Forex Maestro

I use MTF analysis and look for longer term positions where my entry is around a key pivot point. If the weekly and daily line up then I will wait for the correct entry based on a 60m then 5 min then 10 tick chart. I may only get 2 signals a week and once the trade is in profit I will move my stop to BE and close 3/4 of my position when only around 20 to 30 pips are in profit. I will let the rest run to another key pivot level unless it goes back to BE which does not normally happen.

Sounds interesting, have you automated this in anyway? Seems as though it would be quite difficult to sit and watch your screen all day for two signals a week.

I get audible alerts when everything aligns so I don't need to watch the screen. The alert only lets me know that the setup is there and an entry still may not happen. I actually have different *.wav files for each possible alert such as "Pound Dollar Sell" or "Dollar Franc Buy" etc and it works quite well.

I am always open to new learning with trading and don't think I know it all but I will comment when I see something that may cause bigger issues than is being realised.

Paul

Last edited:
I get audible alerts when everything aligns so I don't need to watch the screen. The alert only lets me know that the setup is there and an entry still may not happen. I actually have different *.wav files for each possible alert such as "Pound Dollar Sell" or "Dollar Frank Buy" etc and it works quite well.

I am always open to new learning with trading and don't think I know it all but I will comment when I see something that may cause bigger issues than is being realised.

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul.

How long have you been trading this and how successful is it?

Quick update on my maestro.ex4 (aka Firebird v63D) that I started running at about 2am this morning.

It has produced 19 trades (18 winners and 1 loss). The loss is a trade I closed manually at about 6PM GMT as I didn't want any positions open over the weekend.

Net profit is $710.50 and I think that is quite staggering for a $5K demo account left to run for 16 hours with only one intervention!

Check this link: Statement: 677488 - Stuart Anderson for a live update of this demo account. It's running two EAs: maestro.ex4 and FAP Turbo.

FB-v63H04-TS

THANKS!!! However, please help me here:

In the inputs tab says TP=18, SL = 42 and Trailing Stop (TS) = 30

Are these settings correct TP=18 and TS=30)?

In your (anyone) experience with this EA, what actually are the best settings incliding the best TF?

Thanks again!

THANKS!!! However, please help me here:

In the inputs tab says TP=18, SL = 42 and Trailing Stop (TS) = 30

Are these settings correct TP=18 and TS=30)?

In your (anyone) experience with this EA, what actually are the best settings incliding the best TF?

Thanks again!

I'm using maestro.ex4 that I downloaded from a link I found on this thread. The settings that I am using are on P33 of this thread and I found these out from postings made by Ronika and iceman1 (thanks again guys) on this thread.

The answers to most of the questions about settings for maestro (aka firebird) are contained in this thread and other threads on trade2win and other forums! Seek and ye shall find....

All the advice is here if you look for it, but that's all it is: advice. It is offered without any guarantee of endorsement.

Key to success is always do you own research and make your own decisions!

I'm using maestro.ex4 that I downloaded from a link I found on this thread. The settings that I am using are on P33 of this thread and I found these out from postings made by Ronika and iceman1 (thanks again guys) on this thread.

The answers to most of the questions about settings for maestro (aka firebird) are contained in this thread and other threads on trade2win and other forums! Seek and ye shall find....

All the advice is here if you look for it, but that's all it is: advice. It is offered without any guarantee of endorsement.

Key to success is always do you own research and make your own decisions!

Dear friend,

I noticed that Maestro.ex4 and FB-v63H04-TS have different features in the input tab. So I am asking anyone who is using the FB-v63H04-TS EA to help me out with the settings I mentioned above and others in this particular EA - FB-v63H04-TS.

Gratefully yours,

Dito

Dear friend,

I noticed that Maestro.ex4 and FB-v63H04-TS have different features in the input tab. So I am asking anyone who is using the FB-v63H04-TS EA to help me out with the settings I mentioned above and others in this particular EA - FB-v63H04-TS.

Gratefully yours,

Dito

Have you checked out forex-tsd.com?

I think the built in TS on MT4 may work one way, but the Maestro/Firebird EA manages TSs on its own and it may not be the same implementation as the generic MT4 TS.

Hi Ronika

Just wondered if you are leaving maestro to run 24/7 or if you have found an optimum timeframe for it to run in?

Quick update on my demo account so far. Check the statement at Statement: 677488 - Stuart Anderson.

Notes:

First nine trades are FAP Turbo.
11th trade for €1.70 profit was closed manually.
25th trade for €32.13 loss was closed manually.
28th trade for €11.20 profit was closed manually.
Trades 36 to (€12.54 profit) to 46 (€0.35 profit) which includes a €346.74 loss were all FAP Turbo.
Last two and all currently open trades (at time of writing) are maestro.

Taking out the FAP Turbo trades I calculate maestro has made €1098.87 (On a demo account running 24/7) from around 2am (GMT+1) on 20th March. N.B. I manually closed open trades and then I switched it off from around 7pm GMT until Sunday evening.

I will be removing FAP Turbo from this account today and putting it onto a seperate demo account.

Hi Ronika

Just wondered if you are leaving maestro to run 24/7 or if you have found an optimum timeframe for it to run in?

On my demo accounts, I leave all EAs on continually, 24/7, to see how they fare. On my live account, I'm now going to try the "Drive the EA" method, and I don't plan on leaving trades open at the end of the week.

On my demo accounts, I leave all EAs on continually, 24/7, to see how they fare. On my live account, I'm now going to try the "Drive the EA" method, and I don't plan on leaving trades open at the end of the week.

What is the "Drive the EA" method?

Hi Ronika,

In an earlier post, you stated that you bought both the maestro and advanced maestro robots, and returned them for a full refund; could you please elaborate on what the process of the refund was like- was there any hassle trying to get your money back from clickbank (and how long did you hold on to the products for)?

Me thinks I like this strategy- they are meant to be free anyways! cheers

Hi tione01... I just used the link in the ClickBank Invoice, which takes you to a page where you can choose from a drop down menu - Request a Refund. In the Comments section I mentioned that this was a rip off of a free EA and I wanted my money back. Within a couple of days, I got the refund - no questions, no hassles, no trading report to the seller. I had the EAs for a couple of weeks, when I found this and other sites, where I discovered Firebird and thus the rip off re Maestro.