Forex 'nitty gritty'.com, does he realise the meaning of the words "nitty gritty"?

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
Re: Forex 'nitty gritty'.com, does he realise the meaning of the words "nitty gritty"

One guest on the program, clearly a fully paid up member of the Politically Correct brigade went as far as to suggest that "looking at someone in a funny way" constituted a "hate crime"

The UK is becoming increasingly focused on "Policing of Thoughts". I guess the idea is that if this approach becomes successful then then police are not needed as the population ends up policing themselves.

Paul

Re: Forex 'nitty gritty'.com, does he realise the meaning of the words "nitty gritty"

I've heard you can't use the word "gay" anymore. The reason being is that gay can mean "happy" and the opposite of happy is sad.Which would make all non-gay people "sad". I used the term "non-gay" there as the word "straight" is also said to be unacceptable these days as the opposite of straight is "bent". I think you can still use lesbians if you want to though (but I find them a bit hairy :p)
It's all b*ll*cks if you ask me.

nitty gritty was and still is full of bull ****......... the only profit it ever made was for Mr Gritty

Total myth that the phrase has anything to do with the slave trade. If anyone fancies a rumble though we could discuss that and why civilisation owes the Royal Navy an enormous debt for being the primary instrument of ridding the world of one of its vilest institutions.