Forex Signals From Taps E.p.

Keltner channels

philhackett said:
If you follow all of their trades you will lose money. They boast about success not failure. You do not need to use people like themem. Get a charting package which has Keltner Channels and I will explain how to trade very simply if you like.

Phil

Hi Phil
I would be very interested to here your views on Keltner Channels , :cool:

Hi sr3d,
I see TAP E.P had trade of the day on Friday 29/4 on EUR/USD getting 70 pip move
how did you do with this signal? did you hang in for the full move.

As I see it the real advantage of this system is it gets you in to a trade at the right time without having
to sit at the screen all day. What you then do with the trade is up to your own experience of reading the
charts and applying technical analysis.

Cheers.

Last friday I didn't trade because I was busy in the morning. TAPSEP sent me the SMS while I was inside a building: got it 3 hrs later. TAPSEP just gave me another signal to short EUR at 1.2818 at about 7am London time, and now it's at 1.2870 at 11:22am London time. Had I taken the trade I would have been stopped out at 1.2848.

Personally, I think TAPSEP is more like a confirmation and alert tool. It is good at alerting trending movement and spikes. Like the last TAPSEP's "Trade of the Day" page of April, the 133pips move was detected correctly. But recently, the market has been going sideway alot, and TAPSEP gave out really UNRELIABLE signals. I find myself being more hesitated before taking a TAPSEP signal now than I was.

To Howi, if you'd like to try out the signals from TAPSEP, my Yahoo and AIM screenname are both nworld3d. Add me to your friendlist and I will IM you the signals from TAPSEP when it arrives. (hopefully TAPSEP doesn't mind)

cheers

philhackett said:
... Get a charting package which has Keltner Channels and I will explain how to trade very simply if you like....

wow, one more indicator to learn about. I'm listening ...

Facts are there is a clear definition for both results. Also, the user guide and the faq page of theirs explains their exit #1 and then even after being on trial and seeing the system live I don’t see how there could be any doubt.

I’m not sure if I agree that sr3d did not understand strategy 1. In post #11 he clearly explains how strategy #1 works and in the same post he also honestly says “They mention something about exitting strategy and enter strategy in their manual, which I have not got a chance to thoroughly read yet”. If he did not know about the bottom result it is because he did not read as he admits and not because it was misleading. Besides that point it seems like he does understand strategy #1 by the explanation in post #11.

Like I said Dave, nothing is misleading all people have to do is read. Hey, this is my two cents too. Keep up the good job with your site but make sure your reviews are based primarily on fact and not personal opinion or bias.

Sr3d, I just checked my charts and I did not see a tick near 1.2818. That actually looks like a good place to have had a sell entry if the market went there but are you sure that they did not remove the order and the trade did not happen? I just don’t see how they could have got in at that price. I’ve never been a big poster on these forums but I’m having fun. Its interesting and informative to see so many opinions.

philhackett said:
If you follow all of their trades you will lose money.
That's a very big and unambiguously worded claim, Phil. Can you tell us about your experience of using TAPS, please?

Hi mike, here are my replies.

mike4404 said:
Hey, this is my two cents too. Keep up the good job with your site but make sure your reviews are based primarily on fact and not personal opinion or bias.

I brought up this matter surely not base only on my opinion, but because there is been a complaint also from others.

mike4404 said:
Like I said Dave, nothing is misleading all people have to do is read.

I'm agree with you, that all people have to do is read. But if the page is not misleading, then please let me know how sr3d can come up with this statement :

sr3d said:
Their result for April is pretty good, 380 pips something, and I believe this is not "creative accounting." I am not advertising for their service at all, but I hope that I have invested in a right one.

As you and I know, the system result is not 380 pips (it is a trader exit strategy) but 59 pips (system result base on Exit Strategy #1)

And this statement too :

sr3d said:
wow... thanks dave, i didn't know about this fact. I will look more carefully and verify the result. But my question is: how do you know about TAPSEP's other performance result? They have one result page which lists all signals and loss/ profit in the month, I don't know if I can post the URL here or not, but the URL is http://216.73.104.102/data/Default....nth=4&Year=2005. To my knowledge, this page is honest.

Where sr3d only know there is only one result, the upper result aka the best scenario result aka the trader exit strategy, and not the system real performance.

I didn't say sr3d doesn't understand about Exit Strategy #1, all I'm saying is sr3d only knows there is only one result page.

mike4404 said:
Facts are there is a clear definition for both results. Also, the user guide and the faq page of theirs explains their exit #1 and then even after being on trial and seeing the system live I don’t see how there could be any doubt.

Maybe I'm too stupid too understand the bottom result. I'm still don't know how to add the number so I can get total result for April 59 pips. Even after talk to thei customer service, they don't have any exact calculation to come up to 59 pips. Maybe you could help me mike ?

Please understand, I didn't say TAPS.EP is cheating, I didn't say TAPS.EP is not profitable, I didn't say TAPS.EP is hard to follow, all I'm saying is TAPS.EP should stress the system real performance rather than displaying a best scenario result.

sr3d, I'm sorry that I quoted a lot of your posting. If there is a mistake on the above statement, please accept my apologize.

firedave said:
I didn't say TAPS.EP is cheating, I didn't say TAPS.EP is not profitable, I didn't say TAPS.EP is hard to follow, all I'm saying is TAPS.EP should stress the system real performance rather than displaying a best scenario result.
Absolutely. Totally agree with you, Firedave.

But it seems that Phil knows something that the rest of don't, here, so I'm hoping he's going to elucidate a bit ... am naturally very curious, as I'm sure we all are, to know how long he's monitored the service for to be so certain of what he says ...

Like I said Dave all sr3d and others have to do is read what is on the site. I don’t see one set of results being stressed more than the other. Like sr3d said he did not have a chance to thoroughly read through everything. I did and so did you which is why we understand the difference between the two results. A lot of the forex sites out there are so hard to read and understand that I actually found taps to be one of the more simple ones and they are actually contactable.

I guess we just have two different opinions here which is fine I enjoy reading other perspectives but lets just agree to disagree. Until I get a free trial or I get paid for this I am done on this topic. :)

mike4404 said:
I guess we just have two different opinions here which is fine I enjoy reading other perspectives but lets just agree to disagree. Until I get a free trial or I get paid for this I am done on this topic. :)

Hi mike, I'm agree with you, let just agree to disagree and move along. I'm enjoying our discussion, but we both have other better things to do and read. Surely we should keep in touch. All the best for you mike :)

I followed Tapsep for one month early in 2004 and i ended in loss while theyr were in profit acording to their results !
That was enough for me to quit

To sr3d
Thanks for the offer to try out the signals
not sure how to set this one up?

Cheers.

Taps E.p

:eek: :eek: :eek: what you see is not what you get......They show profits on their sites yes they are true till some extent be aware of the 2nd set of results not even close to 300 pips a month.More like -50 pips a month......
All they are intrested in is selling their system for an really expensive rate.
It cost 959 for setting up.....what setting up?????only they know
Also their after 258 a month....
If they are so confident you dont charge that much..Personally I would not buy their signalss....Hope this helps you guys out there...no way is it a holy grail

Look at the exit one stratergy in their past performance on the bottom half of their page

If you follow Taps signals you will be wiped out very quickly.

Use a simple cross over system using EMA's at 8 and 34 for long trades. Use DiNapolis method of trading which you will find at eSignal University. Try using Fibonacci numbers to vary the tightness of your trades using EMA's. The numbers you should use are 3-5-13-21-34-55.

Get trained by the STA. This business is populated with naive amateurs who lose all of their money. Trading is a profession not a game.

Phil

howi said:
Been looking at TAPS E.P. web site since receiving partner e-mail from Trade2Win.
Is any one using this forex trading system, if so what do you think ?
Do the mobile phone alerts come on time, I use orange which is not in there list.
The one off set up cost looks a bit steep.