FOREX VS FUTURES, i think i am wrong

dsalas

Hi guys, currently i was trrading the ES just a few times since the market has been so difficult, I didnt know anything about forex but i open a demo account with metatrader4 and started seeing the pairs, and the liquidity is huge with no gaps in a 1 min chart. trending pairs are often found compared to ES,YM or FESX. My question is WHY do you prefer FOREX . SHould i make the change in your opinion? It the ES you are almost restricted to the market hours.

Also Futures for what i am seeing doenst have the dame liquidity, any opinnions?

Also How much is one pip on terms of dollars?

Thanks guys

And lastly, any software you prefer?

Daniel:clap:

I trade the ES type futures and Forex. You can limit your risk with Forex. You can go from almost
no risk (1 mini lot) to as much risk as you can afford or live with. I like this capability. The Forex is
a large massive market. The broker (in my opinon) with the best platform and analytics is TOS.
And the best charting is Sierra. Also trade a demo account (paper trade). If you cant do well
paper trading, how can you do well with real money??

With Forex you can earn more quickly & you can make money when the market is bullish & bearish, not just when it's a bull market.

With Forex you can earn more quickly & you can make money when the market is bullish & bearish, not just when it's a bull market.

This is a very, very old arguement in favor of forex. Nowadays you can trade just about any market (and most certainly the ES) from the short side rather easily.

As for making more money, that's isn't necessarily true. It's a function of methodology and leverage employed.

My question is WHY do you prefer FOREX.

Lots of different choices, but not an overwhelming number (like stocks), and 24-hour opportunities. ES trades 24 hours too, but the volume outside the NYSE hours is a small fraction.

SHould i make the change in your opinion?

We can't answer that for you. It's largely a matter of personal preference.

Also How much is one pip on terms of dollars?

It entirely depends on the size of your trade.

Thanks a lot to all of you guys, The problem that i see with the ES is that the vol. outside NYSE market is very low and since a live in europe i am currently looking for a trending market at 10 am european time. Also can u recommend me a good forex broker. I was looking at Forex.com but not sure

thanks
Daniel