hello hypersteroid2000,

I’m sure that everyone wants to help you, myself inclusive, if we actually knew what is it that you want! Very simply, we are confused; please, rephrase in more detail what do you want us to do, because we do not know.
Need proof? You’ve posted the same message to the equismetastock group, and received the following answer: “ HUH?”
The person who gave you that answer, Jose Silva, is probably the closest Metastock has got to the Messiah, so if he is confused, imagine the rest of us!
Please, hypersteroid2000, take your time, and in your own words, explain as much as you can how we can help you.
Regards.

Eduardo. :|

Hello Zeppo and Jose!

I have tried more on the issue and i done what you said E.

go to Start- Settings- Control Panel- Regional and Language Options- Regional Options tab- Customize- Numbers; you can manipulate your settings from there.

And after some trying i got it right like . not , and so on.

And now im glad to say, to you both, "your" formula work fine.

I really hope i can get back to you another time, for more help,you never know..even perhaps today. Never know when i run into something i dont understand :cheesy:

Jeru :D

jensfrode said:
Hello Zeppo and Jose!

I have tried more on the issue and i done what you said E.

go to Start- Settings- Control Panel- Regional and Language Options- Regional Options tab- Customize- Numbers; you can manipulate your settings from there.

And after some trying i got it right like . not , and so on.

And now im glad to say, to you both, "your" formula work fine.

I really hope i can get back to you another time, for more help,you never know..even perhaps today. Never know when i run into something i dont understand :cheesy:

Jeru :D

Cheers, well done jensfrode, I’m glad you could sort the matter out, as I really didn’t know how to help you!
After you have finished with the Formula Primer, you might want to follow this link:
http://www.metastocktips.co.nz ; it is a newsletter that is recommended to every Metastock owner; please, note that I take no financial, nor any other type of, gain by promoting this newsletter; but every subscriber agrees that it is very good value for money. I recommend it.
Also you might want to join the equismetastock group, where members help each other with coding enquiries, ideas, etc…; follow this link:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/
And, once more, well done.
Good trading.

Eduardo :D